Zeno000

new player here: the first 10-20 hours of the game late into the wipe is masochism and zero fun.

Cobain1234
Gerade eben schrieb davidj123456:

Why can't they do that in EFT too?

For example... DayZ may be a trainwreck, but the game is FAIR.

If you kill someone, he is dead and starts a new char. If you meet him again, he will be at your level with probably no equipment, trying to get his equipment going. He will not be stronger than you, not be faster than you, nor be unkillable just because he is playing DayZ for 2 years.

He may have more knowledge than you, but he still cant just flip a switch and have an M4 with 10 magazines filled with the best ammo together with a full tank armor.

Now Tarkov...

If you kill someone that plays for 2 years, it does nothing for him and nothing for you. He doesnt care cause in the next raid 5 mins later he meets you with the exact same meta gear and kills your ass.

And you? Your noob ass tries to carry those meta guns out of the raid and you get killed by that dudes friend or just the next experienced player. Even if you bring it out, you will have to sell it cause you cant play the meta gun... you cant buy ammo nor magazines for it.

See the difference?

DayZ makes you explore the game mechanics and you meet tons of similar players that have the same in-game powers you have. Dead is dead. Easy.

Tarkov you cant explore poo cause you get spawn killed after 12 secs, otherwise thermalled or just killed by being in the wrong place, like any spawn or just any way that leads to anywhere. You learn nothing by that, and the enemies you face have SUPERPOWERS compared to your own avatar. So its not like you can ever fight them statistically, you can only win by luck once.

• Like 1

davidj123456
2 minutes ago, Cobain1234 said:

For example... DayZ may be a trainwreck, but the game is FAIR.

If you kill someone, he is dead and starts a new char. If you meet him again, he will be at your level with probably no equipment, trying to get his equipment going. He will not be stronger than you, not be faster than you, nor be unkillable just because he is playing DayZ for 2 years.

He may have more knowledge than you, but he still cant just flip a switch and have an M4 with 10 magazines filled with the best ammo together with a full tank armor.

Now Tarkov...

If you kill someone that plays for 2 years, it does nothing for him and nothing for you. He doesnt care cause in the next raid 5 mins later he meets you with the exact same meta gear and kills your ass.

And you? Your noob ass tries to carry those meta guns out of the raid and you get killed by that dudes friend or just the next experienced player. Even if you bring it out, you will have to sell it cause you cant play the meta gun... you cant buy ammo nor magazines for it.

See the difference?

DayZ makes you explore the game mechanics and you meet tons of similar players that have the same in-game powers you have. Dead is dead. Easy.

Tarkov you cant explore poo cause you get spawn killed after 12 secs, otherwise thermalled or just killed by being in the wrong place, like any spawn or just any way that leads to anywhere. You learn nothing by that, and the enemies you face have SUPERPOWERS compared to your own avatar. So its not like you can ever fight them statistically, you can only win by luck once.

In EFT if you kill someone it sends them back to their menu. You won't meet them 5 minutes later.

In Tarkov you rarely see thermals. Avoiding being spawn killed is easy and will only get easier as the game transitions from PvP to PvE.

Edited by davidj123456
  • Like 1

Cobain1234
vor 2 Stunden schrieb davidj123456:

In EFT if you kill someone it sends them back to their menu. You won't meet them 5 minutes later.
In Tarkov you rarely see thermals. Avoiding being spawn killed is easy and will only get easier as the game transitions from PvP to PvE.

And how does that have anything to do with anything I said?

Did you forget what you were talking about?

N1shazu
On 9/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, Zeno000 said:

Discouraged new player here.

In my opinion:

Rule number 1. Play in a full team. 
Rule number 2. Play always with the same team.

Rule number 3. Avoid engagements.

The rest will come with time, Also as said by @syntaxxl you can request a Sherpa for basically everything from simple game mechanics explanations, maps etc, to help during the raids. Don’t give up and good luck for your raids 👍🏻

Caster89Actual
3 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

When I first got the game I loved it. It was hard at first but so are most games. Plenty of sources of info exist where you can learn how to play properly.

I think you responded/quoted the wrong person.

davidj123456
2 minutes ago, Caster89Actual said:

I think you responded/quoted the wrong person.

My apologies. I actually replied to the wrong thread...
Misclicked the notification...

Caster89Actual
1 minute ago, davidj123456 said:

My apologies. I actually replied to the wrong thread...
Misclicked the notification...

All good. Happens to the best of us.

DukeLander
4 hours ago, N1shazu said:

In my opinion:

Rule number 1. Play in a full team. 
Rule number 2. Play always with the same team.

Rule number 3. Avoid engagements.

The rest will come with time, Also as said by @syntaxxl you can request a Sherpa for basically everything from simple game mechanics explanations, maps etc, to help during the raids. Don’t give up and good luck for your raids 👍🏻

Must ask:

We are playing fps and we should avoid engagements?

Wtf...

And any dev have tried his game lately, to see how 30+ lvl players are running around with pistols and scav vests?

I don't even remember when I've killed some geared player. Only hatchlings and pistoleros.

Just a f... great game, where people have gear fear at max, thanks to idiotic mechanics, imbalance, shitty servers and cheaters.

Once full discord channels are empty, most of people playing Warzone because it's more realistic and fun... Jesus...

Really sad, to see this game with such great potential to fall so low...

But we have new stims people...

• Upvote 1

Aazatgrabya
On 9/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, Zeno000 said:

Ammo:

My ammo is useless. It takes me 6-10 shots to kill him while he kills me in 2-3 to the body. Ok let's say I actually killed him. What happens? I get his loot, his decked out m4. I am happy. Well that lasts for 10 minutes because I realize I am not allowed to buy any useful ammo for it till I grind more levels. It's not even that they are extremely expensive for a new player to get(which I would be ok with), I literally am not allowed to get them. So that fully decked out m4 is useless against PMCs.

My advice, indeed my route through the early levels this wipe was every Scav run to hit Reserve (quick rat runs - don't hang about).  There are high end ammo packs littered everywhere.  Then when you get that tricked out M4, you should then have at least a couple of mags worth of good ammo.  Here you'll also come across some high end loot to boost your finances too - and at the pre-lvl 10 stage this can really help.

You'll still be punished (all us mere mortals feel punished in this game believe me) but you'll be getting closer to a fair fight.

One other thing to consider - I have a friend at lvl 3 who is starting to see the light in the game now through this - really explore the options to trick out the weapons that are available in the starting traders.  Mods from various different vendors will make some more interesting and fun weapons right from day one - even as simple as adding a sight to an AK.  They may not feel like they compete with that nice M4 you're after - but they'll make the journey more enjoyable.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

BanditMaka
1 hour ago, DukeLander said:

I don't even remember when I've killed some geared player. Only hatchlings and pistoleros.

lol, this because you're dying to everyone else?

chrisragnar
8 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Must ask:

Wtf...

And any dev have tried his game lately, to see how 30+ lvl players are running around with pistols and scav vests?

Just a f... great game, where people have gear fear at max, thanks to idiotic mechanics, imbalance, shitty servers and cheaters.

Once full discord channels are empty, most of people playing Warzone because it's more realistic and fun... Jesus...

Really sad, to see this game with such great potential to fall so low...

But we have new stims people...

That's funny I almost never see anyone without at least lvl 4 armor and helmet and meta M4.

N1shazu
8 hours ago, DukeLander said:

Wtf...

Your objective should be to survive, running blindly towards shoots fired or head up in others engagements isn’t really a good idea, especially if you’re a beginner or solo. If you don’t choose the ground, you’re likely to lose that fight but it’s obvious that playing aggressive also pays in certain situations.Tarkov isn’t a pure FPS. Some players play it seeking pvp, others don’t, everybody play the way they want. 

• Upvote 1

DukeLander

I know what is eft.

Sorry, was eft. That's why I have payed over 100$ for eod.

If I want to run and shoot, warzone is my friend.

Not so long time ago geared player had slick, full custom hk/m4/svd or val with minimum 200..000 worth, fully geared players everywhere...

Now lvl 4 armor is geared...

Maybe it's just me, but I see game play style degradation...

N1shazu
2 minutes ago, DukeLander said:

I know what is eft.

Sorry, was eft. That's why I have payed over 100$ for eod.

If I want to run and shoot, warzone is my friend.

Not so long time ago geared player had slick, full custom hk/m4/svd or val with minimum 200..000 worth, fully geared players everywhere...

Now lvl 4 armor is geared...

Maybe it's just me, but I see game play style degradation...

I always run lvl 4 M2 or M1, modded weapons as I like and not meta. I understand what you mean but still, the beauty of Tarkov is that there isn’t 1 play style, you have the freedom of bringing in whatever you like. You can still be combat effective in your underwear running a cheap rifle. Yes maybe killing a naked pmc is not satisfactory for most of the players but I don’t see any gameplay degradation apart from ADAD strafing.

sutex
21 hours ago, syntaxxl said:

Matchmaking is not needed. And nikita already confirmed that. If you get a player that has been playing for atleast 1 wipe, he will know how to walk around and do his quests.  I've been running PS ammo this whole wipe and didn't had any trouble.

This game is knowledge-based, that's why you always see new players suffering at the start of the wipe. It's normal to die when you are new, not only in Tarkov but at any game, ever.

Tarkov is not supposed to be holding your hand, it has been explained THOUSANDS of times. Good day!

Edit: This is how I see it. I agree that it has a problem with the new players dying more than they should, but that's how I learned the game, and if I did learn the game, believe me, anyone can 😄

Have a good day.

While we are at it, please, if you have any problems remember to ask for a Sherpa or join sherpa hub (NA). We are here to help you, with anything. Quests, map explanations,  questions about the game, etc.

Suggesting the causal player needs their 'HAND HELD' is condescending.

22 hours ago, syntaxxl said:

Tarkov is not supposed to be holding your hand, it has been explained THOUSANDS of times. Good day!

Tarkvo is not hard. It is unbalanced for the casual player. The simple fact that all the fanboys conveniently ignores. If you're not at the starting gate at the start of the wipe you will be at a significant disadvantage. This does not encourage anyone to play if they have missed the start of a wipe. They may attempt it once, but having a causal player come back a week, a month after a wipe to play for few hours a week, knowing missing the start of the wipe from past experience means drama for them, is very unlikely.

Tarkvo is basically a racing sim.

Try joining a race after 20 laps have past, and then 'win'. This is what the casual player is up against and it needs to be addressed otherwise Tarkov is just a Wipe Rush Repeat sim.

jockmcplop
Just now, sutex said:

Suggesting the causal player needs their 'HAND HELD' is condescending.

Tarkvo is not hard. It is unbalanced for the casual player. The simple fact that all the fanboys conveniently ignores. If you're not at the starting gate at the start of the wipe you will be at a significant disadvantage. This does not encourage anyone to play if they have missed the start of a wipe. They may attempt it once, but having a causal player come back a week, a month after a wipe to play for few hours a week, knowing missing the start of the wipe from past experience means drama for them, is very unlikely.

Tarkvo is basically a racing sim.

Try joining a race after 20 laps have past, and then 'win'. This is what the casual player is up against and it needs to be addressed otherwise Tarkov is just a Wipe Rush Repeat sim.

I've managed to play fine, and I'm terrible at this game. I just go around hiding and looting stuff. Sure, you're restricted in terms of gameplay if you miss the beginning of a wipe, but you can still have fun.

sutex
1 minute ago, jockmcplop said:

I've managed to play fine, and I'm terrible at this game. I just go around hiding and looting stuff. Sure, you're restricted in terms of gameplay if you miss the beginning of a wipe, but you can still have fun.

Sure, you're restricted in terms of gameplay if you miss the beginning of a wipe, but you can still have fun.

Sums it up, but there is little point labouring this, the fanboys love the Rush to dominate, and to get ahead before anyone else. What they don't want is to be on the same map with others of their kind. Hence the horror they see in Match matching.

TheRealOxMan

You my friend, should try using a shotgun!

I am new, and having a ton of fun with the game for the most part.

No problems with people being "over powered"

So far this just seems to be a worthless excuse for poor skill/ wanting to have your hand held.

I do also lose most fights to be fair especially with PMC's but so far it is not unfair by any means from my end, and I have taken down players with much better gear than me, you just need to go into the fights making sure you hit them alot.

I do think some players with more gear fight more aggressively than new players which can suck ass if they rush you before you have your bearings and never stop strafing... but even that.. kind of just part of the game from my end, and so far I have taken down two guys who got the drop on me with better weapons.

It is an awesome feeling to take people out when they have an advantage and I don't want to see that disappear with overbearing rules.

Go slow listen carefully and don't bite off more than you can chew.

You also say that 
"ratting" isnt fun... I don't think I can really agree with this either, maybe i am confused about the term, but I think scavenging in the game is great, and certainly has a lot of potential moving forward.

If anything it doesn't work because we don't have long enough games/map to map travel.

When that comes out, and with the addition of many more items hopefully I think scaving will be one of the coolest parts of the game.

If you can survive from 3 maps straight with a gold watch you better believe I am going to be  ducking pumped up after that.

I only hope they do something in the vain of allow us as players log out during a journey and return where we left off.

I thought of an idea where you would have players hide in designated spots on the maps that could change. Like climbing into a dumpster or something, and from there we can log out and relog in that same dumpster on a new server to continue our journey.

Dont remove features you have to expand on them, dont nerf the damage expand on the gameplay to allow for its current form to fit the project.

Starioshka
On 9/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, Zeno000 said:

I can only win 1/10 of EQUAL engagements with PMCs

Found your problem. You are free to delete the thread now and try again.

MarcBorgia

Someone mentioned it before, play your PMC Like a scav. Take in just a pistol and play slow, pop a few scavs and get a better gun and maybe some armor. I actually like customs for these types of runs, especially with the expansion now. Tons of loot, and rashala and his goons are pretty easy, which they usually have good armor, weapons and ammo scattered betwen the 5 of them.

DukeLander

If you play you pmc like scav, you never gonna learn how to fight.

I was very bad at the beginning, because my "teacher" played like a rat.

Than I've changed tactics: I've played scav like pmc, engaging everything.

Very soon I didn't played scav anymore, just pmc. 

Cobain1234
vor 1 Stunde schrieb DukeLander:

If you play you pmc like scav, you never gonna learn how to fight.

Than I've changed tactics: I've played scav like pmc, engaging everything.

Very soon I didn't played scav anymore, just pmc. 

But what is your goal in the game?

If it is surviving, what you do is stupid. You survive a lot more and you make a lot more money if you dont engage other players.

If it is killing other players... why play Tarkov? There are games where the goal is actually to just FRAG other players!?

The problem is that Tarkov actually doesnt have a clear "goal" to balance the game.

If it actually was escaping, then players would play differently.

But Tarkov is - currently - not about surviving, it is about massing up resources in your hideout.

The best way to do that is to ignore other players and go on your standard loot route.

And you dont need a weapon for that. A pistol is useful for killing Scavs in your way, but on average in the successful raids you wont encounter enemy players anyway.

If you do encounter PMCs, its often even better to just immediately die and requeue, because if you do a firefight for a few mins and then are hurt and heal back up, then have to loot, etc, you waste so much time and the good loot is probably gone by then.

Min-maxing for loot in Tarkov just leads to very bad player behaviour.

DukeLander

My goal is to have fun.

For someone is probably , but for me hiding around and just looting is not.

You have full stash, money, hideout and...?

What is a point of hoarding ?

I combine everything what game offers, fighting is part of it.

Cobain1234
Gerade eben schrieb DukeLander:

What is a point of hoarding?

Progression.

The game progression is tied to:

• Money
  • Resources
  • Hideout capabilities (crafting for quests)

A games "red line" is usually the progression and what you have to do to progress.

Progression in Tarkov means looting valuable stuff.

LilBoondit

Honestly I feel your pain. When I first started playing I bought the game two weeks till the next wipe and got my ass handed to me and this was back in 2018 before the flea market was added. so good ammo was impossible to come by. You bring some good points but honestly a lot of them are kind of bull. For starters, a lot of your complaints are about the recoil stat and how every late game chad has it maxed. This isn’t true, while the recoil stat when maxed is incredibly OP I’d say about maybe 1% of this games player base has it at that point and most probably haven’t even tried to level it. If someone doesn’t seem to have recoil its most likely their gun build. Another thing you said was you do a poo ton of scav runs to cover your pmc runs, this is honestly the root of the problem why you had such a hard time to get lv 10 of you do scav runs every other raid you are pretty much cutting the amount of xp you get in a certain amount of time in half because you get no xp from scav raids do scav raids on either reserve or shoreline till you get a decent amount of rubbles that you feel comfortable with early game I’d say about 1mil and then completely stop Doing them until to you go down to about 500k. You also say you need a poo ton of money to buy dogshit gear, this is definitely not true. If you survive a scav raid even with just a toz kit you can sell that kit and buy an SKS and some decent ammo for about 25000 rubbles. This is honestly my kit till I reach lv 10 and they I start modding aks and 7.62x39 veprs as they go for about 14k on the flea market. If you are having trouble with quests try doing them at night time there’s a lot less decked chad  squads at night and fewer pmcs. One thing tho don’t do this for factory all you’ll find at your state is pain and a face full of m995. If you are still having trouble try joining some Tarkov discord’s like Pestilys discord or the Sherpa hub there’s always people on there willing to give quest items and hard carry you to quest objectives not only that but at this point in the wipe a lot of them will be lv 50.

TL:DR 

-do scav runs only when your broke to maximize XP gain (<400-500k)

-buy sks+ps rounds for a cheap <30k rouble kit 

-join Eft discords like pestilys discord or the Sherpa Hub to look for high level teammates.

-try doing quests at night for less pmcs per raid and generally less squads

This game is brutal for new players but was honestly much worse when I first started playing. I have about 1k hours on Tarkov and wish you luck. 

EDIT:One more thing, also buy the best ammo, it’s better to have and stock ak with just a holosight With BS ammo then to have a heavily modded meta zero recoil M4 chambered with warmage. And don’t expect any armor less than lv 5 to stop anything from decked chads they’ll most likely be using top tier bullets and pierce straight through. The only armor you should buy is lv 3 armor but that will only prevent you from getting 1 shot by scavs.

Edited by LilBoondit