tobiassolem

WRITTEN GAME GUIDE COMPETITION

tobiassolem

bild.png

Greetings fellow escapers! We have a writing competition for you.

To participate you need to write a game guide or tutorial here in this section on the forum, you will then need to link to that post in a reply in this thread (this is how you participate). The guide/tutorial must be original material made by you, and it has to aid new players or veteran players of the game. It is allowed to use pictures/graphics from within the game  or your own to make the guide look spiffy!

The competition will be judged based on the following criteria:

• Quality of writing
  • Helpfulness to the players and the community
  • Originality

The writing competition starts Monday 2020-08-31 and ends by Monday 2020-09-24 (23:59 CEST) -  your submissions have to be posted in this forum section. Please note that we accept written guides/tutorials posted on or after the start date in this forum section only.

Prizes:

1. First prize winner will receive a prepare for escape edition of Escape From Tarkov as well as the Tarkov-novels

2. Second prize winner will receive a standard edition of Escape From Tarkov as well as a Tarkov-novel

3. Third prize winner will get two trial keys to Escape From Tarkov as well as a Tarkov-novel

Winners are selected by most positive reactions from the community!
Side-note: We accept guides/tutorials to enter in written English only.

TRANSLATIONS:

• Spanish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @NoisyCosmos
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary @ZioEnzo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

TombInnit

Dont Die,

• Like 6
  • Hot 1

Majlo

Created 4 days ago FeelsBadMan

• Upvote 1

RVPTURE

Don't be loud.

willikoski

Don't die, be patient, dont be a wuss

davidg115

Just click on their heads

• Thanks 1

Worldwaker

Does this contest allow for co-authored submissions, or does it require a single author?

Hustleharder

How to effectively beat Escape From Tarkov, in 6 easy steps.

1. Do the quests until level 15-20, feel free to keep going if it's your first wipe.

2. Save up ~6 million roubles.

3. Buy a Red Rebel Ice Pick. Buy RB-VO and RB-BK.

4. Run Reserve until you're good at killing raiders. Check to see that marked room is already looted every raid.

5. Use Reserve money to do an occasional quest when you're sick of farming raiders. (You probably won't make it to Kappa)

6. Play labs, realize the hacking is out of control in this game, and get angry.

BOOM! You've just beaten Escape From Tarkov. Hope this guide helped!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

mnm69

DONT GET HEAD EYES

_Dodger

i would love to write a "game survival guide' but im not sure i can write a proper one at this point, there are just too many game mechanics that need fixing and i would love to be able to write a "tactical survival guide" to EFT,....but unfortunately Tactics in the classic sense don't exist right now,...and i Will Not make a guide on how best to "strafe ADAD" ....or "How to excel at "Meta mechanics" for the players using such things. Me writing a survival guide would be almost condescending at this point since i would love to write a survival guide from a Soldiers perspective,....and NOT a "Gamers". I will wait patiently.

Agent_Raptor

guide to playing tarkov,

write your own guide and stop being cheep 

rainlyte_eft_12

My submission to this competition: Total Beginner's Guide to Escape from Tarkov, an original 54-page PDF written by me, with full spectrum coverage of all the fundamentals of the game, linked table of contents for quick navigation, and a dark theme layout so you can read it with the lights out. One of the most searched for EFT guides on all of google!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11

Alt-air2882

I am not qualified for this guide. But, as an avid writer. I'll give it a shot.

Welcome to Tarkov. These few words being my only and greatest frustration over the past almost half a year of my adventure. After 700+ hours you would think that you would be truly welcomed to Tarkov. Yet, you aren't welcome here. You never were, you are an unwanted guest. From the first time you hear a disgruntled Russian in a racing jacket yell at you, you can tell. That Tarkov isn't welcoming at all. I remember buying this game after watching some youtuber struggling to survive. Running around a grey wasteland (later discovered to be customs) all to eventually die. And be greeted with a black screen, and a red bar informing you that you most definitely failed. I bought a standard edition, and ran into woods with an interested friend watching through my stream. I remember fumbling around in the dark with a pistol, not knowing how to switch to a brighter time of day. And then having a Scav sneak up on me. Being a newer player, and bad at FPS games in general. I panic fired, and by some stroke of luck, a scream in the dark rang out. That one stroke of Tarkov greatness attracted me to this mess of a beautiful game. If any guide to Tarkov can be made. Just remember one thing. You don't just get your welcome here, you earn it. 

KaelTheInvoker

Tip №1 - Try to survive. 

spronkets

The_Redacted

LenzOA

dont play labs or you will get head/eyes by someone with a 70+  kd ratio.

Eimer_voll_Hass

Don't write any Guides cause drunk Nilita will change stuff on his Laptop without letting us know anyways...would be obsolete within a week.

DanExert

Damn, how are we supposed to beat @rainlyte_eft_12- incredible work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AicenFeir

I wrote a rhyming thing

Enjoy

• Upvote 1

NoireGK

This is my first attempt to write the guide.

• Upvote 2

Eggplantprawn

Here is what I believe is a good starter guide.

1. You die a lot, don't expect to automatically be good at this game. It has a tough learning curve.

2. Be smart you aren't Superman! Choose your fights wisely. I would advise you sit down and watch Youtubers play. You can learn a lot from them, How they push, How they clear, How they fight. All tactics that can benefit you in the long run.

3. Know the map. When I first played Tarkov I had no clue what or where I was doing. The key is Offline Mode, it allows you to spawn into a raid with just Scavs or even no Scavs. Even if you die in this mode you keep all your loot. But any loot you picked up in the raid does not come out with you, nor does XP.

4. Keys. Keys are a great way for you to earn loot without actually fighting players. I would check out some of Pestilys key guides or any Youtuber you watches key guides. These rooms have High-tier loot that can make you a solid flow of cash.

5. Ammo. Most new players don't know that ammo can make a drastic difference in a fire fight. Look up ammo guides to see which ammo can Penetrate Amour or has good flesh damage.

6. Amour. I've been seeing lots of new players doing this, they buy good amour or decent amour that's has almost no amour points. This is bad even if a slick is at 8/8 health it wont stop much. It would be way better to get class 4 amour that's full or almost full health.

7. Gear Fear. I know personally from this, its not fun. Part of Tarkov is dying, having gear just sitting in your inventory with no use is just untapped potential! Think about it, every time you die with gear by someone is better with you, you are able to learn from this experience. Whenever I die by someone using a spot I never knew about I say to myself "Hey i'll make sure to check that spot next time". Also maybe you can make a play and gain even more loot.

8. Quests/Traders. Traders and Quests are your best friends. Quests give you new weapons, ammo, gear, money, and allow you to buy new items from certain traders. Traders can also give you cheaper prices than the Flea Market, or even items that aren't on the Flea Market.

9. Hideout. Leveling up your hideout can help you in the long run greatly. If you get your hideout high enough you can get a shooting range to practice with recoil, a bitcoin farm for easy money, a Scav box where Scavs go out and get loot for you! Also, the hideout is even more useful you are able to craft items in the hideout for your pesky quests that require you to find a item that you just cant find!.

10. Scav Raids. This is hands down one of the best ways to get loot for new players. Every 15 minutes or so you have the option to load into a raid that's halfway done as a Scav with a randomized loadout, also normal scav AI wont even shoot at you unless you shoot at a fellow Scav. This allows you to get loot without losing any hard earned gear.

11. Scav/Raider AI. Scavs can be one of the toughest enemies for new players. If a Scav detects you and you cant fight it run. No shame in it for new players. Though if the Scav looses eyesight of you, you can easily reposition and shoot it. If you die to a Scav you die to it. Veteran players can still die from them too. Raider AI, are Scavs but 10x more deadly these Scavs have endgame tier loot and pack a punch. I would advise you be extremely careful around these targets. They have aimbot like abilities, have a good supple of nades, and they love to push. I would suggest to have some of your friends help you with this tough foe.

I hope you learned something new that can help you on your Tarkov experience.

• Like 1

Rockham

• Like 1

darkstar1689

• Like 1