whoonga

Server connection problems

whoonga

First raid of the day around 9 AM CEST, sarting on woods, with a ping of 200 in the loading screen. I tried to reconect several times, after 4 times it wouldn't pass "Awaiting Session Start". Also tried to restart the game 3-4 times, still not going pass "Awaiting Session Start".

Then played one raid on customs with no problems at all.

Third raid, this time on customs, around 10 AM CEST, same as on woods. But I could not even join ingame, it wouldn't pass "Awaiting Session Start".

I tried to open up a support ticket but got an error message saying that I reached my daily limit!!

Wasted ammo about 300k roubles in this two raids. Now I'm stashing my ammo in the safe container and start filling in my magazines at the beginning of each raid.

DerSuperbob

If you use a VPN (virtual private network) this connection problems will no more appear! Just google VPN, or "install VPN".

It seems like Vodafone and T-Online (at least these 2 european providers) dont want us europeans to play EFT.

As soon as you activate VPN, your internet provider can`t see what you are doing, that is the time when no more connection problems appear.

wWolfw
On 9/19/2020 at 11:18 AM, DerSuperbob said:

If you use a VPN (virtual private network) this connection problems will no more appear! Just google VPN, or "install VPN".

It seems like Vodafone and T-Online (at least these 2 european providers) dont want us europeans to play EFT.

As soon as you activate VPN, your internet provider can`t see what you are doing, that is the time when no more connection problems appear.

Yes this is happening to me! I can’t play the game without a vpn. I’m using Vodafone in Ireland before I use to be able to play no problem.

but with vpn I have high ping and sometimes gets disconnected mid game...

Redbuffalo

Honestly it's because these servers are trash.  I can download multiple HD movies while playing other games online without any issues.  This stupid game, I get server connection issues about 3 times a match, without anything being downloaded or any apps running in the background.  This means that I have a minimum wait time of 3 minutes to get back into the game.  Seriously just lost a decent bit of loot after killing a PMC and then the game immediately crashes, crashes again in the middle of reconnecting and then just plain kicks me out back to the main menu.  Don't even bother taking your PMC in, unless you have the gear to spare, until they figure out that the servers need work.   Which in all seriousness they never will because they already have your money and are suckering new people in all the time.   I honestly hope they just make this into a pve offline since the game only halfway functions properly when playing offline.

whoonga

The last couple of days went pretty good. No major problems that I can remember. Maybe the 10th "minor technical update" has fixed most of the connection problems. I am not using a VPN, this should not be the solution to the problem.