Demonglo

Scav Karma

Demonglo

The scav on scav killing is out of control. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the scav supposed to be working together against the USEC and BEAR?

Idea to curb the scav on scav killing: kill a scav without them shooting at you first and your next scav has diminished gear because a drop in karma points. Kill more scav, karma points drop and gear is diminished even more. After karma points get so low, you spawn in as scav with just a knife. If you choose to continue to kill scav as a scav without provocation, the timer for your scav will increase.  Something has got to change with this game........

Scavs used to work together for the most part, but now its just a KOS fest on every damn map. Even if its a scav fighting against a PMC, another scav wont help kill the PMCn they will take the easy kill on the scav, even if they will die when its them against the PMC in the end. Its ridiculous.

• Like 3

N1shazu

Quote:

Scav mode

“Playing as a Scav is like playing the game without rules, one where the players can experience quite different gameplay with a focus on reckless abandon. The Scav player is spawned together with AI Scavs - for example, in a locked spot on the map, in the middle of the time allocated for the raid. Scav tactics change up the overall style of raid gameplay, and in most cases, complicating the lives of BEAR and USEC players, while also fighting amongst themselves.”

Karma system is apparently planned, I don’t know how it will work but I don’t think it will however change anything regarding the kos”, this kind of freedom is part of the game and part of the lore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kriket42o
23 minutes ago, Demonglo said:

The scav on scav killing is out of control. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the scav supposed to be working together against the USEC and BEAR?

Idea to curb the scav on scav killing: kill a scav without them shooting at you first and your next scav has diminished gear because a drop in karma points. Kill more scav, karma points drop and gear is diminished even more. After karma points get so low, you spawn in as scav with just a knife. If you choose to continue to kill scav as a scav without provocation, the timer for your scav will increase.  Something has got to change with this game........

Scavs used to work together for the most part, but now its just a KOS fest on every damn map. Even if its a scav fighting against a PMC, another scav wont help kill the PMCn they will take the easy kill on the scav, even if they will die when its them against the PMC in the end. Its ridiculous.

I think the point of being a player scav is that you dont have to worry about the AI scav (as much lol) making it perfect for those times your running low on roubles. Taking away the threat of other player scavs would make it not much of a challenge at all and possibly even slightly effect the economy. Yes of course you could run into a pmc but if your a smart player scav, you can use other scavs + your knowledge of spawns/hotspots to have raids where you literally avoid all threats. Ive done it multiple times when I was hurting for some roubles. AI Scavs = Radars & sometimes meat-shields :) 

Ravenghast

I like the idea of karma, it would probably be better then the current system.
I think the game is the most fun when you are overcomeing the risk of losing it all whilst just barely getting out with the big haul. This applies to PMCs as well as scavs. Scavs right now are largely functioning as a nuisance to geared PMCs and the main adversaries to low-gear pmcs. They ought to be banding together to get bigger hauls in total, giving a chance at bringing down the big boy. For everyone doing a scav-run, this would be beneficial, and make it harder for big boys.
I understand that the scavs are intended to "live by dog eat dog rules" but at the end of the day, its a game and you are supposed to have fun. Think about it, is it really more fun to kill a scav for his mp-133 and a kolpak or the big boy with fort-armour and a kitted AS-VAL?

I know what i think is more fun.

Therefore the change i would like to see is one of the following:
1. Scavs suffer some kind of penalty for "teamkilling" which shouldnt be so severe that it would never be done - but should be done very sparingly. Options include significantly legnthening the respawn timer for scavs who teamkill (say 10h) or setting a tag on the items taken making them unsellable, but usable. Im sure that the devs can come up with something appropriate.

2. Make a seperate faction for people who want to cooperate to take down big boys. I'm thinking that you could spawn in as a raider on labs or reserve and function as a scav in all aspects other than getting slightly better gear and having to kill a pmc before you could extract. Perhaps you would need to spawn in with someone in the lobby. Teamkilling as a raider would kill you too and these raids could be with long cooldowns as well.
In conjunction with this, scavs should have decreased high value item spawns in their pockets and guns, and also be somewhat penalised for attacking non PMCs.

I think option two is the preferable one, because it should make big boys a lot more nervous as well as letting broke players have the best kind of fun, with real chance of bring home the big bucks. It would also let scavs be scavengers, dusting the map for semi-low value items in comparable safety, only really having to fear PMCs, which makes a lot more sense than rushing people with a bad gun and being overly aggressive because you have very little to lose.
High gear players could be targeting hotspots as usual, but actually having something to fear from time to time. Low gear players can target scavs while avoiding raiders. Raiders can target any PMC, but realistically need to cooperate to do so and have a chance to get big money. Scavs get a safer environment to collect loot in, in order to give them low-risk low-reward easy money and hideout parts as a slow and steady catch up mechanic.
Naturally this would be a big change to the games dynamic, but maybe thats what it needs to get back some of the spice its lost.

chrisragnar

If you want to cooperate as scavs then team up as a squad just as usual. Problem solved.

Antmax

The wiggle head thing sort of works. Often I wish there was some kind of localized voice coms so you could speak to other players within hearing range. When I'm a scav I tend to be scavenging for specific things and am not interested in combat at all and I'm petty sure there are a lot of other people out there the same way. 

Right now you have to take a gamble and not shoot straight away giving up the initiative and hope that one of you wiggles to suggest you are friendly. 

chrisragnar
3 hours ago, Antmax said:

The wiggle head thing sort of works. Often I wish there was some kind of localized voice coms so you could speak to other players within hearing range. When I'm a scav I tend to be scavenging for specific things and am not interested in combat at all and I'm petty sure there are a lot of other people out there the same way. 

Right now you have to take a gamble and not shoot straight away giving up the initiative and hope that one of you wiggles to suggest you are friendly. 

Right now the ai bot scavs also do the wiggle. I snicker abit when I imagin some player scav wiggling back to a ai scav and seaming about teaming up :p.

Antmax
30 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Right now the ai bot scavs also do the wiggle. I snicker abit when I imagin some player scav wiggling back to a ai scav and seaming about teaming up :p.

Yeah I noticed that. I'm pretty new to the game but it didn't take me long to notice some skavs that wiggled had very wooden movement patterns. Cheeky game devs lol. 

mattix

Karma? That's for the degenerate scum of humanity aka redditors.

• Sad 1

Thormato
2 hours ago, mattix said:

Karma? That's for the degenerate scum of humanity aka redditors.

Karma was planned by BSG befor you even heard of this game, inform yourself befor you talk such nonsense

mattix
21 minutes ago, Thormato said:

Karma was planned by BSG befor you even heard of this game, inform yourself befor you talk such nonsense

Found the asshurt redditor.

Too bad you cant downvote the truth into oblivion, now can ya?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Thormato
9 hours ago, mattix said:

Found the asshurt redditor.

Too bad you cant downvote the truth into oblivion, now can ya?

i always wonder how it is possible to be as dumb as someone like you

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

CheesyOranges

Everyone calm down, the Karma system was announced by Nikita a while back and will eventually be added into the game. Rather than coming up with baseless facts lets wait till its added then critique it.

Demonglo

so, all in all, i take that its just better to join the KOS mindset than to actually think about getting better for a few. Gotcha!

Funny how we all know that when you KOS another scav, you may get a better gun and pack, but you also still have to make it out alive against other scav, Player and AI. Now that youve killed another scav, youre marked. Smart thinking. (sarcasm for those slower readers)

Place it in your mind in whatever context you want, fact is, 2 is better than 1. 3 is better than 2. you gain nothing in exp for killing scav as a scav. Only thing you may gain is a bit of gear. But we all know that the royalties are when you as a scav kill or find a THICC PMC or raider and hit the extract. That can better be accomplished by teaming with another scav player than killing your potential teammate.

chrisragnar
4 hours ago, Demonglo said:

so, all in all, i take that its just better to join the KOS mindset than to actually think about getting better for a few. Gotcha!

Funny how we all know that when you KOS another scav, you may get a better gun and pack, but you also still have to make it out alive against other scav, Player and AI. Now that youve killed another scav, youre marked. Smart thinking. (sarcasm for those slower readers)

Place it in your mind in whatever context you want, fact is, 2 is better than 1. 3 is better than 2. you gain nothing in exp for killing scav as a scav. Only thing you may gain is a bit of gear. But we all know that the royalties are when you as a scav kill or find a THICC PMC or raider and hit the extract. That can better be accomplished by teaming with another scav player than killing your potential teammate.

My god, if you want to team up as scavs just use the fkkn party system in the lobby.

Let the rest of us play solo scav when that is obviously what we feel works best for us.

TensedTatterTot
On 8/26/2020 at 11:21 AM, Thormato said:

i always wonder how it is possible to be as dumb as someone like you

Says the guy who missed the sarcasm in his first post 🙄

OP it has always been a KOS game mode and always will be. However when the game fucks you, that KOS becomes annoying. For example just spawned in on factory with a Scav 20 metres away looking at me. Turned out it was a player scav and the game had spawned me in the open in direct line of sight of them. If you ignore how broken the game still is, it's almost fun ;)

• Sad 2

TheRealOxMan

Scav's should cost money to hire. Payment is given upon completion of a raid.

They should have a case with Items in it like guns/ammo/items etc, and you should pay the scav to give you that.

The scavs should be hired as PMC's after the raid

You should buy all of the scavs gear independently after raid

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

RedFuryFIVE6

I wish there was a way to add someone mid raid when you are playing as a player scav. 

Lets say I find another player scav, and we stick together and help each other out and play together as randoms. If we could simply both click cooperate with each other and then we were added in the friends list I would really appreciate it. I usually always try to be friendly with other player scavs, sometimes i'll save them, sometimes i'll die too. But if we could of added each other mid raid when we are both being friendly with that simply cooperate emote we could of been friends in other pmc raids afterwards, making the experience just a little better because when a pmc kills me it says their name so you can add the person that killed you but not the ones that cooperate with you haha. 

Plz add this devs!

jockmcplop

Is there are reason a bounty system for scavs wouldn't work?

Like you get a bounty on your head for killing other scavs that increases the more you kill.

I don't know the game would tell us who had a bounty, but the system could surely work in game and with the lore.

BoganUSA

Yes, I can agree that this is super obnoxious.  To make matters worse this is cancerous while attempting to play on Factory.  5 times recently I load in as a Scav and a Scav kills me pretty much before I even get an opportunity to move.  You spawn with direct line of sight to another player or AI.

Antmax

Considering that in some levels there are extractions that only work is a PMC and Scav cooperate and leave together, I'm really looking forward to some kind of Karma system with options to team up with random  individuals in the game.

I'm not really into PVP and prefer a PVE environment most of the time anyway, so improvements in this area of the game would suit me quite well.

chrisragnar
On 9/19/2020 at 3:58 AM, Antmax said:

Considering that in some levels there are extractions that only work is a PMC and Scav cooperate and leave together, I'm really looking forward to some kind of Karma system with options to team up with random  individuals in the game.

I'm not really into PVP and prefer a PVE environment most of the time anyway, so improvements in this area of the game would suit me quite well.

Cooperate or more likely taken hostage..

On 9/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, jockmcplop said:

Is there are reason a bounty system for scavs wouldn't work?

Like you get a bounty on your head for killing other scavs that increases the more you kill.

I don't know the game would tell us who had a bounty, but the system could surely work in game and with the lore.

Well the main problem is that it's not against any game rule to fight other scavs.

jockmcplop
13 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Cooperate or more likely taken hostage..

Well the main problem is that it's not against any game rule to fight other scavs.

No but scavs were intended to work together, and if you were a scav, and there was some other scav going around killing everyone, what would you do? You'd want to dissuade people from carrying on with it. a Bounty system might work. It would also add a fun game mechanic for people who want to fight scavs as a scav, because it would add further challenge to the game if all player scavs wanted to kill them.

I dunno, I think it would be good, but probably really hard to implement properly because how do you inform players that a scav is killing scavs?