Sign in to follow this  
GhostZ69

I just played 5 rounds of Call of Battlefield Red Ops

GhostZ69

I died a whole lot trying to ADADAD spam while bunny hopping.  I asked why I was dying so much and why the TTK was so fast and they all told me:

"Go back to your cartoony Escape from Tarkov EFT noob!."

I was sad.

• Hot 2
  • Cold 1

GhostZ69

LoL I know right Xarc.  I thought it was funny at first but then I thought it was not.

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, Xarc said:

I've played CS long enough until the Source version then jumped to Contract Wars ... which was a revelation for me (a new world).

Believe me ... I'm hurt somehow when someone think like that ... but what can we do ?

Honestly?  We can only hope that one day someone who is in charge plays the game and realizes just how bad it has gotten and says ENOUGH.  Then they go back in the lab and recreate the magic that brought the original core of people to the game.  I want that magic back.  Not the magic of 20% damage reduction potions...  I mean stims.

Sir_Mossy
4 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Honestly?  We can only hope that one day someone who is in charge plays the game and realizes just how bad it has gotten and says ENOUGH.  Then they go back in the lab and recreate the magic that brought the original core of people to the game.  I want that magic back.  Not the magic of 20% damage reduction potions...  I mean stims.

The thing that really bothers me is that they already have a sort of inertia in the game. Notice how changing from running to walking speed is gradual and not instantaneous anymore, or how being overweight requires you to build up run speed? They have to already have some sort of setup that could be moderately tweaked to be an inertia system for WASD movement to prevent stuff like this. 

GhostZ69
21 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

The thing that really bothers me is that they already have a sort of inertia in the game. Notice how changing from running to walking speed is gradual and not instantaneous anymore, or how being overweight requires you to build up run speed? They have to already have some sort of setup that could be moderately tweaked to be an inertia system for WASD movement to prevent stuff like this. 

They had it back in Alpha and removed it.  They implemented it again and did not like it and basically "turned it down to 1."  So, instead of using the last three years to balance and tune it, they just yanked it out.  

No one wants a system that is clunky and cumbersome (unless you are severely over honking weight).  We all (should) want a system that "feels" good without being lightning like without inertia, or something that feels like the fat out of shape kid swimming through molasses on a cold winter's day.  There is a middle ground to be found.  There is balance to be found.  But you can't do that without having the system in the game and being tested.

tobiassolem
16 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

They had it back in Alpha and removed it.  They implemented it again and did not like it and basically "turned it down to 1."

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the reason was because it affected the colliders/hitboxes and impacted desync negatively.

GhostZ69

That is quite possible.  I remember when you could use a door to squeeze your hotbox off of you so you could have "God Mode."  But, that is the reason it should have stayed in the game back in the Alpha.  To work the bugs out, to work the kinks out.  That is what the Alpha is for.