No mags for the SKS?

gkcx2002

I'm a new player and read that the SKS is a recommended weapon for new low level players. It's immediately available from Prapor. I got lucky and found one in a Scav raid. The Scav I killed only had the mag that was installed in the rifle. Prapor sells the rifle but nobody sells the mag. Really? The SKS is useless to me with only 1 mag. 

RACWAR

It's not useless without the mag, you just have to pick your shots better.

You'll be able to buy the 20 round magazine from Peacekepper LL2, or the flea market once you're level 10.

Edited by RACWAR
davidj123456

It has an internal magazine. It can be top-loaded like the Mosin Nagant and other bolt-action weapons.
Once you unlock Peacekeeper Level 2 at Player Level 10 you will be able to buy 20-round detachable magazines for the SKS which you can top-load as well if you want to.

The reason the SKS is a good weapon for new players is because of the caliber; 7.62x39mm. The only good ammo you can buy from level 1 Traders is 7.62x39mm PS. The only weapons you can buy which fire this ammo (from Level 1 Traders) is the AKM, SKS, and Vepr KM.

• Upvote 1
DukeLander
24 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

I'm a new player and read that the SKS is a recommended weapon for new low level players. It's immediately available from Prapor. I got lucky and found one in a Scav raid. The Scav I killed only had the mag that was installed in the rifle. Prapor sells the rifle but nobody sells the mag. Really? The SKS is useless to me with only 1 mag. 

Use Vepr 136 instead. There's plenty on scavs, you have 30 rnd mags. Much better than SKS.

gkcx2002
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

It has an internal magazine. It can be top-loaded like the Mosin Nagant and other bolt-action weapons.
Once you unlock Peacekeeper Level 2 at Player Level 10 you will be able to buy 20-round detachable magazines for the SKS which you can top-load as well if you want to.

The reason the SKS is a good weapon for new players is because of the caliber; 7.62x39mm. The only good ammo you can buy from level 1 Traders is 7.62x39mm PS. The only weapons you can buy which fire this ammo (from Level 1 Traders) is the AKM, SKS, and Vepr KM.

My bad. I didn't realize it had an internal mag and was top loaded. Thanks!

12 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Use Vepr 136 instead. There's plenty on scavs, you have 30 rnd mags. Much better than SKS.

Or even 209.

With the new OP-M ammo it's devastating, don't even need 30-rounders.

GeneralBrus

I wouldnt use the sks mainly because of the low fire rate.

Once you get lag spikes, only every second mouse click will be a shot.

Only worth semi auto guns are adar and m1a.

Best starting weapon is the aks74u because it comes with a mag full of decent ammo.

Go to reserve and do some ammo runs, look for bt and bs ammo, until you can buy good ammo.