Sign in to follow this  
DukeLander

I don't like him, but...

DukeLander

... but he is mostly right. And he has some good suggestions.

Your 5¢?

• Sad 1

GavTheMighty

I 100000000% agree with him on everything he says even his suggestions are good ones. The game in it's current state is linear and more about grinding to get meta stuff so you can then compete on equal footing with others that have meta stuff. Or you play as a Rat trying to get scraps from the Meta geared players.

The things I see posted often on these forums or on streams or on reddit etc are always along the same lines people complaining about this and that based on their own perspective and then you have the fanboys countering their rants and brushing aside those same complaints. The problem with that is all these people tend to look at things from a slanted view point. You have the casuals, the streamers, the fanboys and so on...........But when making suggestions or looking at what's best for the game we need to look at what's best for everyone as a whole the "Average Player". I say this because of all the dumb Git Gud comments or Fanboys who live in denial like some I see on these very forums that will insist on either playing good cop, bad cop or pretend that there really aren't any issues. The average player probably can't play 8 hours a day, the average player will never Git Gud they will be playing for fun, the average player will be the one that buys EFT and then leaves a month later because of how the game is.

You might not give a crap about the average player, you might say those people don't belong in a game like Tarkov but it's those people that will keep the game alive and provide revenue to Battlestate and those same people that will allow you to carry on enjoying the game and not be trying to enter raids for 5 mins because of lack of people sure it might be fine now but do you think it will continue forever like this. A lot of the fanboys and veterans and even big streamers are starting to desert or complain a lot louder now about all the issues......... Remember it only takes one lemming to jump and the rest will follow.

Edited by GavTheMighty
  • Upvote 2

DukeLander

Yepa, this end game gear/currency is very good sugestion.

I'm playing now with vepr and adar because meta is so boring for me.

But with restrictions on meta items is not boring anymore :)

TUALMASOK

He makes some very valid points and has some good pointers on how to fix those issues. My friends and I are having much more fun on raids where we can explore, loot and engage hostiles in the way that Eroktic described. The run, gun and grab play style is not what Tarkov used to be, this is not an arcade shooter like CoD, but it's what it's turning into.

Speznat

tarkov now feels like call of duty. its not tarkov anymore. it tunred form niche and nice game to garbage. 

Now its like every other shitgame out there it does the same like everyone else, its just sad. How such a good idea turned into bullshit.

and here are just a few points for me:

Bullet damage is a joke, its to less damage, make every bullet more devastating please.

Map time is a joke make it longer.

no spawns of ai and players in the alst 30mins of the map.

really sad how tarkov tuned to mainstream poo.

Edited by Speznat

AlphaPhiAlpha

No spawns of AI or player scavs last 30 minutes? What do you want to do then? Just loot your ass off without any risk? Sounds super fun and absolutely hardcore

gkcx2002
1 hour ago, Speznat said:

tarkov now feels like call of duty. its not tarkov anymore. it tunred form niche and nice game to garbage. 

Now its like every other shitgame out there it does the same like everyone else, its just sad. How such a good idea turned into bullshit.

Bullet damage is a joke, its to less damage, make every bullet more devastating please.

What so you can extract easier? 

Blunt3dge

How can you not like eroktic, his videos are quality. Deserves a lot more subs and tells it like it is.

TheHappyMile
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Speznat:

the problem is not damage, the problem is the availability of armor. without, more weappons and other ammo-types would be more relevant.

map-timers should be minimum doubled as in the "good old times" xD

don't get why AI should not spawn. I'd even say let more of them spawn with better gear. Player-Scav's should only spawn in the second half of a match

Tarkov is not garbage. the meta is. 

Am 21.9.2020 um 15:01 schrieb DukeLander:

I'm playing now with vepr and adar because meta is so boring for me.

it's definetly worth to try other ways to play. problem obviously is that all the meta-kids still sprinting and jumping around. 

I'm using guns and armor I find in raid. it's way more diverse stuff to play with, but there's no way a normal AK and class 4 can compete against end-game gear. still fun, but only if you do not want to participate in every PvP-fight

MegaMlaticka

I understand his point and his opinions BUT...this is like in every PvP online game...
There was/is/will be always something "best" that people wanna play with to have advantage on others.
Look at WoW...everyone wants the best
Division...everyone wanted the best gun

This is like in every game...and i dont think there is a solution for balancing the game.

Pryzies

I actually really like this guy and watch him all the time. Shame that Eroctik and BattleState had sort of a falling out with each other when in reality, in his own way, he's been trying to make the game better for years now. His suggestions are encapsulated in criticality but still. There should be no room for pride in game development. 

DukeLander
1 hour ago, MegaMlaticka said:

I understand his point and his opinions BUT...this is like in every PvP online game...
There was/is/will be always something "best" that people wanna play with to have advantage on others.
Look at WoW...everyone wants the best
Division...everyone wanted the best gun

This is like in every game...and i dont think there is a solution for balancing the game.

Yeap, but problem is, from moment you have flea market access , you can get end game gear.

And to get lvl 10 in eft is not so hard...

usethewiki

I feel like he is mad that the game isn't staying fresh to people that have played it for thousands of hours and I find it a very unrealistic  for people to not run "meta" especially when you can apply the same meta culture to any game that has any type of competition.