Sign in to follow this  
MyAcrimony

Constant late spawns

MyAcrimony

Does anyone have a cause to these late spawns? It is 100% not on my end, as I pay for 1gb per second internet, game is on SSD, my PC specs are way over qualified. But constantly get a minute or two late spawn, especially on interchange and reserve. I've changed my servers to anything that has under 50 ping and still, I have no chance of getting anywhere on the map cause I'm plagued with everyone already set up on the map and/or loot is taken. It's getting a little out of hand and seriously irritating.

GhostZ69

Not enough people playing to fill servers.  Just quit until next wipe.

MyAcrimony

Seems like a half-assed response from a community veteran. If the servers had trouble filling up, I could see waiting 5-10 minutes per match, but I find a match within 1-2 minutes and still spawn late. 

• Sad 1

GhostZ69
21 minutes ago, MyAcrimony said:

Seems like a half-assed response from a community veteran. If the servers had trouble filling up, I could see waiting 5-10 minutes per match, but I find a match within 1-2 minutes and still spawn late. 

No, it is not half assed.  If you bothered to search your topic before making one you will that this problem goes all the way back into the Alpha phase.  I myself have made at least 3 or four topics on this very thing.  If you can't be bothered to go and look at all of those posts then I am not bothered to hand feed you every line to explain to you how it works.  You find a match in 1-2 minutes because the match is ALREADY in progress before it decides to give you a spot.

MyAcrimony
Just now, GhostZ69 said:

You find a match in 1-2 minutes because the match is ALREADY in progress before it decides to give you a spot.

Wow, maybe if you led with that, you wouldn't come off as a dick. The whole point of the forums is to ask questions and get them answered. If you were bothered by my post, you could've kept scrolling. Instead, you wanted to be a dick and boost your post count. Thanks for answering my question, I guess. Seems like a stupid and harmful way to do things, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69
Just now, MyAcrimony said:

Wow, maybe if you led with that, you wouldn't come off as a dick. The whole point of the forums is to ask questions and get them answered. If you were bothered by my post, you could've kept scrolling. Instead, you wanted to be a dick and boost your post count. Thanks for answering my question, I guess. Seems like a stupid and harmful way to do things, but it is what it is.

Wow, maybe if you had hit that little search button in the upper right corner and searched "late spawns" you would not come off like a baby wanting to be spoon fed.  You asked.  I answered.  You don't like the answer, don't bother replying.  I never wanted to be anything except to help answer your question.  I do not care about my post cost.  lol I am not here for fake internet points.  Notice in my signature I do not ask for upvotes like a lot of people.  I do not give a flying crap about that stuff.  Next time try hitting that search button, Like the forum rules say you should, not not ask the same thing that has been asked a 100 times before with a non-changing answer.

I will absolutely apologize if I did come off to you as what you called me.  I am sincerely sorry if that is how it made you feel.  Seriously.

MyAcrimony

I also apologize for my use of words. I was taking my frustrations out with the wrong means. 

I did follow your advice and did a bit a research and found a podcast with Nikita explaining late spawns and such. Which now makes sense, but still sucks in the long run. I now see why you chose to respond the way you do. 

Cheers mate.

GhostZ69
12 hours ago, MyAcrimony said:

I also apologize for my use of words. I was taking my frustrations out with the wrong means. 

I did follow your advice and did a bit a research and found a podcast with Nikita explaining late spawns and such. Which now makes sense, but still sucks in the long run. I now see why you chose to respond the way you do. 

Cheers mate.

I still could have been a little more diplomatic.  It's all good though.  We worked our way through it like two adults.  I have been advocating them removing late spawns for YEARS, but alas they can't or just won't.  I am not sure which one is worse...  The inability to, or the unwillingness.

MyAcrimony
On 9/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, GhostZ69 said:

The inability to, or the unwillingness.

It’s neither, if I can understand Nikita from his podcast with streamers. The reason is because, his words, everyone loads tarkov differently. So to provide the most optimal load in times, it’s the way it is. If he lowers the timer of response time, say kick people who can’t load the game in 5 minutes, he argues if that would upset more people than fix the issue.  

• Sad 1

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, MyAcrimony said:

It’s neither, if I can understand Nikita from his podcast with streamers. The reason is because, his words, everyone loads tarkov differently. So to provide the most optimal load in times, it’s the way it is. If he lowers the timer of response time, say kick people who can’t load the game in 5 minutes, he argues if that would upset more people than fix the issue.  

That has nothing to do with this topic.  We are talking about the programmed in mechanic of late spawning.  Not anything to do with how fast a computer loads.  Completely different topic.  What you are talking about "could" be mitigated largely but would require a complete rework of the way loading Tarkov works.  Not a lot of work, but far more than what the dev's are capable of doing.

MyAcrimony

I’m pretty sure Nikita explaining why there is late spawns has literally everything to do with this topic. Considering the OT was me trying to figure out a cause or why late spawns was happening. HIS reasoning, cause you know I clicked the little search button at the top, is that everyone loads tarkov differently. different connection speeds, different response times, and/or he even goes on to say your SSD is old and writes and rewrites memory slower and slower as the cells degrade. I can go find the podcast for you, or you can search for yourself. Sure, we know of potential possible fixes. But at the same time, we are just two people of the EFT community and be willing to bet neither of us owns a game or game development company. 

• Sad 1

GhostZ69
2 hours ago, MyAcrimony said:

I’m pretty sure Nikita explaining why there is late spawns has literally everything to do with this topic. Considering the OT was me trying to figure out a cause or why late spawns was happening. HIS reasoning, cause you know I clicked the little search button at the top, is that everyone loads tarkov differently. different connection speeds, different response times, and/or he even goes on to say your SSD is old and writes and rewrites memory slower and slower as the cells degrade. I can go find the podcast for you, or you can search for yourself. Sure, we know of potential possible fixes. But at the same time, we are just two people of the EFT community and be willing to bet neither of us owns a game or game development company. 

Again, you misunderstand about people taking loading into a game late because of old hardware or bad internet and the game INTENTIONALLY loading you into a game that was already in progress before you ever hit the join button.  Not sure how else to explain it to you.  

STUFFINurPIE

I love when people who dont want to help in any way, just simply want to belittle you go out of their way to respond even though they have no obligation. Then they follow it up with being a complete asshole as if you personally asked them the question and not a forum.... Ghost, youre a tool and need a serious self evaluation. Go eat a bag of penis'. You could have linked previous topics or led with that instead of being a douche canoe. My question is why are player scavs unable to spawn into raids with more than 15 minutes left in a raid but please dont respond because it wont be helpful and youll make yourself look even more like a twat. 

Viezenz
On 9/18/2020 at 11:34 PM, MyAcrimony said:

Last wipe I played mostly factory nights on NA servers and would often be the only player there. People would spawn late for 10 minutes or so.

12 hours ago, STUFFINurPIE said:

My question is why are player scavs unable to spawn into raids with more than 15 minutes left in a raid but please dont respond because it wont be helpful and youll make yourself look even more like a twat. 

Dunno if anything changed, I stopped playing scav over a year ago.

But back then you could spawn less then 5 minutes into the raid as a scavitron.