Sign in to follow this  
BlackSanta

Vital Organs

BlackSanta

I feel that if you want to make Tarkov a more realistic game then there should be a more realistic form of fighting. I have two things I would say and the first one being some sort of a Vital Organs system or something of the sorts and the gun recoil.

1. Vital Organs

I think that a lot of people give feedback to make the game easier or something of the sorts. Well as you have stated many times over again that you wish to make this one of the hardest realistic shooters that there is. And so far, I think you have and I like how you keep true to your word. However, I feel that an area Tarkov is lacking is the combat. I know that the next major updated (13.0) is going to have a more improved Armour coverage and that will be nice. But I think that you should also improve the hitbox or the chances of killing someone as well. I know that you are probably thinking right now that this sounds a bit far fetched, just hear me out. I have had numerous times where I would have the drop on someone, hit them in vital places, and still die. I am not saying that I am great at the game, but these are situations that in a realistic outcome would've ended after the first three shots to the heart, neck, or jawline. I would personally say to implement something along the lines that if you hit a player in heart, it calls for a higher chance of that being a one shot. I feel as though being able to live after a 308 round piercing your heart should be someone that is too rare. This goes for other vital areas. I have taken stabs at people with a hatch who are not wearing a helmet. I understand you need to keep some distance between reality and game, however if you want to be realistic then that's just something players are going to have to be wary about. Not bringing in a helmet and getting one hit from a hatchet sounds realistic to me. I enjoy everything right now, just some firefights seem unreal to me (If I am losing or winning). I feel as if this would be a good stand point between easy and hard. It would be easier to kill and harder to live.

2. Gun Recoil

I think that the gun recoil in the start is great. I mean it feels realistic to how a actual gun shoots. But further down the road you have the players being a to perform something like a laser out of there gun. This to me seems highly unrealistic. I have never, in my entire life, seen anyone shoot a fully automatic 308 round at a consistent, steady, and accurate pace. Now, just because I haven't seen it does not mean its not real. I could be wrong and people could probably shoot like that, but I couldn't imagine being able to shoot a 308 that steady. I feel as if it needs to be nurfed a lot. 

Thank you for listening to my ted talk haha. But thank you guys for all the work you do and how well you manage to maintain this game. Keep it and can't wait for the next update. Also to you other people reading this, if you agree or disagree with me, please let me know and let me know why or how you would change what I have said along with any of your own suggestions. 

Thank you! 

chrisragnar

We already have lethal hitbox chest and head. More detailed areas will effect server performance negatively.

RACWAR

Yeah, things like this have been suggested before numerous times, sadly the game is going into a more casual direction lately.

I'd also love to see hitboxes for heart and lungs, which should obviously be a insta-kill. I would even go as far as adding hitboxes for crucial arteries as they exist in your legs, for example, which then could only be stopped from bleeding by using a tourniquet, which upon applying would black out your limb. And a limb that was treated with a tourniquet would then not be repairable with CMS.

I've been saying this so many times, there are so many small changes that they could do to the game, some as simple as changing a few values, which would greatly make the game more realistic, hardcore, immersive, etc.

But I honestly can't tell anymore where their priorities are at this point or where they are planning to go with this game.

• Like 2

Kthelmir

There is literally no part of your body except for maybe your feet and hands where being shot cannot turn into a life threatening situation fast.

GhostZ69

Unfortunately, this is well beyond the current ability of the BSG coders.  They have come a LONG way since 2016 (Original release date for 1.0) but we don't have a stable enough platform to even determine if a bullet that was a direct hit, hit or not.  Much less the ability to detect if it hit a plate, did it penetrate, if it penetrated, did it hit a particular area...  Great damn idea, just well beyond the skill set of the current team.

• Sad 1

ChewChew6

Upvoting for vital organs.

But I understand the limitation of the game some people here pointed out.

As much as I like the realism in the game, some things don't make sense.

8 hours ago, BlackSanta said:

I enjoy everything right now, just some firefights seem unreal to me (If I am losing or winning). I feel as if this would be a good stand point between easy and hard. It would be easier to kill and harder to live.

I totally agree on that. It's really frustrating to lose a gunfight when you jumped on the guy unnoticed and lose because he only had better armor/bullets than me. (Still low level here).

Anyway, BSG, I'm looking at you. Great game, probably the best FPS I've ever played but certainly not "noob" friendly. Dark Souls vibes here.

Edited by ChewChew6