Sign in to follow this  
mattix

Escape from Tarkov will never be the game that it should be

mattix

Tarkov will never be a PVP focused game. Which is sad, because the PVP is the only thing that tarkov does right.

-Thank You

• Sad 1

S5_Mr_Wiggle
3 hours ago, mattix said:

Tarkov will never be a PVP focused game. Which is sad, because the PVP is the only thing that tarkov does right.

-Thank You

in you're mind mabey.

i would say they did pvp right if they fixed the desynch and radar.

Ai in tarkov is slowly showing improvements between being skynet and a drunk tard who is sleep deprived.

they do however get level details perfect and the atmosphere of the world right.

chrisragnar

It's a PvP game right now. Or is this another cry about not getting fir on player equipment?

• Upvote 1

Mariner

It’s amazing the amount of people that think EFT is, or should be, just another dumb battle royale game.

To be fair, at the moment that’s pretty much what the game is but hopefully we’ll start seeing a move away from that towards the original idea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

chrisragnar
41 minutes ago, Mariner said:

It’s amazing the amount of people that think EFT is, or should be, just another dumb battle royale game.

To be fair, at the moment that’s pretty much what the game is but hopefully we’ll start seeing a move away from that towards the original idea.

As much as I like fighting PMC's and player scavs. Iv been enjoying the pve content more lately, it's just more consistent. 

I hope we have a wipe where they test more pve with a dash of PvP. Right now even when you try to do pve missions you tend to run into more PMC's than bots and player scavs on a mission.

HighGround33

I'd love to know what op thinks the game "should be", but, from the lack of effort in the post I'm guessing it's just some kind of poorly made bait. BSG are the ones who know what the game should be, and from the go I was excited about their idea. For example I can't wait for the Karma system, I've been looking forward to that for years, something to really separate the game from others out there. I think that if BSG doesn't listen too much to the player base we will be better off. By and large - they know what the issues are, they are making the game with an eye to the future of the studio, Russia 2028, and that is going to be all that matters at some point going forward. It's great they are testing their skills and getting a lot of these mechanics tested and put into the game, so that they can continue their legacy. Complainers and critics aside, the game is different, it's not for everyone, and while there are obviously problems from technical issues to community interaction/management, I hope they stay true to their vision and learn from all of this. That will make every game from BSG "what it should be", imo.

mattix
14 hours ago, Morrra_Morrra said:

I'd love to know what op thinks the game "should be"

Sure.

I firmly believe that tarkov should have been a pvp focused game from the very beginning. My ideal version of tarkov would be something with 64+ player servers, community run, where I could get my fill of pvp, without having to wait 5-10 minutes in between lives for another go. I grew up playing such games that offered those options.

Games like Call of Duty 1, 2, & 4. And Battlefield 2 & 2142. Sad to say the franchises I grew up with no longer appeal to me. Infact they regressed and devolved into utter garbage aka bf1, 3, 4, 5 & anything post 2009/10 cod. My only other option was the hardcore community, but games like Arma, Dayz, Squad, Hell Let Loose, went in the opposite direction and became less fun on purpose to simulate a hardcore environment. Those games aren't hardcore, they're just frustrating. The gameplay isn't very good at all. You just spend more time walking and in the spawn screen then actually doing anything important. It's like the devs of hardcore games dont want you to actually play their games fully, because you'll realize just how awful they really are.

Tarkov is the only games that comes close to being that perfect game. The pvp is literally phenomenal. Damn shame it's held back by the other half of tarkov. Tarkov scratches an itch I did not know I still had. I thought I grew out of videogames years ago, but everytime I play tarkov I'm reminded of just how good games used to be and still can be.

GhostZ69

I am sorry that you think the PvP is great in Tarkov.  If it ever gets "fixed" I think it will have the opportunity to be great, but there is no way I would consider the mess we have now is "great."

1Widerstandny

There are 2 types of players in Tarkov and no, not Chads vs Rats

the first one are players, with Arma and DayZ backround. These want the hardcore type of Tarkov. They want a even more harder shooter.

the 2nd one are the CoD, BF, Halo, CS PUBG Players, who want an easy going shooter.

in every patch we have this fight. Some think, it´s not hard enough (Arma backround), other think, it´s not PvP enough (CS/CoD backround). But remember. the patch who´s got a rollback was intented to remove or more likely under mine these bunnyhopper from the CS/BF/CoD faktion.

EfT will never be a PvP-only shooter. Originally EfT was planned as Russia 2028, a single-player shooter with an heaviely story focused gameplay.

But that was to ambitious for Nikita and his 5 man dev-team at this point. So they decided to get the "easier game, multiplayr type shooter" we currently so much like.

That mean, EfT was never intendet to be a PvP-shooter

Edited by HijackDallas

BESK
2 hours ago, HijackDallas said:

EfT was planned as Russia 2028, a single-player shooter with an heaviely story focused gameplay.

That would have been a good decision, now knowing the situation with all the cheaters and RMT etc.