Bankoletti

Normal loading times - what are they?

Bankoletti

What are "normal" loading times?

I'm sort of new, so I don't have enough experience yet, but waiting several minutes for session to start - is it normal? And after the mission ends, again black screen is there for eternity before my player is shown with the results.

Is this normal, or can I do something about it on my end?

Thanks.1904088250_2020-08-1316-33(0).thumb.png.a4c87b1ad0c4abf66afa9441410646a5.png

Antmax

On my system I reckon it takes about a minute to load customs. It seems longer than it actually is and there are moments of seeming inactivity when you wonder if maybe something went wrong. I'm a relative newbie of about 2 weeks and have gotten used to it.

It might be quicker on SSD but I think a lot of the wait is for the spawn loot and character data and syncing the game over the internet more than actual physical disk loading times.

The black screen when your game ends is normal too, it's annoying. When I first started playing I wasn't aware of the timer and scavs didn't get as much time the map lists for Player Characters and found the screen would fade to black randomly about 10 - 15 minutes after I started playing even when I wasn't being killed. The follow up screen that finally appears says Miissing in action.

It's these long delays with no information that make the game seem more beta than it actually is. I'm not sure why they can't just store some text in memory to pop up on the screen telling you that you died at the end. It would be nice to have more stats about the player that killed you too.

It's a good game if you persevere. A nice change after playing Modern Warfare for the last month.

xBMxBanginBUX

Should take about a minute maybe 1 min and 30 seconds for map and loading loot. Recent patches have ruined that.

BSG fucked something up, a lot of people keep freezing at "loading map 90-100%" it's the major cause for late spawns right now. 

Last month load times were not an issue, they put out a patch and its progressively gotten worse, it's not your hardware either so don't worry about your computer.

There's nothing optimizing your game will do either trust me I spent a whole day trying everything available online, nothing improved load times. I get about 80 - 100 FPS when I do load in and I barely stutter so that's nice but late spawns killed my enthusiasm to play.

Here's the kicker (to me atleast) I've got a GTX980 4GB i5 4690k 16gb ram and a HDD. (Lol inb4 people talk poo about my little tank.) and I'm on a 2560x1440p monitor with 144hz.

My friends got a higher end GPU CPU and an SSD on 1980x1080 and struggles with loading map 100% these past couple weeks. Before I was beating him on load times, I had higher FPS, he stuttered and I didn't. We used to usually load in at about the same time.

My little tank of a computer shouldn't have been surpassing him in load times with just a HDD let alone have higher FPS. We have dual monitors so one of us will stream to keep track of one another or get perfect call outs and when loading in I almost always beat him to Waiting for Players or Awaiting Session Start and he'd spawn in after me by a couple of seconds so it wasn't like I had to hide and wait for him.

He'd also stutter and lag at the start of a match more than me, like fps dips down to a slide show and warms up till it runs smoothly. He also gets about 70 - 90 fps on most maps (I think he hasn't optimized his graphics not like he should have to with such a high end computer.)

Really hope something is done about this or looked into sooner than later.

Bankoletti

Thanks chaps, good to know I'm not the only one.