Quit making your game pay to win...

Zardozthegay

Aparrently standard accounts get a SVD, Money case and a medical case while EOD gets a Items Case, Medical Case, Money Case AND a P90... I HAVE SUPPORTED THIS GAME SINCE 2017 and have a standard account... I CAN USE THAT ITEMS CASE MORE THEN A EOD ACCOUNT with its already increased stash size.... i put in a ticket and this is the final response i get... 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depending on your edition, the gift is not the same, this is normal. You can claim the right gift as shown on the pictures.
You can leave your suggestions in a special section of the forum: forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/107-questions-and-suggestions/

Thank you for contacting us!
Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Battle state is just  admitting the games pay to win.... and they dont care about people who have been supporting they're game since 2017?.... COOL....

Edited by Zardozthegay
  • Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

As with most games, paying more for EOD in this game only means you don't have to invest as much time in order to achieve certain things compared to someone using a standard edition. The things you get are basically designed to make the time curve for leveling and farming less steep. As per usual for games that offer packages of different sizes. The other thing that's usual is the implementation of cosmetic items for people paying more, but we don't even have that in EFT.
And I've played with a standard edition myself for most of the time, the game is perfectly playable and you could might as well view it as more of a challenge to not have EOD. While challenge could be understood as, you know, the challenge of having to invest more time into the game.
So, with a standard edition you can basically get anything you have with EOD, the drawback being you might get it later and have to invest more time in order to get it. Thus, this is not considered p2w.
Or to put it differently: Having less space in your inventory contrary to EOD-owners is supposed the main psychological incentive to buy EOD.

Pay to win, however, would be giving BSG money to make your weapons hit better or make your armor stronger.

You must be new to the internet. Or maybe you're just going short, because you're still using standard edition internet, while everyone else has EOD-internet, I don't know.

Edited by 5CIENCE
  • Upvote 6

I had standard edition for 2 years before I upgraded. It's not pay to win.

It's a huge advantage and time saver, in ways that people who haven't played that long with both editions often fail to appreciate. But it's not even close to p2w, cus if it was I wouldn't be here.
I don't play games that can't be played just as well with the cheapest edition.

The things that matter are the trader rep, gamma, and not being held back from upgrading hideout cus of the massive requirements to upgrade stash size.

Who gives a f about one case, money is easy too get, and they are dirt cheap since the flee and rmt changes.

Edited by BanditMaka
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Zardozthegay said:

Aparrently standard accounts get a SVD, Money case and a medical case while EOD gets a Items Case, Medical Case, Money Case AND a P90... I HAVE SUPPORTED THIS GAME SINCE 2017 and have a standard account... I CAN USE THAT ITEMS CASE MORE THEN A EOD ACCOUNT with its already increased stash size.... i put in a ticket and this is the final response i get... 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depending on your edition, the gift is not the same, this is normal. You can claim the right gift as shown on the pictures.
You can leave your suggestions in a special section of the forum: forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/107-questions-and-suggestions/

Thank you for contacting us!
Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Battle state is just  admitting the games pay to win.... and they dont care about people who have been supporting they're game since 2017?.... COOL....

So, in your mind, BSG is admitting to Pay to Win because of the guns you get in your standard account, or the ones EOD owners get in theirs?! ( to remind you that if the player dies with the guns he will loose them in both cases ) Or is it the fact that EOD gets an items case wich grants them more space in inventory, which translates to being irrelevant on the Pay to Win argument because you don´t win pvp encounters or AI encounters for that matter with inventory space... You could buy all the inventory space and cases you want and it still wouldn´t fall under Pay to Win.

if you play since 2017 making money should be no problem.

also a money case for 2 million rubles is no problem, rmt with people buying 15 million is a problem when it comes to pay2win.

• Sad 1

This game is "Pay the least and u get f-ed so you would probably upgrade anyways"

If i knew this before i bought the base game (combined with cheaters all over), I wouldnt have bought it at all.

3 hours ago, Zardozthegay said:

I bought Standard and upgraded to EOD in the last month. I didn't get most of the fancy stuff you mentioned.

No money case or medical case in Standard. 

No Items case, Medical case, money case in EOD. You get a bigger secure case 3x3 grid instead of 2x2 in your pouch and a fully upgraded Stash in your hideout. Those are the biggest advantages.

Took me 3 weeks to get enough resources to build my lucky scav case and still don't have a money or medical case.

The extra weapons and armor might have been cool if I was an experienced player. But for a beginner, taking them out is basically donating them to a more experienced or lucky player (pretty much anyone who played the game before). I ended up selling them so they could do something useful with the money instead of having gear fear. One piece of armor alone fetched 280,000 roubles. Nice to have early on.

Edited by Antmax
  • Upvote 1

i got EoD for the fact that a huge stash is great when you've collected 117 Grach's and got closer to 300 mags for it, not to mention ammo case's that hold all my 6.3AP rounds, think i sold the guns cause i didnt want a advantage that my non EoD friend doesnt have or perhaps i dropped it for him like day 1 of wipe.

• 5 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 11:24 PM, 5CIENCE said:

As with most games, paying more for EOD in this game only means you don't have to invest as much time in order to achieve certain things compared to someone using a standard edition. The things you get are basically designed to make the time curve for leveling and farming less steep. As per usual for games that offer packages of different sizes. The other thing that's usual is the implementation of cosmetic items for people paying more, but we don't even have that in EFT.
And I've played with a standard edition myself for most of the time, the game is perfectly playable and you could might as well view it as more of a challenge to not have EOD. While challenge could be understood as, you know, the challenge of having to invest more time into the game.
So, with a standard edition you can basically get anything you have with EOD, the drawback being you might get it later and have to invest more time in order to get it. Thus, this is not considered p2w.
Or to put it differently: Having less space in your inventory contrary to EOD-owners is supposed the main psychological incentive to buy EOD.

Pay to win, however, would be giving BSG money to make your weapons hit better or make your armor stronger.

You must be new to the internet. Or maybe you're just going short, because you're still using standard edition internet, while everyone else has EOD-internet, I don't know.

Hahhaa, nice reasoning mate. Cope harder

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

it isnt pay to win its literally like every other game with a standard deluxe and ultimate edition and you can get everything the ultimate has with a standard account so idk what your problem is

• 8 months later...

Lets start with the fact that, you paid for this game, you had chosen the option to play it, if you don't like it, why did you buy it at the first place. They told you this is a serious game, you don't get tutorials, help, or all that. If you pay for it of course they will hand you more stuff, but if you think about it, having flea unlocked and knowing how to make money its easy to reach those hideout levels.

EOD is in no way shape or form pay to win. Does having EOD help you win a gunfight against 3 chads who are dripping with sweat in dorms? No? Then its not pay to win.

It sounds like the OP does not have a good grasp of what p2w means... and/or has not played any phone games. 

Like pretty much everybody has said, this game is not p2w, simple as that.  You do not gain any advantage within raids due to spending money.  You don't have higher stats from spending money.  You do not have better stat growth from spending money.   Paying for EOD just makes it so you have more to start with.  Yeah - you start with a gun, but chances are you'll lose that gun right quick through getting one tapped in the head, and then you'll be back with everyone else (and you cannot put more money in to get more... so. you. cannot. pay. to. win. - like, legitimately, you can't - there is no logical way to classify this game as a pay to win game). 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, Antmax said:

I bought Standard and upgraded to EOD in the last month. I didn't get most of the fancy stuff you mentioned.

No money case or medical case in Standard. 

No Items case, Medical case, money case in EOD. You get a bigger secure case 3x3 grid instead of 2x2 in your pouch and a fully upgraded Stash in your hideout. Those are the biggest advantages.

Took me 3 weeks to get enough resources to build my lucky scav case and still don't have a money or medical case.

The extra weapons and armor might have been cool if I was an experienced player. But for a beginner, taking them out is basically donating them to a more experienced or lucky player (pretty much anyone who played the game before). I ended up selling them so they could do something useful with the money instead of having gear fear. One piece of armor alone fetched 280,000 roubles. Nice to have early on.

he was talking about the gift that everyone got because of battlestate's birthday. He's basically complaining that he doesnt get special treatment after giving battlestate 40$ for a video game 

This game is pay to win only because of big stash size and secure container. Other Items doesn't matter

It's hard to acquire them with standard edition, I am noob so speaking as a noob for me this game is pay to win and I didn't realize how hard is to upgrade before I bought the game.

Having 9 slot secure container vs 4 slot makes a big difference. Also having a big stash size like 640 or something means you don't have to sell stuff you don't want to sell so much versus 240 slots.

It's pay to win

Edited by KarolisSG
More info
  • Sad 1

I really dont want to be a jerk about this but you JUST said your new, right?

Why are you even keeping this conversation going? Your not going to get special treatment for paying the bare minimum. Lets look at a patreon for example. If you pay more money, you get better stuff. if you pay a certain amount, you can get future stuff that others wont get. Notice how the EOD version says, it SAYS this where you can buy access to the beta, access to all future DLC. Huh, its almost as if this is saying something. Its almost as if its telling you something REALLY important. Its almost like if you pay more, you get more and if you pay less, you GET LESS. I dont know what to tell you cheif. If EFT is pay to win try to sue patreon users for false advertising and being biased in the favor of people who paid more. In buying EOD edition you are PAYING SOMEONE MORE MONEY. I really dont know how else to tell you you have no idea what pay to win is.

You want to see what pay to win is? Go play raid shadow legends or clash royale or pretty much every mobile game on the market. You dont like that you paid 40 bucks for a game thats among the best fps games since COD? Well suck it up because I dont think suggesting, and I quote, Stop making your game pay to win,  to people who put their heart and soul into the game and want to get paid for it is gonna change literally anything. Seriously, if you dont like it, you can leave. Nothing is stopping you besides a refusal to lose a battle that was over from the first reply.

Also you can say Im mad all you want, but if you think IM mad you should send one of the devs this forum thats in suggestions. You'll get banned faster than you can say Edge of Darkness

5 hours ago, KarolisSG said:

This game is pay to win only because of big stash size and secure container. Other Items doesn't matter

It's hard to acquire them with standard edition, I am noob so speaking as a noob for me this game is pay to win and I didn't realize how hard is to upgrade before I bought the game.

Having 9 slot secure container vs 4 slot makes a big difference. Also having a big stash size like 640 or something means you don't have to sell stuff you don't want to sell so much versus 240 slots.

It's pay to win

Note that was directed towards the person POSTING and not you. The picture with a letter on it had the same color so I got confused, sorry about that.

but its still not pay to win as nothing you do does more damage, its just much less of a challenge to get started than the kick starts (or lack thereof) from the other editions 

In my opinion, it's pay to win because of the following reasons.

In Tarkov, "Winning" is basically progressing more through the game. Whatever enables you to progress faster is straight up giving you a better chance of "winning" literally everything as every single fight is dependent on gear.

A person getting +0.20 trader rep is at an insane advantage. A person getting more income (more slots per container) is also an insane advantage. Having extra room so you can hoard more items until you unlock flea market is also an insane advantage.

I was of the same opinion that "EOD is not pay to win", but it changed after I understood the full benefits of it. It's obviously not as bad as some mobile games, but the p2w element is still there and it's hard to argue against that. No matter how insignificant it is, p2w is still p2w at the end of the day.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Shaktimaan:

In my opinion, it's pay to win because of the following reasons.

In Tarkov, "Winning" is basically progressing more through the game. Whatever enables you to progress faster is straight up giving you a better chance of "winning" literally everything as every single fight is dependent on gear.

A person getting +0.20 trader rep is at an insane advantage. A person getting more income (more slots per container) is also an insane advantage. Having extra room so you can hoard more items until you unlock flea market is also an insane advantage.

I was of the same opinion that "EOD is not pay to win", but it changed after I understood the full benefits of it. It's obviously not as bad as some mobile games, but the p2w element is still there and it's hard to argue against that. No matter how insignificant it is, p2w is still p2w at the end of the day.

its less p2w than it is "p2-not-be-such-a-pain-in-the-arse".
I had a standard account first too, and stash size/secure container size were/are a joke, but its still manageable. The highest I got in this game gear/level-wise was with a standard account. Basically got EoD because of laziness with having to level up the stash etc. because of all the frequent wipes people for some reason keep begging for rather than just resetting their accounts. Well that and a secure container that actually holds stuff... Nothing else though.

OP's post to me just reads like a spoiled kid complaining he's not getting preferential treatment and throwing p2w around. I mean EoD is ridiculously expensive, no doubt,  but it doesn't exactly make the game easier or anything, just more convenient.

Edited by ar4wn05
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, ar4wn05 said:

its less p2w than it is "p2-not-be-such-a-pain-in-the-arse".

At this point Ill say it is slightly "pay-to-win" but its more like "pay-to-afford-to-be-lazy-and-have-to-do-less"

vor 17 Stunden schrieb We_Sell_Food:

At this point Ill say it is slightly "pay-to-win" but its more like "pay-to-afford-to-be-lazy-and-have-to-do-less"

meh, close enough I guess. 

The only advantage you get is a bigger container\stash off the bat, there is no "pay-to-win" here, no matter what edition you play, you wont get a skill or gear advantage.

A standard and EOD account can equally level at the same rate depending on how well they do.

Also I didnt get any cases ever. I had to barter and buy them.

Edited by aceprojectx