TheWay

Quick status report on what is going on in the studio

TheWay

Quick status report on what is going on in the studio.

1. Almost everybody is still working from homes and we are good
  2. Currently actively working on 12.8 (it will contain a big bunch of content and several features - one of them is a hand-held compass (cause wrist-based compass is also planned for later), also a lot of really good QoL improvements, bug fixes etc.) Not long to wait!
  3. At the same moment we are doing annual Unity dev review - optimizing game, making network run better together with Unity dev team
  4. 90% of level-designers/env artists are working on Streets of Tarkov location, but we plan to release one more expansion to old location before Streets (you can guess which one)
  5. Fighting with those who are not welcome. Did a pretty good things to throw back 99.9% of cheats. The war continues - report suspicious players after match (it really helps)
  6. Started to work on customizable rigs - it will be huge feature, one of my favorite (not in 12.8)
  7. And other things

TRANSLATIONS:

• Chinese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @Mage_Elminster
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @ZioEnzo
  • Swedish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @tobiassolem
  • Hungarian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @Settenke
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Battler34

I think the next expansion is shoreline. The military harbor is in there since the beginning but we are not able to get in. Would make sense.

RACWAR
17 minutes ago, TheWay said:

expansion to old location before Streets (you can guess which one)

I'm guessing woods. The map is too small. Or perhaps Factory, since it was said to get an expansion at some point.

Dysh
25 minutes ago, Battler34 said:

I think the next expansion is shoreline. The military harbor is in there since the beginning but we are not able to get in. Would make sense.

That shows off the map Terminal I believe, so I doubt they will open it up as a shoreline expansion. It’s supposed to be it’s own map. Would be cool if they opened it up but I think woods needs some love rn IMO 

Niewiarygodny
34 minutes ago, RACWAR said:

I'm guessing woods

Ye most likely, if i remember correctly they will add village there. I mean that was mentioned in the past.

KimiFelipe
1 hour ago, TheWay said:

90% of level-designers/env artists are working on Streets of Tarkov location, but we plan to release one more expansion to old location before Streets (you can guess which one)

Next expansion! ?Map_Shoreline.thumb.jpg.2799eccf7e7ecfdbfd59124853c65df5.jpg

rJarrr
50 minutes ago, Battler34 said:

Isn't that supposed to be part of the Terminal map?

• Like 1

SIRODXB11

Dear EFT Team,

It is my pleasure being a part of the Beta Game Supporting in EFT

but really i wanted to give suggestion for the betterment of EFT so that one day it becomes the best game ever made.

1} please add a mini map (Because remembering all the maps and extract points is humanly impossible) because the maps are too big.

2} server disconnection issues ( from the time i bought the game - i played only 3 successful matches and the rest kept me getting kicked out of the server) 

3} sort of a tunneling for middle east

4} set up Buy stations to purchase stuff ( purchase store for guns ammo and accessories without having exchanging stuff) and keep best rewards for the task completion)

5. instant reporting of someone who is hacking and good anti cheat with live HWID  ban option

6.Kill cam review.

7.and last but not the least - please reduce the SPAWN time from the earlier match - 20 minutes is like too much for someone to wait and people might just just get bored of waiting and switch to other  game to play something else in the mean time.(IMP)

Please its my request for the Devs to amend these above in the upcoming patches.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 11

Wolfsauge

How about fixing sound, hitreg and the whole player input processing chain?

Where is the Steam Audio, resp. binaural stereo progress?

I can't see anything in the update relevant to the current key issues of the game and it's framework, how they are perceived by most players and streamers alike, that I know personally.

SIRODXB11

@Wolfsauge bro sound is not that important but the ones i mentioned are the too important for a successful game play i mean how a person gets too annoyed and angry roaming around the map without having a knowledge of where to go and how to reach  every one doesn't have a 2 monitor {like me to keep the map open in the other monitor) plus in the night raid it becomes next to impossible even to find out the way without night goggles, and the moonlight doesnt even sheds light in the map :{

• Sad 6

HijackDallas

@SIRODXB11 a mimimap will never come. same goes for the buy station.

A kill cam could come, but not before the raid has ended, not after your death, but after the whole rais session (30-60 minutes)

for point 7. i´ll give you an advice... just wait for 10 minutes, after this mark, click back to leave the raid. You will be kicked after 45 minutes. But no one should wait for more than 10 minutes in matching. That´s common sense.

SIRODXB11

@HijackDallas bro i just wish and how if this game comes up with multiple spawns in less time within the same raid

2. mini map of where to go

3. and a server boost which could reduce the time from 20 minutes to something very less into another lobby and 

4. option to buy night vision goggles (in night raid ) without roaming around the map like a blind person

5. store to buy stuff without having exchanging stuff which could in turn help the devs to accumulate more money from the items bought from the store.

and the next patch could make life easier for players to spend time in the game. 

Love u EFT Team

• Sad 2

PrivateLogin

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

HijackDallas
vor 5 Minuten schrieb SIRODXB11:

do you have a printer or something else to get a map from Tarkov? After 20-30 Raids you have the map in your head. I also don´t have a 2nd monitor, but i tap out to see the map in the wiki. To be honest... i just needed 1 Offline Raid to get into the expansion of costums.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SIRODXB11:

3. and a server boost which could reduce the time from 20 minutes to something very less into another lobby

I have more or less just 1:20 for Matching, so in just less than 3 minutes to start a raid. mostly i get right to the beginning of this Raid and not a late spawn

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SIRODXB11:

4. option to buy night vision goggles (in night raid ) without roaming around the map like a blind person

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Gear_components#Night_vision_devices

vor 10 Minuten schrieb SIRODXB11:

5. store to buy stuff without having exchanging stuff which could in turn help the devs to accumulate more money from the items bought from the store.

I actually don´t get this point. Do you want to remove the barter items-barter like 10 kinves for an MP5? Just rubel, dollar and euro´s?

Or do you want to buy thing´s In-Raid?

If that´s the case, than wait for the Open World-Map, after you accomplished the game as reward for clearing the main story. All Traders get a store in thier own area.

• Mechanic in Factory
  • Skier in Costums
  • Therapist in Streets of Tarkov
  • and so on
  • Upvote 2

Sleazums
Just now, SIRODXB11 said:

1} please add a mini map (Because remembering all the maps and extract points is humanly impossible) because the maps are too big.

4} set up Buy stations to purchase stuff ( purchase store for guns ammo and accessories without having exchanging stuff) and keep best rewards for the task completion)

This isn't Call of Duty... 

1) if you can't figure out the maps, there's plenty of help on the Tarkov Wiki. Ive been using since my first raid on the game a few months ago.

As for #4... what do you do before you load into raid?? Think of running a raid like you are about to go camping for a few days, double check you have all the things you need beforehand. 

I highly enjoy the realism to this game and enjoy how challenging (and irritating) it can be. If it was a real life scenario, there would be no random vendor just chillin and you wouldnt have a minimap up in the left corner of your vision to know where to go lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kremson
2 hours ago, SIRODXB11 said:

@Wolfsauge bro sound is not that important but the ones i mentioned are the too important for a successful game play i mean how a person gets too annoyed and angry roaming around the map without having a knowledge of where to go and how to reach  every one doesn't have a 2 monitor {like me to keep the map open in the other monitor) plus in the night raid it becomes next to impossible even to find out the way without night goggles, and the moonlight doesnt even sheds light in the map :{

Dude you are very new here so you have no idea what is important right now in this game and it for sure isnt no mini map . Sound is very important cause at the moment the first round of steam audio is garbage which they need to get resolved before Streets comes out or otherwise everyone is screwed in this 10 story buildings . Imagine your on the first floor an someone is on the roof firing but you have no idea what floor they are on cause it sounds like its right above you on the next floor when it isnt . Just like say your in the 5th floor same scenario they could be above you or below you firing . 

As for night raids either use NVGs or tweak the settings like gamma or nightvision mode on your monitor (if it has that option) or either dont play night raids til you do one of the other mentioned. 

And a mini map I doubt will ever be put in like it is mentioned before me this isnt COD , I mean whats next when someone fires a gun you want it to show a lil red dot on the map or let me guess someway somehow in this post apoc world we somehow manage to find an put UAVs in the air . Honestly from the way you talk you sound like you just came over from the COD franchise so advice is either learn the game for what it is which is nothing like COD or go back to COD . 

• Upvote 1

DarkStarMerc121
3 hours ago, SIRODXB11 said:

@HijackDallas bro i just wish and how if this game comes up with multiple spawns in less time within the same raid

3. and a server boost which could reduce the time from 20 minutes to something very less into another lobby and 

and the next patch could make life easier for players to spend time in the game. 

Love u EFT Team

First off, #4 shouldn't ever happen. You need to come into raids prepared to play. If you didn't bring NVG's into the game and you chose a night game, that isn't a faulty game mechanic.

Second, on #5, I hope when you refer to a "store" to buy stuff, you aren't talking about Real Money Transactions. That would be a huge kill to the game. Pay to play isn't beneficial. If you don't want to put in the time, and would rather purchase your gear outside of the game, I would recommend finding a different game.

• Upvote 1

Power

Sounds great

• Sad 1

DissAbledGamer
15 hours ago, TheWay said:

1. Fighting with those who are not welcome. Did a pretty good things to throw back 99.9% of cheats. The war continues - report suspicious players after match (it really helps)

I'm glad this feature was implemented because I'm sure it really shows the complexity and indepth level of cheating across all maps and not just labs.

I can only hope for some level of automation for bans in the future for blatant cheating behavior.

I've shown countless people the argument of desync and etc is never a good arguement because that was the excuse used in PUBG until I started uploading videos showing live vs replay and the live always, always, more blatant compared to replay, meaning if it looks suspicious in replay it was even worse (more obvious) in live, and I have NEVER seen an example of replay looking suspicious while live looked okay. 

You guys did an amazing thing with the radar, I hope something as innovative can be done to those cheats that use memory editing as well as any form of memory access to gain an advantage. 

DissAbledGamer
12 hours ago, SIRODXB11 said:

Dear EFT Team,

It is my pleasure being a part of the Beta Game Supporting in EFT

but really i wanted to give suggestion for the betterment of EFT so that one day it becomes the best game ever made.

5. instant reporting of someone who is hacking and good anti cheat with live HWID  ban option

Memorizing maps and extracts is impossible? I'm almost 40 and I can memorize the map and its extracts after playing a map exclusively for a day or so... If you are still getting lost it's because you play different maps without learning one specifically before moving on. You can even get a general sense of where you are based on extract information at the beginning...on the contrary to what you would think, having a minimap would actually make you dumber, kinda like trying to memorize phone numbers now with everyone using cell phones. I remember as a kid I had to memorize ALL my friends numbers... now I could barely tell you my wife's number. 

Reporting is already in the game and HWID ban is a thing... go read cheat forums like Nikita does. It's actually quite amusing to read the fecal matter they spew.

I decided to try this after one of the pod casts with Nikita and like 4 streamers, he mentioned he reads the cheating forums daily, pretty bad ass imo, and I sh** you not, it is H I L A R I O U S. From talking sh** about Nikita to cheering on their cheat developers (lol) to work around cheat updates... their forum/discord booms in activity with each random ass updates and goes dead silent after a few hours lol. It's fun seeing all the little scum roaches gather to 1 spot when their EFT switch is turned off because of an anti cheat update. Dunno,  I find humor in it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raven887

So, I am just wondering, Because we saw the raid series episode 4, We see the PMC's going to the port on shoreline, Now there was also a new Trader in that episode, will we be getting the new trader, as well as the expansion on shoreline, or will it be added later? 

HijackDallas
Posted (edited)
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Raven887:

So, I am just wondering, Because we saw the raid series episode 4, We see the PMC's going to the port on shoreline, Now there was also a new Trader in that episode, will we be getting the new trader, as well as the expansion on shoreline, or will it be added later? 

This is the map Terminal

and the Trader is ... i think... one of the not released one

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Characters

Edited by HijackDallas

Raven887
4 minutes ago, HijackDallas said:

This is the map Terminal

and the Trader is ... i think... one of the not released one

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Characters

Yeah is it though? there is no trader said to be in terminal, However there is bashkir who is the shoreline trader, So if it is the shoreline expansion would it not be likely that they will add him to it?

crimsoned

it will be "SUBURBS",

look at the overall map, SUBORBS is between Interchange and streets of tarkov.