Sign in to follow this  
Dicarus

Will the memory leak ever be fixed?

Dicarus

RAM issues render the game unplayable. Before you ask: I have a 6GB 1060GTX and 24 gigs of RAM. The issue is not on my end. The game runs fine on the first raid, runs iffy on second, usually crashes on third or maybe fourth. This is a pattern I can reproduce very easily.  The game will also just REFUSE to load reserve sometimes, it'll just freeze/crash and by the time I'd load in, I'm already dead.

Basically the issue has something to do with the way loot works now. It wasn't leaking memory before the loot was changed around. There's probably something leaking memory due to item spawning, constantly hoarding and hoarding more until my poor system can't handle Tarkov eating 24 gigs of RAM.

McC1oud

I can't say I'm experiencing a memory leak. 24 GB is an odd set of ram.

Assuming you 3 stick of 8, are they all the same type of ram?

I'll monitor my game for a bit and return with results.

Edited by McC1oud

tobiassolem

bild.png

For me there's 4.2Gig usage (this is after 6 hours of running the game). What are you seeing @Dicarus?

McC1oud

I run 12 GB after loading
I then run at 15GB with little deviations for 5 raids

outta 32

Dicarus
On 9/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, tobiassolem said:

bild.png

For me there's 4.2Gig usage (this is after 6 hours of running the game). What are you seeing @Dicarus?

Wish I had screenshotted my usage before I quit the game - I'll try to do that tomorrow when I try running reserve, usually game becomes unplayable choppy and/or crashes. It's not as bad if I'm running a small, singular map like customs, but when I constantly change maps the game becomes unstable due to RAM usage.

• Like 1

Dicarus

Update: I failed to take a screenshot, but Tarkov went up as high as 14 gigs of RAM just when I tried to screenshot my task manager, before my memory cleaning background programs I installed fixed it. Curiously enough - after they went and did that, it went back as low as 1.4 before ballooning its way back to 6.

It WAS reserve by the way. Why can Tarkov work perfectly fine using only 1.4 gigs of RAM but somehow bloats itself up to 14?

Regardless, I'll try to snap a good screenshot of Tarkov guzzling my RAM again soon.

utphilboy
Am 22.9.2020 um 19:44 schrieb Dicarus:

It WAS reserve by the way. Why can Tarkov work perfectly fine using only 1.4 gigs of RAM but somehow bloats itself up to 14?

Because the game doesn't need much RAM when in the main menu, but uses quite a lot of your RAM when actively playing a game where tons and tons and tons of small little pieces of loot, equipped equipment, health-stats of dozens of characters, status of all those little pieces of loot(full, empty, etc) and stuff like that needs to be stored to be quickly accessed.
That said, it is quite annoying tho.
Other similar games like heavily modded DayZ simulate to a comparable degree but don't bloat up to 14gigs regularly.