Sign in to follow this  
Trofii

Stutters

Trofii

So my PC isn’t horrible, but tarkov struggles on reserve very badly, this is the only map I struggle on, and if anyone has a setting change I should make to fix this please let me know.

my specs are as follows

Ryzen 5 2600X 6 core

16GB DDR4 ram 3200hz

samsung evo 970 SSD 500GB

2tb hard drive, I think blue not sure

1650 GeForce 8Gb

i play on low setting cause I’m not here to sight see, but my game still makes this map unplayable. Any other map I load into in like a minute and play at 120+ FPS, my FPS is capped at 70. I can post settings screenshots tomorrow as I’m not at my pc today. Thanks!

Edited by Trofii

DissAbledGamer
5 hours ago, Trofii said:

So my PC isn’t horrible, but tarkov struggles on reserve very badly, this is the only map I struggle on, and if anyone has a setting change I should make to fix this please let me know.

my specs are as follows

Ryzen 5 2600X 6 core

16GB DDR4 ram 3200hz

samsung evo 970 SSD 500GB

2tb hard drive, I think blue not sure

1650 GeForce 8Gb

i play on low setting cause I’m not here to sight see, but my game still makes this map unplayable. Any other map I load into in like a minute and play at 120+ FPS, my FPS is capped at 70. I can post settings screenshots tomorrow as I’m not at my pc today. Thanks!

I recently spent a day trying out different overclocks and came across something, anectdotally, interesting. The stutters main or majority of the causes seem to be the actual Memory (DDR#) and its compatibility with the Graphics card. What I mean by that is the harmony between the two, not maxing its settings. 

I realized this for my personal rig as I was undervolting my system in general trying to see lowest limitations for stability and tying to figure out manual overclocks. When I undervolted my memory I stuttered severely compared to stock settings, so I went the opposite route and tried to overclock as much as possible and got my memory to about a 15% boost, but I noticed more stutters than stock UNTIL I overlocked along with additional mV for my GPU as well. My stutters have since diminished significantly compared to before.

What I gather from this is trying to best figure out your systems best synchronization between the GPU and your RAM. I would look up tutorials on how to do both and fiddle with them. Maxing out everything isn't the solution, it's the fine balance, so hopefully this anectdotal experience helps you.

For reference I have 2080 super / ti / titan (used to be for work) and all of them required completely different settings, further reinforcing my experience. The most stable card out of the 3 was actually the 2080 super, which makes sense because I'm sure it has similar binning as the 2080 ti but toned down a little leading to better stability. 

The overclocking and attempts were made on my gaming rig with Ryzen 9 3950x, I tried playing on my work rig with a Threadripper 3990x but it seems to crash a lot on that one ( I blame it on my attempts to "overclock" it when it's not really meant to be overclocked XD).

Once the 3090 is launched and in my hands, I'll see if the stutter returns with my current OC settings to see if my working theory is still accurate with the new line of GPU's being launched.

Edited by DissAbledGamer

Trofii
20 minutes ago, DissAbledGamer said:

I recently spent a day trying out different overclocks and came across something, anectdotally, interesting. The stutters main or majority of the causes seem to be the actual Memory (DDR#) and its compatibility with the Graphics card. What I mean by that is the harmony between the two, not maxing its settings. 

I realized this for my personal rig as I was undervolting my system in general trying to see lowest limitations for stability and tying to figure out manual overclocks. When I undervolted my memory I stuttered severely compared to stock settings, so I went the opposite route and tried to overclock as much as possible and got my memory to about a 15% boost, but I noticed more stutters than stock UNTIL I overlocked along with additional mV for my GPU as well. My stutters have since diminished significantly compared to before.

What I gather from this is trying to best figure out your systems best synchronization between the GPU and your RAM. I would look up tutorials on how to do both and fiddle with them. Maxing out everything isn't the solution, it's the fine balance, so hopefully this anectdotal experience helps you.

For reference I have 2080 super / ti / titan (used to be for work) and all of them required completely different settings, further reinforcing my experience. The most stable card out of the 3 was actually the 2080 super, which makes sense because I'm sure it has similar binning as the 2080 ti but toned down a little leading to better stability. 

The overclocking and attempts were made on my gaming rig with Ryzen 9 3950x, I tried playing on my work rig with a Threadripper 3990x but it seems to crash a lot on that one ( I blame it on my attempts to "overclock" it when it's not really meant to be overclocked XD).

Once the 3090 is launched and in my hands, I'll see if the stutter returns with my current OC settings to see if my working theory is still accurate with the new line of GPU's being launched.

Well thanks for trying I guess lol, I just needed to know if I needed to overclock or duck with settings, thanks.

RainmakerM4

3080 is out hit buy damnit

DissAbledGamer
17 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

3080 is out hit buy damnit

3080's were sold out within 5 minutes of any tech store opening. People were camping out at my local best buy the night before to get this card.

I would rather buy the 3090 as to not deal with Nvidia's history of releasing something slightly better at the same price point whenever purchasing anything under the TI / Titan class cards. 

Just remember the 20 series with its super class only few months after its release, at least their top of the line card was not outdone by another card. That is why I always purchase the highest tier so I don't get F'd like so many others do who buy the "budget" cards... although they are far from budget when considering 500+ but I digress, I don't want to get shafted like I did before. 

RainmakerM4
21 hours ago, DissAbledGamer said:

3080's were sold out within 5 minutes of any tech store opening. People were camping out at my local best buy the night before to get this card.

And thats whats wrong with people its idiotic

DissAbledGamer
On 9/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, RainmakerM4 said:

And thats whats wrong with people its idiotic

I agree with the idiot part ONLY because Nvidia already decided to upgrade 3080 to a 20gig in its next series of releases LOL another F U by team green to the earlier buyers like RTX 2060 70 80 with the release of its "supers" that's why i dont buy low / mid anymore if I buy from Nvidia, it's all or nothing for me because they usually don't have anything higher than their top tier until next gen. They don't pull this bs on the highest cards. 

yonderbee
On 9/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, sillent said:

Op watch this video and do what he says it honestly made the game 1000x better than me it stopped ALL stutters and i get a steady 60 fps thanks to panjo

Havana_Cola
Posted (edited)

@disabledgamer

the Ryzen 9 3950x has lower base/boost clocks than the 3900 and unity/tarkov will not use that many cores which means you are actually getting lower fps for a much higher price.

this is called a petf - penis enlargment therapy failure.

the second petf happens when you buy the 3090 which currently provides like 10% more gaming power than a 3080 - if you can get one.

what you are suggesting to other players with your overloaded gaming pc is that if you buy expensive poo you get a better experience which is just not true as was posted countless times before...of course, youre rig is the exception...because youre such a great guy.

also your reasoning about ram+gpu harmony needs to be backed up by facts not just your gut feeling.

how did you measure the perfomance increase?

how long did you measure?

at what times did you measure?

- tarkov servers can be very overloaded in the main playing hours.

why didnt you guy the egde of darkness edition if your shitting money? corious... maybe its just talking.

Edited by Havana_Cola