colbae

Insurance, Flea Market, and Vendors

colbae

EFT Devs,

I would like the suggest a change in how insurance returns and flea market sales work.

Now I really quite enjoy the idea of insurance, and it helps IMMENSELY, especially as a low level. I typically get most of my gear back from insurance, which helps me stay in the game. I am not always relying on scav runs to finance my PMC (which is how previous wipes have ended up). On the same note, when I do manage to kill a PMC or loot up some nice gear, it is nice to sell it on the flea market and fund more PMC runs.

The issue lies in this incredibly low "storage time" in which insurance returns or flea market sales are only stored in your mailbox for 1-2 days. As a result of this, I end up losing TONS of gear and money, and it makes it hard to justify insurance because I do not know if i can play the game tomorrow, the day after, etc. to be back in time to claim my returns.

I consider myself a pretty avid gamer, but I am also a student, and I have a career that requires me to work an erratic schedule. I just cannot plan on having free time, especially multiple days in a row. This almost DETERS me from playing this game, because in order to utilize the helpful tools like the flea market or insurance, I basically have to plan on playing the game multiple days in a row. For example, Monday night, I was able to play EFT. I initially thought I would be able to play Tuesday and Wednesday. That did not end up working out, but all of my insurance and flea market returns had already expired, so I lost EVERYTHING from Monday night. Very frustrating. What is the value to the game that I lose these things. I understand wanting to keep your community engaged, but at the same time, I can not seriously be expected to play this game every day.

Another frustrating feature is all of these item limitations. Some items, like grenades, I can understand. Something like level 3 body armor I cannot. Am I expected to find my armor in raid, or focus more on PVP to get more gear? This may require a simple explanation, but I just feel it makes the game harder for me in an unnecessary way

I quite enjoy the game, and I think you have done a great job. I am excited for the future of this game, so keep up the good work

chrisragnar

Unfortunately unlimited time to claim insurance comes with the issue that it makes stash storage trivial if you are willing to have everything in insurance limbo. 

Even if you don't have time to play I suggest you just log in to claim, should not take too long.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Oh and in case you missed it, therapist insurance has a longer time to claim, but it will cost more unfortunately. But maby that would work for you.

Edited by chrisragnar

GeneralBrus

I'd rather have it so that everything gets a bit cheaper, than to have this weird insurance system. Like cool idea, but everyone is just using this to drop your loadout, hide it when you found too much gear to carry...

colbae
11 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

Unfortunately unlimited time to claim insurance comes with the issue that it makes stash storage trivial if you are willing to have everything in insurance limbo. 

Even if you don't have time to play I suggest you just log in to claim, should not take too long.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Oh and in case you missed it, therapist insurance has a longer time to claim, but it will cost more unfortunately. But maby that would work for you.

It doesnt even need to be unlimited. Just longer, even something like a week or two. Logging in every day just isnt possible. What if I am on holiday?

Or they could make it so you cannot enter raid until you claim insurance returns. This would make it harder to be abused, yet still doesnt punish those like myself

10 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

I'd rather have it so that everything gets a bit cheaper, than to have this weird insurance system. Like cool idea, but everyone is just using this to drop your loadout, hide it when you found too much gear to carry...

As you have pointed out, this is already somewhat abused

Antmax

I had the problem where early on I did a whole bunch of quest/tasks and forgot to collect the rewards until a few days later. Ran out of time on about 6 missions and loads of gear. I was so used to just checking insurance with Popov that I completely overlooked the tasks which were also on a timer. Was pretty gutted because those tasks were hard to come by, at least I got the XP and managed to finally reach the flea market.

Inateno

Same issue here, not specifically about insurances because I know that if I play and wont be up in the next days I just don't take the insurance (and lose my poo for real).

The real problem is selling stuff on the flea, I crafted many times tons of ammos, sold them on the shop and went on week-end trip, back on monday or tuesday and all the money is gone to "no-one" ??

I mean, limiting time for gear makes sense because players use it as extra storage, but for getting the money from  what you sold is non-sense and is a terrible experience for players like me who craft a lot to get money, then play "just a few games" (and lose a lot lol I'm used to it that's why I craft a lot).

Didn't played for 3 weeks now because I'm still frustrated of losing 2 millions of crafting lol.

Please at least change this, money don't really require storage.