DatGreatKhan

To the level 30+ PMCs I kill who can't pack magazines

DatGreatKhan

I can't even count how many times on my fingers I've killed a high level PMC (level 30+, up to 50+) who has their magazines packed in reverse. It's like every. single. raid. Chad gear with decked out guns, and yet you still put Igolnik underneath BT or use a magazine full of BT instead of a magazine full of Igolnik. I just had a raid today where I killed 3 level 39+ players, and two of them did this.

When I was new to the game this wipe, I did the same thing once - but then I learned from my mistake after being roasted by my teammates. And I'm level 40 right now, so now at this point I expect people around my level (give or take) to know how to do this by now. I'm talking players in chad gear, or decent gear even. How do you not know how magazine order works in this game, yet you are able to obtain specific armor/weapons and ammo for a raid? It makes me cringe!

Magazine packing is first-in/last-out like a stack (shout out to my Computer Science majors) - how is it such a hard concept to grasp? Or maybe Nikita is tickling your balls and just confusing you? Idk.

I just wrote this post as a meme, it doesn't happen every raid but it happens often and it's quite hilarious. Free loot for me I guess.

Edited by DatGreatKhan
  • Sad 1

Nutcracker87

Often times its a matter of just quickly filling mags with whatever is at hand without taking out the remaining igols or bs or whatever. just top it off with whatever you took from the corpse or loot. So bt might be on the top. I couldnt be arsed to unpack a 60mag since it already takes forever so just pop some in. 

DatGreatKhan
2 hours ago, Nutcracker87 said:

Often times its a matter of just quickly filling mags with whatever is at hand without taking out the remaining igols or bs or whatever. just top it off with whatever you took from the corpse or loot. So bt might be on the top. I couldnt be arsed to unpack a 60mag since it already takes forever so just pop some in. 

Yeah but I'm talking strictly people who put them in reverse on accident lol.

TUALMASOK
1 hour ago, DatGreatKhan said:

How do you know it's accidental?

chrisragnar
9 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

How do you know it's accidental?

Because people are dumb, and gamers are no different. 

And because if you want to be efficient, the first rounds or mag will be high quality pen ammo because the first min you are most likely going to shoot other PMC's. Then the rest of the mag next best and usually much cheaper ammo sins if the fight escalates into using your whole mag, it's probably just gonna come down to spraying and praying at the end.

Edited by chrisragnar

GeneralBrus
11 hours ago, DatGreatKhan said:

1. Igolnik has higher recoil than BT 

2. Tap fire and small bursts have a chance to freeze your gun, so that even though you press and hold left mouse button, your gun just wont fire - happens especially with AKs

3. auto fire recoil works weirdly in tarkov, when going full auto your first shots have increased recoil, then after like 6 rounds the recoil compensation kicks in, turning your rifle slowly to a lazor beam.

4. Because of "number 3" tab and burst fire has higher recoil and is less accurate than just simply going spray and pray.

Now lets combine these facts together and you will find out that having your first 10 rounds being B Tier Ammo is not just more efficient, instead depending on your play style it can also be more effective. 

- first rounds will hit more likely AND will wreck hatchlings without wasting your top ammo AND in theory will make your recoil compensation kick in earlier.

N1shazu
17 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Not everybody follows meta laws.

It's a matter of preferences, some players put tracer rounds each amounts of bullets or at the end of the magazine, other only use HP rounds. Is it dumb cuz they aren't the best ammo in the game ?No. What's dumb it's to think that "efficiency" is an universal set parameter, when it is really much dependant on your play style and your setup.

davidj123456

A lot of people who are new to the game and generally not very good at it tend to assume that "good gear makes you play well"
So they'll get to Level 30 or 40 which doesn't take too long and start using best in slot everything... but it is expensive... so the thing I generally see them save on is ammunition... and it happens all the time...

I saw a level 11 guy on Customs yesterday with AACPC, ExFil, and Meta HK416.... loaded with combo of M856A1 and M855...
Today I saw two guys on Reserve both with Slick Plate & Altyn. Level 27 and Level 32. One had Meta MP7A2 with Subsonic SX and the other had a Meta M1A with Thermal loaded with TPZ SP...

Kinda funny when it happens and when they die because of it...
Or when they think that just because they have good gear they can tank anything coming at them and they die to the first person with good ammo...

DatGreatKhan
12 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

1. Igolnik has higher recoil than BT 

2. Tap fire and small bursts have a chance to freeze your gun, so that even though you press and hold left mouse button, your gun just wont fire - happens especially with AKs

3. auto fire recoil works weirdly in tarkov, when going full auto your first shots have increased recoil, then after like 6 rounds the recoil compensation kicks in, turning your rifle slowly to a lazor beam.

4. Because of "number 3" tab and burst fire has higher recoil and is less accurate than just simply going spray and pray.

Now lets combine these facts together and you will find out that having your first 10 rounds being B Tier Ammo is not just more efficient, instead depending on your play style it can also be more effective. 

- first rounds will hit more likely AND will wreck hatchlings without wasting your top ammo AND in theory will make your recoil compensation kick in earlier.

1. Unless you don't know how to build a decent gun, that is a terrible argument for shoving a higher damaging, higher penetration ammo under trash ammo.

2. That is not true, that's a bug that has to do with switching between full auto and single fire over and over again. Haven't had this issue ever when tap firing or burst firing at people. Maybe you are referring to something else, but I feel like you are talking about that.

3. I understand that - you have to  pull down the first few bullets and then just hold. Tarkov has a cap (vertical recoil) on how high the weapon kicks before it stabilizes the spray for you. Unless the person has *terrible* aim or didn't test out their weapon before using it, I don't see the point in wasting ammo just to get to better ammo. In most situations, I think you'd prefer someone dead in less bullets than more.

4. That isn't entirely true... again it depends on vertical recoil for the gun. I can tap fire/burst fire with a gun that is 100+ vertical recoil and it doesn't make it "less accurate". You simply reset after shooting a shot and then aim and shoot again.

I'm sure it depends on play style but for PVP wise, I would never want to dump 15-30 rounds of trash ammo on someone running an Altyn/Gen4 or other higher tier armor before reaching good ammo - that gives them even more of a chance of killing me.

As for the hatchlings, I agree that yeah no one wants to waste good armor pen ammo on a hatchling, but you aren't going to run into hatchlings all the time. And if you do, simply just headshot them. Lol.

DatGreatKhan
12 hours ago, N1shazu said:

Not everybody follows meta laws.

It's a matter of preferences, some players put tracer rounds each amounts of bullets or at the end of the magazine, other only use HP rounds. Is it dumb cuz they aren't the best ammo in the game ?No. What's dumb it's to think that "efficiency" is an universal set parameter, when it is really much dependant on your play style and your setup.

I never said anyone has to follow a "law" - you play how you want. This wasn't a serious post either, idk why people are taking it as such.

If you are trying to kill someone, which this game is essentially revolved around (quests, xp, player/scav/raider loot) - why would you want to use more trash ammo first? I understand the concept of putting tracer rounds at the end of your mag, because that tells you when you are out. But in no way do I find it helpful to put tracers (and I'm talking about trash tracer rounds like BT that has low armor penetration) on top of high pen armor ammo. I'm using 5.45x39 as an example - Igolnik -> BT. There is no possible explanation for someone bringing Igolnik, jam it in two 60 round mags, and in the third put BT for the first 30 shots, Igolnik last 30 and have that loaded in your gun. You run into a geared player with level 4-5+ armor, you are not going to kill them unless you have all the time in the world to waste 30 bullets just to get to the "good" ammo. That is not efficient.

Efficiency is important in this game if you want to kill people fast and effectively - why in the world would you torture yourself by going through 30 bullets of an abysmal ammo on someone with decent armor? The longer you are shooting at them, the better the chance they have at shooting back - and killing you. Being efficient is important in just about any game if you want to be better at it - your argument is lacking a backbone completely for that.

GeneralBrus
15 hours ago, DatGreatKhan said:

2. That is not true, that's a bug that has to do with switching between full auto and single fire over and over again. Haven't had this issue ever when tap firing or burst firing at people. Maybe you are referring to something else, but I feel like you are talking about that.

absolutly true, i can recreate this with every gun in the hideout, basically when you press and hold your mouse click BEFORE your gun is done shooting it wont fire, this happens mostly with slow fire rate guns and is getting worse when your FPS drops and with server lags.

gets me, and many others killed all the time. 

not really a bug tho, seems more like a not refined game mechanic.

TUALMASOK
On 9/17/2020 at 8:31 PM, chrisragnar said:

And because if you want to be efficient, the first rounds or mag will be high quality pen ammo because the first min you are most likely going to shoot other PMC's. Then the rest of the mag next best and usually much cheaper ammo sins if the fight escalates into using your whole mag, it's probably just gonna come down to spraying and praying at the end.

So it's totally impossible that someone has run out of their good ammo and doesn't have time to unpack 20 odd rounds before adding in their PS first?