ollie_790

Next wipe ?

ollie_790

Hello Guys , 

I recently started to play seriously EFT (my first wipe tho) . tried to look for an answer on the forum but cannot find anything .... When It is suppose to happen ?

TheWhistler
Posted (edited)

Hey there Ollie, there is no word yet on when the next wipe is going to happen. It should still be a while. They will give us a general idea when it's going to happen well in advance normally (at least a patch to expect a wipe).  Wipes only happen when it's absolutely necessary.

Edited by TheWhistler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TUALMASOK

My guess is when Streets of Tarkov comes out, but that's just a guess, and I have no idea when Streets will come out.

BanditMaka

No one knows yet, not even devs. Considering the last few have been around 6-9 months a stretch, and we are 80 days in. Another 3-6 months would be a safe estimate.

ollie_790

thanks for all your answers :)

• Like 1

Moloney

Will Tarkov eventually have seasons similar to e.g. diablo 3? 

If you haven't played that game, I mean:

Main pmc is permanent growth. But separated is when a season starts, you can create ba fresh pmc that cannot benefit from anything your main pmc has. Then after the season ends, your season toons gear gets deposited into your main pmc and the season toons is deleted.

DesertShadow

I'm a game dev but not on Tarkov. My guess is yes to seasons, because this game becomes less and less interesting once you hit 40 and do most/all of the quests, so it has a natural cyclical game balance. They will  likely polish the experience a bit more, so it doesn't feel so chaotic, but I think the idea of everyone starting over has been well received by the community thus far, I don't see why it would never exist. It's a lot of fun to have everyone dancing around in paca's scrounging for basics.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

ChewChew6
1 hour ago, DesertShadow said:

This game becomes less and less interesting once you hit 40 and do most/all of the quests, so it has a natural cyclical game balance. 

You can reset your game if you feel you've reached the end. Obviously, as a dev, I know the game (Even an app) is in beta so I'm not expecting late game content, for now. I saw streamers resetting there game on purpose, just for fun, or getting new accounts because they want to enjoy the "stress" game of Tarkov again.

It's a lot of fun to have everyone dancing around in paca's scrounging for basics.

Yeah, I agree on that hahahaha

GhostZ69

I'm a game dev but not on Tarkov. My guess is yes to seasons, because this game becomes less and less interesting once you hit 40 and do most/all of the quests, so it has a natural cyclical game balance. They will  likely polish the experience a bit more, so it doesn't feel so chaotic, but I think the idea of everyone starting over has been well received by the community thus far, I don't see why it would never exist. It's a lot of fun to have everyone dancing around in paca's scrounging for basics.

Well, I would not be so sure about that.  They are already tired of developing Tarkov and want to move on to Russia 2028.  For every EOD edition they sold they will never see another penny.  If you were too cheap to buy EOD then you probably won't stick around for any DLC they have, which will mostly be "Weapon Packs" and a few quests, all of which will most likely be sub contracted out any way.

So, in short, they do not care if people stick around after their purchase.  They already have your money.  If you do stick around you are just costing them money taking up a server slot.  They would RATHER you quit the game.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

qweewqrty

There is difference between wipe and accaunt reset - when it's wipe, all other player starts fresh, and do same quest as well. So it rea;;y different game, when unusual location becomebattlegrounds, coz it's quest target. And later in season(let's call it season, ok?) noone cares and half of quests become easier. And when you reset accaunt, it's just you running around with paca. And well geared PMCs kicking your ass aroun. As for me - not that fun)

BanditMaka
On 9/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, GhostZ69 said:

Well, I would not be so sure about that.  They are already tired of developing Tarkov and want to move on to Russia 2028.  For every EOD edition they sold they will never see another penny.  If you were too cheap to buy EOD then you probably won't stick around for any DLC they have, which will mostly be "Weapon Packs" and a few quests, all of which will most likely be sub contracted out any way.

So, in short, they do not care if people stick around after their purchase.  They already have your money.  If you do stick around you are just costing them money taking up a server slot.  They would RATHER you quit the game.

Too cheap to buy EoD? It's a 140 quid edition of an in dev game. Totally understandable if people don't want to shell that out.

BSG and Nikita have already made a f- ton of money, if they didn't care about tryna finish the project they could call it a day now and would still have fulfilled more of their promise than the Survarium devs ever did.

You spew endless negativity why do you even still chill on the forums?