Three local servers, three wildly different pings...

Delicious_Tea

Delicious_Tea

This is my server list as of right this moment on Tuesday night at almost 11 pm. I don't care about Seoul, Hong Kong, or Singapore. I live very near to Tokyo. Notice those pings? That is completely unacceptable. That's with nothing else running or using any bandwidth. The connection issues have become so terrible recently I began to check my speed and ping the Tarkov servers as well everyday before playing. My normal Tokyo ping is 12, but as of the last few weeks especially on the weekends I just can't play at prime time. I can at least understand that on the weekends as it's a time when a good number of people are off and trying to play. But now it's creeping into late night weekdays and the ping is not just high, it's really high!

Look at these two picture taken within 10 seconds of each other. First, why are there three Tokyo servers all with such horrible variations? Are they truly in Tokyo or are they just named that? Secondly, Tokyo-02 is not even select-able as an option where as 03 is. I understand to a degree wanting to limit players from playing outside of their areas. I think it's rather cruddy to not allow friends and family play overseas, but at least I understand that. But when the local server right near my house is pinging so high that I'm getting bad connection disconnects, there's a major issue here.

Can someone please look into the situation with our servers in the Asia region to let us know why such a disparity on the connection list?

image.thumb.png.cfde28f9d9850a3b33f3eea0c77c6047.png

This is within the following 10 seconds:

image.thumb.png.246748b61ae79ed7e1e35e7cf4272901.png

gggg

Delicious_Tea

Bumping this and showing updates for tonight on Wednesday night at around 10:20 pm.
image.thumb.png.3d9e2e1fb80e8d5be7b106b426874a05.png

And again within 10s here is the update:

image.thumb.png.8de5e35b994eb35376c5a806e7fbb304.png

Why are three servers all located in Tokyo showing such huge discrepancies? Not to mention that the ping  at the lowest (93) is about 80 ms higher than what used to be average. Again, not concerned with the other locations. I'm very concerned with the three identical city locations having variations of up to 400 ms or more between them.

South America was able to get enough attention to add servers for the lack of. Can we get some attention to the Asia server to see what is going on with the connection quality recently?

Delicious_Tea

Third update for the third night in a row. Notice something different?
image.thumb.png.a6a40d450bfee7cbe49d7fc90824aa01.png

Tokyo-02 has completely disappeared, but the pings are still high... Here is within 10 seconds later:

image.thumb.png.0a28eecfc7e2e65524dcb5efaeb45adb.png

This is about after waiting for 2 minutes to see what the lowest it could get to was:

image.thumb.png.2930d792647cce38423d37bfc2258068.png

@tobiassolem Is there any way you could forward this onto the Devs to see what's going on with these servers?

PIG-Mathieu

Would it be possible to have POV of other players from Tokyo or near it?

We will use this thread as main reference about this problem and merge other threads about this problem with this one to gather all the data within one place.

Delicious_Tea

@PIG-Mathieu

Thanks for your reply.

I posted a message on twitter asking all players to do it, but I have no idea how many of them check the English-speaking forums.

As a frame of reference, this is how drastic the servers change at 1:30am.
image.thumb.png.3ecb771097d17c9095018c08657b3cc6.png

Edited by Delicious_Tea
Appended updated image.
Delicious_Tea

This is today on Saturday night around 10:45pm.

image.thumb.png.a92ac1b93e536e9665dd5f39232d5517.png

Here is 10 seconds later:

image.thumb.png.6b3d2c6616289c5a4e73baef74b8eaf8.png

Because I'm stupid, I tried to play two different games, one scav and one PMC. The scav run my ping actually stayed under 120 the entire time. I found a video card, started making my way, hear footsteps, instantly disconnected. Upon reconnect, Server Connection Lost. But the ping never spiked or stayed consistently over the ping limit.

PMC run after that had the same issue. Right within the first 3-4 minutes of spawning, no spikes above the ping limit, instantly disconnected due to bad ping, instantly killed by a headshot.

I do notice that both of these happened and I don't get to see the player's name or any information on how I died almost immediately after both disconnects. 

Again, I live right near Tokyo and cannot play on my own local server. Can something please be looked into here? The cheating is bad enough, but the fact that I can't even get on to be killed by a hacker is even more annoying and doesn't allow me to play a game I purchased.

Delicious_Tea

Okay, here's an update.

image.thumb.png.fbc3d36932fa731eacfad04c9f12e956.png

Tokyo server #02 and #03 are now gone. Also this is the LOWEST my ping would show for the last few minutes. So now there are less options, higher overall pings. And two servers that are in countries quite a bit farther than the one near my house pinging almost the same as the local server.

I am also experiencing these issues on US Midwest servers havent been able to play for almost 4 days 😭 mine jump and disconnect doesnt matter how close or far from servers i am they all randomly timeout/disconnect  

Delicious_Tea

@KimiFelipe If you can post screenshots or videos of your connection status during especially congested times, that would help. Or any especially strange connection problems. For example, when it's the middle of the day here is my ping list:

image.thumb.png.d7cde34f6a336b224afc08c9cd077cb9.png

As you can see there's no issue. However, last night at 9 pm I experienced this craziness:

The ping was definitely higher than it should have been (the server list showed 75) and then after the drop the ping on the server skyrocketed to a much higher ping upon reconnect. I wasn't even able to join the game again and lost my gear. 

It seems like there are two problems ocurring:

1) The server numbers are inadequate to hold the load during peak time and are making unable to even get into a game at times

and

2) When the server ping shows at least adequate pings the servers occasionally will have insane prolonged ping spikes.

If you're having anything like these issues or any connection issues at all, please post them here. Today I have Seoul and Tokyo checked. I've added Seoul back after the other Tokyo servers were removed mysteriously last week.

KimiFelipe

I played from 18:30 to 0:00 yesterday. I ran 12 raids, but I was connected to the Tokyo server only once. This is a screenshot at that time. "At least" at that time there was no problem(Around 19:00).IMG_1930.thumb.jpg.a7fbd741330ebe103b4106457d5e4579.jpg

I choose Tokyo, Seoul and Hong Kong. Tokyo has the lowest RTT, but if you select only the Tokyo server, you will have a lot of matching time. I hate this so I'm choosing other servers as well. In this case, you will rarely be connected to the Tokyo server during peak hours. I think this means that the Tokyo server is most crowded(Or it's broken...)

I watched your video. I saw the "High packet loss" error for the first time. I think you need to check how much packet loss you actually have. You can check the RTT and Packet loss values by entering fps 1 from the console. Then play on another server (such as Seoul).  Check if the same problem occurs on the Seoul server. If there is no high RTT and packet loss in Seoul, I think there is a problem with the Tokyo server.

Delicious_Tea

That was actually my first packet loss error. I usually get the latency error. I usually do run FPS 1 or FPS 2, but with how bad it's been recently I just accept that I'll be disconnected more often than not. I will have to reconnect and then run to an exit, which I'm usually able to do if I'm not killed. But yeah, this was the first packet loss error. I've been doing traces, called my ISP, everything.

GoldenLechon92

image.png.174d3237775db6668716a5119948ed80.png

An update yesterday made my ping high as shown above, picture below shows my ping prior to those updates

image.png.ee42c490c10c1d8879fad3f5953d2736.png

I did try singapore server but ended up being kicked due to having 190+ ping in game, which is not reflected in the server list, tried using vpn and got stuck in awaiting server session for 10mins, if you count the loading time it was about 15mins, the update last night did something which caused the high ping

Delicious_Tea

How can you see all of those servers? Because of EU copy?

Also, I like how in your screenshots Tokyo-02 magically disappears too. I would really like to know if there actually is a Tokyo-02 and 03 or if it's some sort of visual error.

Delicious_Tea

I would just like to bump this. I'm still having the issues, but have refrained from posting screenshot after screenshot. Hoping others will report on here as well.

Delicious_Tea
On 9/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, Sleepyyy said:

That's sad to hear, but I have to agree that ping limits came in for good reasons. 

Allowing high ping players to roam any server makes it hard for BSG to identify if a certain server is having problems, if its just players lagging all over the place or a potential cheater. Its also not a good experience for other players who are playing with lower pings.

Right now players on the Tokyo server that live in or around Tokyo cannot play because the "ping limits" that everyone sings praise about don't do anything about all the players coming in from China on VPNs making our own local server ping over 200 at times. Please tell me how not being able to play on our own local server because the ping limit blocks such high ping users is a good thing. 

image.thumb.png.1e118a8529d308dddc00ab476eb2819d.png

The ping block system doesn't actually limit the players it targets because if it did, then those players hopping across regions causing all the congestion and crazy server pings would not be here day in and day out.

There needs to be another solution to this as I refuse to play any PMC runs for 4-5 hours every night due to this.

1 hour ago, Delicious_Tea said:

Right now players on the Tokyo server that live in or around Tokyo cannot play because the "ping limits" that everyone sings praise about don't do anything about all the players coming in from China on VPNs making our own local server ping over 200 at times. Please tell me how not being able to play on our own local server because the ping limit blocks such high ping users is a good thing. 

image.thumb.png.1e118a8529d308dddc00ab476eb2819d.png

The ping block system doesn't actually limit the players it targets because if it did, then those players hopping across regions causing all the congestion and crazy server pings would not be here day in and day out.

There needs to be another solution to this as I refuse to play any PMC runs for 4-5 hours every night due to this.

I've literally just asked about users from Asia how their ping is and if the servers are good and I've received this.

82505d54-5975-4bd3-90e7-1f4d2a5a375b.jpg.0215b9228e19eb520c1442b20e884bba.jpg

As you can see the servers look fine, its likely a problem with your ISP? Do you have a  stable internet connection? Are you playing with wifi?

I need more intel on this, you mentioned "everyone" who are the others? Because I only see your complaint for now. 

Delicious_Tea
1 hour ago, Sleepyyy said:

I've literally just asked about users from Asia how their ping is and if the servers are good and I've received this.

82505d54-5975-4bd3-90e7-1f4d2a5a375b.jpg.0215b9228e19eb520c1442b20e884bba.jpg

As you can see the servers look fine, its likely a problem with your ISP? Do you have a  stable internet connection? Are you playing with wifi?

I need more intel on this, you mentioned "everyone" who are the others? Because I only see your complaint for now. 

As it's been mentioned in this thread: (with Dev reply)

You asked users and provided results at 1:45 am JP time which is not peak usage time.

As I posted before in that other thread, late at night the server congestion dies. Here is my pings as of 10 seconds ago:

image.thumb.png.66b0a6eb63a42781b76761a2f1aee7ef.png

If we're going to consider a non-prime time non-congested time to be ideal for checking server pings I'm a bit concerned. Most of us would like to play during prime time when said posted problem is an issue. I did say everyone and there are 2-3 users in the other thread. As well as 1-2 other threads that were locked by Devs and asked to redirect to the thread I linked. Unfortunately, even after requesting on twitter for Japanese players to post results it can't get any more posts. I stopped spamming it with screenshots from only mine, however if this helps with my ISP, here is a screenshot from two different Tokyo servers.

image.thumb.png.a67a2d5dea6a8ecdd3ff1c5067ae70a6.png

Ping, DL, UL for the first three. Pinging Tokyo servers with a 10 or other services such as streaming/other games but getting a 200-300 in Tarkov is quite annoying. Not to mention two other Tokyo servers being listed off and on that you can see in the other thread that have since disappeared.

Hello :)

I am MadKnight Emissary from South Korea. 

Since the main server i am using is Tokyo & Seoul i can testify i have no problem with connection issue even during the prime times. 
There were no abnormal kicks from the server due to ping issue for me. I also asked a Japanese streamer if he had an issue with connection to Tokyo in three weeks. Which he replied that he had no problem. 

So based on my experience and what i hear i do not have proof to support you. 

Maybe it is a good idea for you to ask your Emissary Giraffy for support in gathering more data. 

But first i suggest that if you are experiencing same connection issue with other games during prime time and also call your ISP just to be sure. 

If you let me know what is the time you consider prime time i can gather few data on pings from users in my country. 

Thank you 

• Upvote 1
Delicious_Tea
20 hours ago, MadKnight_ said:

Hello :)

I am MadKnight Emissary from South Korea. 

Since the main server i am using is Tokyo & Seoul i can testify i have no problem with connection issue even during the prime times. 
There were no abnormal kicks from the server due to ping issue for me. I also asked a Japanese streamer if he had an issue with connection to Tokyo in three weeks. Which he replied that he had no problem. 

So based on my experience and what i hear i do not have proof to support you. 

Maybe it is a good idea for you to ask your Emissary Giraffy for support in gathering more data. 

But first i suggest that if you are experiencing same connection issue with other games during prime time and also call your ISP just to be sure. 

If you let me know what is the time you consider prime time i can gather few data on pings from users in my country. 

Thank you 

I get home from work on weeknights around 9:45 pm and it's already bad. When it's on the weekends it usually starts around 7 or 8pm and just becomes unplayable. During the day and midday it's okay. There is definitely an issue with the majority of Japanese players on IPv4 ISPs becoming so bottlenecked trying to use most internet services. That is definitely something that could affect this. However, when that happens it's not just Tarkov but any service or game. Even speedtest will show a horrible slow down. IPv6 ISPs are fine and don't have that type of bottlenecking though.

In any case, my issue is when all other services are fine and my connection itself is stable, however Tarkov is still pinging quite high. The video that I posted above is one said time and was the first time I actually got a packet loss error. On any regular day during prime time (7pm - 12am) I get at least two or three disconnects for latency and I will only play scav during that time which severely limits playtime. However, after this time the servers drop almost instantaneously back down to their pre-prime time lows. I either get a 10-15 ms ping to the Tokyo server or a 130-200 ping. And that's just from the server list before loading the game. In the game, I've had the server list show under 50 ms and then load into a game with a 250-300 ms ping. 

I'm not sure that these are all the same problem, but it definitely seems that the Tokyo server cluster is heavily overpopulated during the prime time slot.

KimiFelipe

@Delicious_Tea @PIG-Mathieu @Sleepyyy @MadKnight_

Last night I connected to the Tokyo server and encountered another problem so I'll share the information. I first encountered "High packet loss". Occurred 3 times in one raid. Please watch the video below.

https://youtu.be/E7nD4XsvMaw?t=904

Ping is perfectly fine on the game screen. Also, the Packet loss counter is 0. This error is puzzling.

After the raid, I pinged the connected server. There have been several timeouts. You can see that the packet loss is 25-50. Since then I have connected to Seoul and Hong Kong and these servers are perfectly fine.cmd.thumb.png.34ed9c43902d1a1fce36465353a61e2d.png

On 9/25/2020 at 3:16 AM, MadKnight_ said:

I don't know where and who you asked, but in my Japanese community I've recently heard some FBs that have similar issues with the Tokyo server.

Thank you.