Sign in to follow this  
Rainlyte

Total Beginner's Guide to Escape from Tarkov

Rainlyte

New to Tarkov or have yet another friend joining this wonderful game that you don't want to explain every little mechanic to for the 100th time?

This guide is for you!

This is an original total beginner's guide written by me featuring:

• Compiled into a neat, well spaced and easy to read 54-page PDF
  • Linked table of contents for quick navigation to each topic
  • Dark theme for easy reading with the lights out
  • Full spectrum coverage with fundamental info on pre-purchase to raiding to trading and everything in between
  • Most searched for "eft guide" on all of google (you can google it right now!)

Here is a direct link to the PDF, and if you're looking for confirmation that it's legit first, you can check out this reddit post for upvotes and testimonials (memey or otherwise) in the comments.

I'm planning a large update soon to cover FIR market changes and a couple of LL1 availability changes, but >99% of the guide is still completely up to date and serves the purpose of getting new players acquainted with how to play Tarkov properly, reducing frustration and increasing retention so everyone can enjoy this awesome game.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there, operator!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

SirMcBeardsly

This guide is the best written guide I've seen for this game. It's cut, clean, and easy to navigate. I also love the fact it's updated with every change. I forward it to all new players I come by that are still learning the ropes. 100% recommend.

Keenhydra

This is the first guide I read for this game as recommended by someone from the subreddit. 

It's easy to understand and explains the fundamentals of the game very well. It really gave me a better understanding of the game when I first jumped in, still having to learn the ropes but knowing what to look out for and how to navigate. 

Great guide! 

Shin_Bet

This is the guide I used before I started, and it has been incredibly helpful. It is easy to digest, is helpful without being patronizing or hand-holding, and guides you to more resources to improve. Since finding that guide, everybody on the discord has been super friendly and helpful, always willing to play and guide me through raids. Best guide on the web for sure

LockoutBloody
Posted (edited)

This is where my Tarkov journey began. This guide was very easy to understand and has tons useful information. It gave me plenty of direction and an understanding of how to get going in Tarkov!

Edited by LockoutBloody
Mispelled

Shaws_Ghoti

I may be biased as a mod for Rainlyte's Twitch channel, but I think it also gives me a little deeper insight into what makes this guide so special.  Yes, it gives new players a very nice introduction to the game by providing them with information as they need it. Yes, it gets updated periodically. Yes, it links to a fantastic Discord community.  It also has a ton of thought put into little details such as being a Dark Mode pdf so that you can use it during night raids without blinding yourself, text in alternate colors that are easily visible and which separate information in intuitive ways, and a table of contents with clickable links so that you can quickly review sections as needed. Rainlyte created something really unique and miles ahead of anything else around.

sanjosharks39

I consider Rainlyte a good friend and streaming buddy, I've known him quite a while now on Twitch. Back when I first got BACK into EFT, I needed this guide so very badly. Even as I moved into "intermediate" status, it helped keep me grounded at times last wipe. I don't need it so much now that this is my third or 4th wipe, but I got permission to share it with my own chat and people have loved it.

He also runs these "SquadNyte" nights several nights a week, and even outside of those times you can usually find squads on peak hours for NA/EU. The environment over in his discord is EXTREMELY friendly for beginners all the way up to superchads. We all love helping newbies with their tasks and other stuff like that when we raid together.

Overall this guide (and his discord) has been immensely helpful for tons of players and I hope it gets to help more and more people!

Brandoner

Just OMG 11/10

SL4Y3R8196

Only guide I used when I first started the game!

Sign in to follow this  

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2