konj

Potential fix to rat runners/money buyers

konj

Why don't we restrict the secure containers to items only that you brought in raid with you?
So items that you bring with you in raid - you can move in and out of your secure container, but any other item is a no go. This can potentially increase the meaningfulness of loot, and the idea of extracting. So when you find something incredibly high value, you can't just lock it up in your container and bar it from other people just because you got to it first. The loot doesn't get recycled and loses majority of its value. But if you restrict it, if someone kills you it is fair game, and theyre entitled to everything you got from this raid.

For Buyers :

For buyers it'll be a lot more risky and potentially putting more stress on their business as extracting with that loot and having the potential to die gives it a chance for it go wrong and that money could go to someone lucky who kills em.

This isn't a definitive fix to buyers, but its a good addition to limit them and as well remove stupid hatchet runs with no consequence what so ever. 

• Sad 3

Majlo

I agree that there should be a change to the secure containers along these lines.

• Sad 1

daniel212

Yeah why not make the game even more stressful and not enjoyable lol. People paid real money for those Fcking containers so they better not make them useless.

• Upvote 7

chrisragnar

As I stated before I'd rather have it completely replaced by hidden pockets that only equip special containers like keytools, docs and sicc. Plus one new that let you carry quest items like transmitter's etc.

Morgulis_RatMan

come on man, cant a brother be rating ?

In all seriousness, devs should, before finding a permanent fix, at least not allow raid acces without a weapon and armor.

But im pretty sure thats low in their "to do list"

Also if any of the devs are around, can we know when and how radiation will be in the game?

Poison will come in surprise update with cultists right ?

PS: if u need money so bad, just do scav raids

Edited by Morgulis_RatMan

konj
14 hours ago, daniel212 said:

Yeah why not make the game even more stressful and not enjoyable lol. People paid real money for those Fcking containers so they better not make them useless.

How would it be making containers useless? 
It's where you can store your keys, meds, ammo before raid - but the idea of being able to put items in there uve found in raid is kinda stupid because if that person dies, the value of that item diminishes a lot due to FLEA market and no one else gets it

tambo22003
17 hours ago, daniel212 said:

Without putting "found in raid" item into container is an okay concept, but they will have to increase the size of the container by at least 50%. So 3x2 for alpha , 3x3 for beta and 4x4 for gamma. 4x3 for Epsilon and 4x5 for Kappa. No weapons, no item boxes (no medbox, ammo box, pistol box etc), no magazine, no sicc case, no doc case, no key tool (or reduce keytool size), no armor , vests and basically no container inside container.

Only items that are allowed are: loose keys, quest markers and items, loose ammo (inside packet is okay), meds and stims, grenades , food. Basically consumables. 

RValle
On 9/6/2020 at 11:56 AM, daniel212 said:

How are they useless if restricted to not FiR? You get them right away the game wipes and it is a huge advantage having a 3x3 container where you can put meds and keys without worrying of losing them.

ACuddlyBadger

Your Gammas can carry a green stim, alu splint, Doc/SICC case, Paracord, and still have 3 slots left over for ammo/ other meds. Remove putting items into secure containers in raid. 

Biala_Mewa
On 9/6/2020 at 11:27 AM, konj said:

Why don't we restrict the secure containers to items only that you brought in raid with you?
So items that you bring with you in raid - you can move in and out of your secure container, but any other item is a no go. This can potentially increase the meaningfulness of loot, and the idea of extracting. So when you find something incredibly high value, you can't just lock it up in your container and bar it from other people just because you got to it first. The loot doesn't get recycled and loses majority of its value. But if you restrict it, if someone kills you it is fair game, and theyre entitled to everything you got from this raid.

For Buyers :

For buyers it'll be a lot more risky and potentially putting more stress on their business as extracting with that loot and having the potential to die gives it a chance for it go wrong and that money could go to someone lucky who kills em.

This isn't a definitive fix to buyers, but its a good addition to limit them and as well remove stupid hatchet runs with no consequence what so ever. 

Secure containers are the only safe place for items in raid. People bought EOD edition to even have bigger container, so you can just "nerf" it. It's stupid idea. If you don't want to put items in SC, just don't? But do not force other gamers to do the same. There's still a lot of people with Standard Edition and why do you want to take away their only chance to secure their items in raid?

I really don't understand why do you all ahve problems with containers. I repeat: if you want to put there only meds/keys/whatever, you still can do this - but don't force other players. 

You can always keep your container in stash, not on PMC so you can have more meaningfulness loot 

Edited by BialaMewa

Biala_Mewa

"Potential fix to rat runners/money buyers"

What is your problem with "rat runners"? Because someone doesn't play like you?

coredumped7893

I really enjoy playing slow and quiet. This fits this game quite well. I don`t really understand why people have problems with players that don`t want to run and shoot at everyone. It`s interesting how many people use arguments around PvP. 

Actually when you put some item in your container you have to know it`s value, after all, whats the point of securing lower price item (when you die it would loose it`s FiR status anyway), so this encourages players to remember items value. 

But if you restrict it, if someone kills you it is fair game, and theyre entitled to everything you got from this raid.

When you have Alpha, you can`t put much stuff inside. So for example one graphics card take 50% of your container. At least you can have one item secured. It`s good especially for new players that want to learn this game and be better. We should also look at this form others perspective. Not everyone has 2000+ hours in raid time.

Lastly, when you rush some high value room, you have to know how to get there first, so, map knowledge plays big role in this. This can be considered as some type of reward. The same is with your gear, when you run with only MP9 and lvl 2 armor you have bigger chance to die even from scav, but you are faster and quieter. You take more risk when looting, so why not put 1 or 2 items in Alpha/Gamma. And yeah, I know that this game is supposed to be hard, but sometimes it has to be rewarding too. Otherwise whats the point of playing it?

I feel like some players think that killing other PMC`s is the only goal of this game and that they can have everything. This game shouldn`t be balanced only around PvP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

coredumped7893

So items that you bring with you in raid - you can move in and out of your secure container, but any other item is a no go. This can potentially increase the meaningfulness of loot, and the idea of extracting

When i find something for quest I just extract, I don`t really think that`s the problem. This wipe FiR changes already put big pressure on extracting alive.

Biala_Mewa

And by the way, if you can't put items in your container, there will be MORE "rat runners" 😉 So it won't be "fix to rat runners" as you said in topic. 

Deleting "FIR Status" after death have already INCREASED  "the meaningfulness of loot, and the idea of extracting" soo

konj
9 hours ago, BialaMewa said:

And by the way, if you can't put items in your container, there will be MORE "rat runners" 😉 So it won't be "fix to rat runners" as you said in topic. 

Deleting "FIR Status" after death have already INCREASED  "the meaningfulness of loot, and the idea of extracting" soo

I don't think you are really grasping my point.
It isn't the sense of deleting rat runners, they will still be there - but it's stupid how if you are the first person to a room, you find something high value and you keep it forever thus losing the risk reward system. I know that is still in place with removing FIR status after death but that also eliminates PVP.

A secure container should only be used for securing meds or keytools/docs/siccs, it isn't about making the game slow paced, or fast paced. This change improves both of them, and as well there will be more items on the flea market because of this.

R3c0nSn1p3r4
8 hours ago, konj said:

It isn't the sense of deleting rat runners, they will still be there - but it's stupid how if you are the first person to a room, you find something high value and you keep it forever thus losing the risk reward system. I know that is still in place with removing FIR status after death but that also eliminates PVP.

A secure container should only be used for securing meds or keytools/docs/siccs, it isn't about making the game slow paced, or fast paced. This change improves both of them, and as well there will be more items on the flea market because of this.

But thats the point they dont want super rare items commonly found on the flea market it is all a chance. if you find something high valued then you do whatever it takes to get it out whether it be fighting 10 people or scurrying out the back like a little rat.

Also doing it the way they are right now highly impacts people who are RMTing.

• Upvote 1

NerdCoreTV

what I don`t understand:

why the hate about rat-playsers and hatchlings? if I need a graphiccard for me hideout, so for godsake let me put it in my container. Why do i have to lose all my stuff, because there was an exit-camper? just let me save that little bit i found

Edited by NerdCoreTV
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

coredumped7893
2 hours ago, NerdCoreTV said:

what I don`t understand:

why the hate about rat-playsers and hatchlings? if I need a graphiccard for me hideout, so for godsake let me put it in my container. Why do i have to lose all my stuff, because there was an exit-camper? just let me save that little bit i found

Big yyup for you, I died few times recently with Graphics card, and I needed them for mechanic :( I had them in gamma so at least I could put them in bitcoin farm.

12 hours ago, konj said:

It isn't the sense of deleting rat runners, they will still be there - but it's stupid how if you are the first person to a room, you find something high value and you keep it forever thus losing the risk reward system

First of all, you have to have key to that room, after that you have to know thew best way go get there - map knowledge and after you find something you still need to extract alive to keep FiR status otherwise many items loose most of it`s value. Honestly I think that currently this whole idea is balanced good enough. And if you want to be faster maybe dont bring so heavy gear next time - SMG with soft lvl 2 armor would give advantage on speed and quieter movement. 

• Upvote 1

coredumped7893
12 hours ago, konj said:

I know that is still in place with removing FIR status after death but that also eliminates PVP

This game is not only PvP oriented. Your goal is more to survive than to kill whole server. 

• Upvote 1

Biala_Mewa
12 hours ago, konj said:

"but it's stupid how if you are the first person to a room, you find something high value and you keep it forever" - if someone has a great spawn, he take advantage of it. It is nothing wrong with this. If I found ledx / graphics card / keycard / fuel conditioner / whatever, I want to SECURE it in my CONTAINER. It's enough that in case of death, it loose FiR status. There is NO NEED to change mechanics of secure containers. If you have problem with this, surry - play another raid and maybe you will be first in specific place. And do you know that there is also other places to loot on the map? Not only locked rooms? Lately, I've unlocked marked room on Reserve 8 times, and found only TT and PPSH. Why people are so excited about be there first, you'll find more valuable items as "loose loot" in different places. 

"also eliminates PVP." - this game is NOT ONLY PvP game. If someone foung something valuable, then it is no sense to do PvP... People want to keep FiR status in items in containers. Personally I don't want to engange in PvP if I found something valuable for me. If I won't be able to put items in containers, there is especially no sense in PvP. Don't get me wrong - that's what I understood from your sentnce. 
The problem for you is that someone is first in locked rooms, or don't want to PvP?

In my opinion, if there will be no possibility to secure items on containers, there will be more extract campers. It will be better for them to wait in EXFILs then looting stuff, because after killing other PMC, they can take their entire loot. 

People bought EOD Edition to have bigger container and to have accessibility to put MORE items there. They want to secure their meds, keys and also other items they found furing the raid. You can't just take away this opportunity. 

"there will be more items on the flea market because of this." - there shouldn't be many of some items on Flea, some of them have to be super rare, not easly available. 

• Upvote 1

RValle
10 hours ago, NerdCoreTV said:

what I don`t understand:

Because the whole gamma thing promotes the sprint to get to the loot spawn first, whoever gets there first shoves the item right up his ass and can't be looted. If you didn't extract with the item then why should it be yours anyways?

It's so thrilling when you find a rare item as a SCAV and you play it so carefully to extract, the same thing should be applied to PMC's.

I really wish Tarkov was a lot slower and tactical than it is now. No more rushing to high tier loot spawns and actually clearing corners be a viable tactic since you could find someone hiding and get everything they found in raid.

Edited by RValle

daniel212
On 9/10/2020 at 1:06 AM, RValle said:

How are they useless if restricted to not FiR? You get them right away the game wipes and it is a huge advantage having a 3x3 container where you can put meds and keys without worrying of losing them.

Well we paid for that advantage... and i am still less stressed having a found thermal scope in my container than dying with it in my backpack. I am not happy with FiR change but what can i do lol. But limiting it even more? like really? 

• Upvote 2

NerdCoreTV
vor 20 Stunden schrieb RValle:

Because the whole gamma thing promotes the sprint to get to the loot spawn first, whoever gets there first shoves the item right up his ass and can't be looted. If you didn't extract with the item then why should it be yours anyways?

It's so thrilling when you find a rare item as a SCAV and you play it so carefully to extract, the same thing should be applied to PMC's.

I really wish Tarkov was a lot slower and tactical than it is now. No more rushing to high tier loot spawns and actually clearing corners be a viable tactic since you could find someone hiding and get everything they found in raid.

that`s not a gamma-problem. stop those static lootspawns. or go one step further, stop making it necessary that mission-items has to be FIR,  i am searching a whole week for my last ***** spark plug. always when i get one i die and that is the whole problem with those quests, it`s not even a funny grind, it`s pretty annoying and yeah maybe you are so god damn good at this game, but i am not. i can hold my ground for sure, but most quest ... sigh.

back to topic: stop making spawns static and you will get a totally different dynamic in raids.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb daniel212:

Well we paid for that advantage... and i am still less stressed having a found thermal scope in my container than dying with it in my backpack. I am not happy with FiR change but what can i do lol. But limiting it even more? like really? 

since when can you  put a thermal in your container?

Edited by NerdCoreTV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

coredumped7893
5 hours ago, NerdCoreTV said:

that`s not a gamma-problem. stop those static lootspawns

I think that more dynamic loot should be tested first, it`s less brutal for many players and it may solve this problem, or at least help a lot.

5 hours ago, NerdCoreTV said:

since when can you  put a thermal in your container?

Well... you can`t put thermal directly in the container, BUT you can put rails, handguards with mounts etc and also mount onto them scopes. Look at screenshots below ;)  I just tested it with TOZ-106 mount, it costs below 3000RUB and not only you can secure thermal but also it "compresses" it to only one slot 

2020-09-12[22-55] (1).png

2020-09-12[22-55] (0).png

• Thanks 2

Biala_Mewa
On 9/11/2020 at 9:23 PM, RValle said:

"Because the whole gamma thing promotes the sprint to get to the loot spawn first" - nope, container doesn't promote it. If someone has been spawned near marked room, it is naturall that he will loot it (if he has a key). 

"If you didn't extract with the item then why should it be yours anyways?" - that's the idea of containers - the only place which is safe for your items. 

"It's so thrilling when you find a rare item as a SCAV and you play it so carefully to extract, the same thing should be applied to PMC's" - yupp, but if you die as PMC, you will loose FiR status. So even if you were first and found 3 LEDX, in case of death, you can't sell then on Flea. If you want FiR status, you have to survive and sometimes is not so easy. 

"No more rushing to high tier loot spawns" - if you have great spawn, then you should take advantage and loot this kind of place. But if not, there is a plenty of different stashes/rooms/places to loot. Not only high tier loot spawns. 

"I really wish Tarkov was a lot slower and tactical than it is now" - yupp, but Tarkov will be more tactical if they add inertion. There shouldn't be "ADADADAD" phenomenon. THIS should be fixed first, not imposing next restrictions.

• Thanks 1