DatGreatKhan

Remove Grenade Launcher

DatGreatKhan

Title says all - I see no point in keeping a weapon that is so overpowered considering how easy it is to get roubles in this game. The current price of it doesn't really resound with high risk, high reward because it has no learning curve or require skill. You just point and click, and anyone from zero armor to max armor protection will die instantly. Grenades already instant kill people even if they are max gear, hell grenades kill you through an Altyn with a headshot.

Every time I run raids on Labs or another map that doesn't have a cheater, there is most likely a person using a grenade launcher - or multiple people in a group. It's not even fair fighting in this game when you can point and click an instant-exploding grenade at someone's feet and they die with 5-10 meters. This game already has so many issues and you guys decide to add broken poo like this?

With that being said, my main point is that a grenade launcher takes away from the fun in PVP... you can spend millions of roubles on a loadout just to spawn into a map and die instantly (I'm talking about mostly close quarter maps).. it's kind of a joke to see how fast paced this game wants to become. I used to think it wasn't that "arcade" like but after over 700+ hours and almost a thousand raids it's looking to become like that type of game. Don't get me wrong - this game is more realistic than any I've played for an FPS - however if BSG condones garbage features like this, then you'll probably lose more and more players in the future.

I'm over-exaggerating on people using GLs, but considering how you can build a 50M+ rouble stash in less than 2 weeks of playing (with experience), running a GL in a raid is nothing hard. I just don't see why it should be kept in the game if it's so easy to obtain and the ammo is quite cheap imho.

• Sad 1

mattix

The grenade launcher is not the real issue. It's people pouring their life savings into their loadout for a single raid and then getting whacked 5 minutes in. 

• Upvote 1

davidj123456

I've only ever heard it on Labs except 1 time on Customs. It is so rarely used that it is not a problem.

• Upvote 1

Majlo
4 hours ago, DatGreatKhan said:

I see no point in keeping a weapon that is so overpowered considering how easy it is to get roubles in this game.

IMO this is more of an economy problem than it is a problem with the FN GL40 itself.

It's not even fair fighting in this game

Good. The game isn't designed to be fair. It's designed to simulate (and I use this word very loosely in this context) reality, where combat isn't fair, ever. And if it is, you or the enemy has fucked up real bad.

you can spend millions of roubles on a loadout just to spawn into a map and die instantly

The cost of your gear does not give you any more right to surviving any engagement than having none of it - it only increases your chances if you know how to use it.

If you feel like the amount you spend on your gear isn't worth the risk, then why are you spending it?

it's kind of a joke to see how fast paced this game wants to become

I feel you on this, but it doesn't have anything to do with the grenade launcher. It has way more to do with numerous other game mechanics.

9 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

I've only ever heard it on Labs except 1 time on Customs. It is so rarely used that it is not a problem.

Indeed, I've only seen or heard other players than me and my own group use it THRICE since it was introduced, and only one of those times we died to it.

But we didn't die to it because it was the grenade launcher, no. We died to it because we ended up cornering ourselves in a room with only one exit. Any explosive would've killed us, be that the GL40 or any of the hand grenades in the game.

• Upvote 3

chrisragnar

Haven't seen a single player with granade launcher. Only found one that I sold.

DatGreatKhan
9 hours ago, mattix said:

The grenade launcher is not the real issue. It's people pouring their life savings into their loadout for a single raid and then getting whacked 5 minutes in. 

I am not that type of person to do that, but I have died numerous times to a GL before I could even engage the enemy - my point is, the type of gear you wear doesn't change the outcome. Someone points at you, clicks, and you are dead instantly. You can't escape it.

6 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

I've run into GLs ~5-6 times yesterday. I've seen people use it on Reserve, Customs, and Shoreline numerous times last week lol. "Rarely used" is beyond false.

DatGreatKhan
6 hours ago, Majlo said:

IMO this is more of an economy problem than it is a problem with the FN GL40 itself.

Good. The game isn't designed to be fair. It's designed to simulate (and I use this word very loosely in this context) reality, where combat isn't fair, ever. And if it is, you or the enemy has fucked up real bad.

The cost of your gear does not give you any more right to surviving any engagement than having none of it - it only increases your chances if you know how to use it.

If you feel like the amount you spend on your gear isn't worth the risk, then why are you spending it?

I feel you on this, but it doesn't have anything to do with the grenade launcher. It has way more to do with numerous other game mechanics.

Indeed, I've only seen or heard other players than me and my own group use it THRICE since it was introduced, and only one of those times we died to it.

But we didn't die to it because it was the grenade launcher, no. We died to it because we ended up cornering ourselves in a room with only one exit. Any explosive would've killed us, be that the GL40 or any of the hand grenades in the game.

The argument that wearing expensive gear while also having a high risk isn't in the picture. That's always been the case - you can get killed by an AI scav in the eyes in one shot sometimes. Players can leg meta you, etc. I agree that this game should stay that way, but that is not aligned with the addition of the GL. I am not saying "lord have mercy, this game needs to be easier" - I love the PVP. I play very aggressive and it pays off - and sometimes it hurts me too.

Maybe I run into grenade launchers more than other people do here, but I have definitely run into them nearly 20 times this wipe (and recently, since it cost 200K for a GL now). It has everything to do with the grenade launcher.. it's an instant kill and its radius is ridiculously large. You can wipe out a 4-5 man with it and constantly just rush Labs with one (assuming no cheaters present). Your example of being cornered in a room lacks to identify the specific problem I'm talking about that the GL introduces to the game - instantaneous death. Grenades have a fuse, and therefore give you time to react. You can rush out and try killing the person(s) off who is throwing a nade at you - i.e. shooting them while they are throwing the nade. Compared to a lot of the weapons and their corresponding ammo, as well as other features in Tarkov, there is no other "instant" killing mechanic besides the stationary grenade launcher "machine" guns.

You argue that the cost of gear does not give you any more right in surviving an engagement, which I agree on you with. But tell me why you contradict that logic by defending a weapon that cost 200K roubles that instant kills someone without giving them any way to dodge or react? It gives you more of a right to survive an engagement - hell, there is not even an engagement half the time because the enemy is already dead because you point-clicked an instant exploding grenade that kills anything from 3-10m. There shouldn't be any one-sided PVP in Tarkov - there is a reason why they balance out ammo and other features. Grenades, as deadly as they are, can easily be dodged by running away from them or hiding behind an object. You can't dodge a grenade launcher - and if you could, you probably won the lottery (unless the guy behind the GL sucks).

If I run expensive gear in this game, I don't expect to be invincible. I don't want to be, or else there would be no challenge. But a grenade launcher - a weapon that takes out the "engagement" factor of a fight - is no challenge. It's just a toy that ruins the game.

I am not saying the GL is solely the reason why PVP is not fun. I am saying the GL, when used, makes it non-PVP... there is no "versus" because you are already dead before you can do anything.

Edited by DatGreatKhan
  • Sad 1

chrisragnar
16 hours ago, DatGreatKhan said:

I am not saying the GL is solely the reason why PVP is not fun. I am saying the GL, when used, makes it non-PVP... there is no "versus" because you are already dead before you can do anything.

So basically like almost any engagement with any gun.

Morgulis_RatMan

@DatGeatKhan, You'r probably unlucky, or m320 magnet, because last BSG podacst on twitch, Nikita sayed that GL is used by only 0.8% of players in online raid (it was about 1 week after the big update)

I can only confirm what the other say, i heard it only 1 time in 1+ month of raid

h1ena

Having ''only seen it once'' only confirms that you are noobies and never played Labs. Its in every. single. raid. ever. This deep into the wipe people don't even care about money. Cost of the GL is about a mill and the better ammo is at about 150k. You also pay 150k for the Labs access card. Do you even think they are doing this for the profit? Its just for trolling people and ones amusement. 

I don't mind the GL being in the game, but its just broken. The radius of explosion and destruction is Bollywood-like, ignoring all kinds of protective equipment and even sometimes walls and obstacles.

Same spit on outdoors maps, you can no longer hide in a bush at this point of the wipe. I did my own experiment of only running Shoreline, mostly ignoring the Resort and did 38 survives in a row before I got killed by a hacker. Killed on average 3 players per raid and almost all of them had no idea what hit them. Made like 10 mill profit, while back then, the cost of the Reap-IR was only 300k. My point is that the gameplay has changed and I'm not convinced its for good. You can no longer stand still or hide in a bush and snipe with a regular scope. Why not just remove all other scopes from the game, because BSG's response was "fight thermals with thermals''.

I'm sure their opinion is the same on the GL40 - 'well you can buy one too'. Yes, I can and then what's Labs going to turn into? A Call of Duty style experience where everybody's jiggle peeking, sprinting around with meta HKs and GLs with the challenge of dodging the hackers. Nothing tactical about this type of gameplay. 

GhostZ69
14 minutes ago, h1ena said:

Yes, I can and then what's Labs going to turn into? A Call of Duty style experience where everybody's jiggle peeking, sprinting around with meta HKs and GLs with the challenge of dodging the hackers. Nothing tactical about this type of gameplay. 

It is not already that + hacker infested?  LoL

Pryzies

I've only ever heard it once on interchange. Haven't died to it yet. Never fired one. Then again, I haven't reached "end game" yet. Never been in labs at all because of the horror stories I've heard. I just rather sell the card and keep the cash.