Isn't this a bit ridiculous?

Delicious_Tea

Delicious_Tea

I want to begin with that I am not here to talk bad about Dr. Lupo, but when I got home tonight and checked the twitter feed, I saw this:

All in all I thought most of his kills at the start were fine. Heck, he even takes a bullet to the head it appears and lives. But I have a major issue with the fact that he can jump out of a second or third-story window, break his bones, and then immediately sprint around and up the stairs, jump and maneuver and kill 2-3 other people all in the span of under 10-15 seconds. If anything, this is just more weight to how painkillers need to be revisited and remedied. At no point did that seem tactical within any scope of realism. I know that the realism part is pretty much non-existent now, but this move would make me cringe even in CoD.

Does this not bother anyone else?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
StudTrunkMonkey

It would be to easy to just Like or agree, from the argument of realism this is (REDONKULOUS=Donkey size DICULOUS)

However the game play is definitely  high IQ from a player using what the game gives him, pain meds that allow you to disregard

shattered legs, bullet holes in your head, etc etc.....

• Upvote 1
traumacode

They need to add bath salts to the game in order for this to be considered "realism".  Opioids won't allow you to do this.  Ketamine may..but then you wouldn't care enough to go on a murder spree.

• Like 2
Delicious_Tea
45 minutes ago, StudTrunkMonkey said:

It would be to easy to just Like or agree, from the argument of realism this is (REDONKULOUS=Donkey size DICULOUS)

However the game play is definitely  high IQ from a player using what the game gives him, pain meds that allow you to disregard

shattered legs, bullet holes in your head, etc etc.....

I won't dispute that he played well within the system, but my main point is that the system needs to be revamped to have this problem and style of gameplay remedied. 

Edited by Delicious_Tea
Late at night and making basic grammar mistakes.
  • Like 2
WarTraveller

Yep, I believe it is stupid breaks the immersion, but it is difficult to discuss constructively. Most such "discussions" quickly devolve into a shitfest when the more .... passionate members of the community arrive. Inb4 "realism =/= fun! So you say you want to spend 6 months in a hospital after you get shot and delete your account after you die??!?.

• Hot 1
chrisragnar

Yeah I agree painkillers should be changed, not for realism but because they trivialises limb damage gameplay.

Off the top of my head.

Oral pills should be slow to work, limited effect for medium duration. Used preemptive, but won't let you sprint with broken legs etc. Negative effect over time, long recovery. Cheap.

Injectors should be powerfull and fast working but with short duration. Will let you make a powermove even if badly wounded with alot of audio ques. Quick onset of negative effects. Limit on how many you can use per raid. Expensive.

Powerfull drugs should block surgery untill negative effect wears off.

Edited by chrisragnar
GhostZ69

OMG next three ng you ask for will be for bullets to actually hurt.  This game is MADE for exactly what you see.  Great highlight reels.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That is as "Realistic as playable were I mean, as Realistic as Highlight Reelable."

chrisragnar
59 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

OMG next three ng you ask for will be for bullets to actually hurt.  This game is MADE for exactly what you see.  Great highlight reels.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That is as "Realistic as playable were I mean, as Realistic as Highlight Reelable."

Drama queen

GhostZ69
42 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Drama queen

Because I speak the truth?  Do you REALLY think that highlight reel is as "realistic as playable?"  Just curious.

S5_Mr_Wiggle

if both legs are fractued you got to crawl everywhere

if one leg is fractured you are forced walking pace

all  pain drugs should do is get rid of sight effects or tremmors unless your arm is broke and you are using a two handed weapon. if both arms are broke you shoudnt even be able to have a weapon out.

my fixes any way.

its jsut seems that streamer is radar user, or some kind of that. 

its so funny how many people think streamers not cheating.
its so embarrising that they always know when someone is aroudn the corner or when is the exact moment to pop in to safe the day. its so hilarious. and its sad. but thats the only way people looking there stuff, if they would always loose noone would look the streams. 

so yeah. Most streamers are cheaters maybe.

• Upvote 1
Laurens210

I do not agree with you @Delicious_Tea. This game is not and should not be a game that is fully realistic. It should be as realistic as PLAYABLE. Wich means it is still a game, but some features in realism can be added as long as it is good for the future of tarkov.

When on drugs (painkillers in game) you should be able to endure pain otherwise you would not be able too do anything anymore in this game when ever you get hit by bullets or need too manouvre and think out of the box like lupo did. It is still a game not real life.

CandyWrapper
22 hours ago, Delicious_Tea said:

...he can jump out of a second or third-story window, break his bones, and then immediately sprint around and up the stairs, jump and maneuver and kill 2-3 other people all in the span of under 10-15 seconds.

I didn't see him fracture his legs when jumping out of the window.

Aside from that, I agree. We can't talk about realism here. I personally don't enjoy this kind of OP performances but it's some people's bread and butter.

DukeLander

High IQ players...

Nop, they just know every millimeter of map, how enemy's can approach, sounds, timings, spawn's etc...

After more thousands of hours in game most of players are high IQ.

I knew old Customs so well, I could run through and loot everything without single bullet shot avoiding every pmc and npc on map.

It's not so hard...

Delicious_Tea

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm on Japan time and just got home from work.

17 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Yeah I agree painkillers should be changed, not for realism but because they trivialises limb damage gameplay.

Off the top of my head.

Oral pills should be slow to work, limited effect for medium duration. Used preemptive, but won't let you sprint with broken legs etc. Negative effect over time, long recovery. Cheap.

Injectors should be powerfull and fast working but with short duration. Will let you make a powermove even if badly wounded with alot of audio ques. Quick onset of negative effects. Limit on how many you can use per raid. Expensive.

Powerfull drugs should block surgery untill negative effect wears off.

I think this is actually the closest thing to workable with the two polar sides to this debate. Whereas down below Mr. Wiggle mentions crawling and being unable to hold a weapon is realistic (and I personally wouldn't be opposed to it if the body damage system was made to match such a system), I do know that the vast majority of players who equate the more arcade-y moves with more fun will never go for it.

I don't think pills should give anywhere near the effect that they do. Especially since the pills are things like ibuprofen.

11 hours ago, S5_Mr_Wiggle said:

if both legs are fractued you got to crawl everywhere

if one leg is fractured you are forced walking pace

all  pain drugs should do is get rid of sight effects or tremmors unless your arm is broke and you are using a two handed weapon. if both arms are broke you shoudnt even be able to have a weapon out.

my fixes any way.

As I said in my reply to Chris, I don't think you can get a big enough number of the community behind this for them to do it.

2 hours ago, Laurens210 said:

I do not agree with you @Delicious_Tea. This game is not and should not be a game that is fully realistic. It should be as realistic as PLAYABLE. Wich means it is still a game, but some features in realism can be added as long as it is good for the future of tarkov.

When on drugs (painkillers in game) you should be able to endure pain otherwise you would not be able too do anything anymore in this game when ever you get hit by bullets or need too manouvre and think out of the box like lupo did. It is still a game not real life.

I never said the game should be as realistic as possible, I was saying that the video stretched even what the limits of unrealistic game play should be. Enduring pain and being at fully functional combat performance despite wounds and injuries are two different things entirely.

Edited by Delicious_Tea
BanditMaka

When I first started playing Tark, I'd just come from Arma, and this was my biggest gripe with the game back then. It was even worse as well.
People jumping off the rafters in factory to land behind people on the floor like it's nothing. Insta med, no animations.

Fall damage is still way too forgiving. If you fall off resort with 40kg you should probably be dead, right now it's two black legs and as long you pop pains first who cares.

They always said they weren't gonna go that far with the med system in this game, So I'd be ok with just a big increase in fall damage, related to the weight.

Delicious_Tea
14 minutes ago, BanditMaka said:

When I first started playing Tark, I'd just come from Arma, and this was my biggest gripe with the game back then. It was even worse as well.
People jumping off the rafters in factory to land behind people on the floor like it's nothing. Insta med, no animations.

Fall damage is still way too forgiving. If you fall off resort with 40kg you should probably be dead, right now it's two black legs and as long you pop pains first who cares.

They always said they weren't gonna go that far with the med system in this game, So I'd be ok with just a big increase in fall damage, related to the weight.

Yeah I remember seeing the video of the guy dropping onto another person's head and just hovering there laughing before he shot him. That doesn't really mesh with as realistic as playable personally, heh.

BanditMaka
30 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

@BanditMaka I doubt if it's even possible to die from a 4 story drop (irl).

It's definitely possible. Just depends how you fall.
But now you got 2 guns and backpack full of rubbish.

Delicious_Tea
4 hours ago, CandyWrapper said:

I didn't see him fracture his legs when jumping out of the window.

Aside from that, I agree. We can't talk about realism here. I personally don't enjoy this kind of OP performances but it's some people's bread and butter.

I finally went back and watched again.. you're right.. he had two injured legs, but I guess with the video it was a bit blurry from buffering. Doh. But yeah, point still stands.

Arma 2 dayz mod had it pretty down pat, you break your legs you had to crawl. And even when you healed you were slow for a while, this game is full on CoD but that's because that's what the streamers want.

its sad streamers want COD arcade gameplay, were the true tarkov is scavening and surviving and struggling to get supplies and stuff instead of bein a cod maniacs killing 10 people on the map.

bad game design decisions were made, but the normie people wanted it that way. and the stuff tarkov was unique about is now like every other bullshit game, congratz bsg youve made it from hero to zero. 

good luck with your strategy. some day noone will be left here becasue the normies will switch game after some years.

Edited by Speznat
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
StudTrunkMonkey

I

If they decide putting Bees in the bushes where i spend much of my time as a Bush Wookie i hope they offer a stim that allows me to pretend an entire hornets nest doesn't  hurt me

🙂