Display flickering in EFT

leerdnuss

Hello guys,

i have an issue with the game which is very frustrating, maybe someone has an idea or alredy had this problem (i read about some older forum posts with the same problem, but people said it's fixed).

My Display starts to flicker only in EFT and i dont mean the usual texture/edge flickering. The whole display continously changes its brightness and it is giving me headaches and eye strain.

I made a few Videos, the flickering itself is the same as in real life, no camera capture frequency differences is what you see, its like the videos but a bit more intense and visible.

1. Usual brightness flickering (This is the display, it is not visible on recordings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-XvhNnmhHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmkUjE9y-w

2. In this video there is also a good visible black scanline (at least i guess?!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLtaiiaBgxs

3. Here you can see even colours changing (probably because of the brightness, i dont know tbh). Look closely on the colour of the empty slots of the ScavBP from 0:11 to 0:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlMJ5sffto

I thought it was my new display, an AOC AG342UCG6 (3440x1440 / 120Hz / official G-Sync), it is a VA and they tend to some things like this.

Then i tried my "old" [email protected] FreeSync TN Display, and the flickering was also there but not as visible as on the new monitor. Possibly because of different refresh rates, contrast and max brightness) The effect was the same.

I tried around with things like:

- G-Sync on/off

- different FPS Limits below the native refresh rate

- different overdrive stages of the Monitor

- i reinstalled my Windows 10 and the game, ran only with the least needed drivers and software

Because it happens on both monitors and in no other game than EFT it has to be, somehow related to the game.

I found out that enabling V-Sync ingame fixed this issue, so i guess its refresh rate related?. But the game runs terrible with V-SYNC on (No matter the G-Sync settings), running smooth in one moment and terrible, unplayable stuttering in another.

If someone could provide help or useful tips, i would be very grateful!

I'm running:

- i5 8600K on a Z370

- 26666MHz RAM

- 2080 Super iChill Black

- fresh Windows 10 Pro

Edited by leerdnuss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issue, only thing I changed is the graphics card to a 6800 XT from my 5700 XT but it still did the same thing just not as pronounced. Not sure about your case, but I actually don’t get any frame drops but I do get the flicker you described alongside some mild stuttering (again, FPS doesn’t change). I feel like this game is so unoptimized. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took my monitor's power cable out of my surge protector and plugged it into it's own wall socket.

That helped.... but it didn't solve it.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.  I find it happens if I load into a map looking at the sky during a daytime raid (though it doesn't happen every time).  The whole screen flickers with more intensity on the light areas, this seems to die out after 30 secs or so.  I honestly thought it was my 4K monitor, but no other application does this and when I run it on my older 1080p monitor and the same thing happens.  This is certainly a Tarkov issue.  And yes, vsync and any other graphical change I've tried seem to make no difference.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here guys, but it flickers only in main menu, when i change resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 900, my monitor stops flickering but this cant be the solution, the game kinda looks terrible in 1600 x 900 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 6:41 AM, OneManArmyy said:

same problem here guys, but it flickers only in main menu, when i change resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 900, my monitor stops flickering but this cant be the solution, the game kinda looks terrible in 1600 x 900 

Same as me, I dont think its in a raid at all, i only noticed it beacause I was just sitting in the menus trading with dealers.  I've never noticed it before but that was several wipes ago, I think this is an issue with the newer patches

Hi all

Had this issue on a G7 Samsung monitor but was resolved via a firmware update from Samsung. So maybe check your respective manufacturer to see if there is a update for your monitor. 

Swats73 

• 4 weeks later...

Got the same issue with my AOC C24G1. Starts flickering in menu and when I walk through light and shadows in raid. Sometimes when I enter or exit rooms. When I look at very bright areas diagonal lines start flashing. Here are some videos showing the effect: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I6-Hq2wxbZ4Uv03CLp8NdiFHHakJpbdo

tried a lot of solutions. The only thing that seems to affect the flickering is the color mode of the monitor. It’s almost gone when I switch it to sRGB. Every other mode shows flickering.

got a gtx 1660 super connected via display port and hdmi 2.0

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Same annoying problem here - on my old DELL Monitor (S2716DG, 144hz, G-Sync) and also on my new LG OLED48CX9LB (G-Sync, 120hz). It heavier and more noticable after 0.12.11 😞 My about 500 other games are totally fine.

Edited by hellspawn25

For those having this issue - it was related to the motion blur on the monitor itself for me. I had to turn that off to stop the flickering.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you set your monitor refresh rate to the max that your monitor supports in advanced display settings on your pc. Fixed it for me and a friend