GeneralBrus

ideas about wipes

the future of wipes  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like wipes in general?

• I love wipes, the games needs them to stay fresh.
    • I hate wipes, dont want to do all of this again.
    • I dont really care about wipes, i love tarkov regardless.
  2. 2. What do you think about seasonal optional wipes like PoE does it?

• great idea, would make us all happy.
    • bad idea, because... ( pls tell us why you think so)

GeneralBrus

So first of all, we all know that there are lots of players that say:

"damn... im done with the quests and there is nothing left do to, so tarkov is dead for me now.... dang it! i want a wipe"

And then there are folks like me that say:

"Oh dear Glukhar in heavens... not again a wipe, i swear ... if i need to find another one of those flashdrives I WILL KILL MYSELF...."

And now these opinions aside, the devs have stated multiple times that there wont be wipes after relese, HOWEVER they said some kinda system like path of exile has could be added.

So i encourage all of you, the entire community to come up with ideas and to contribute with your oppinions.

I feel like this is indeed very much needed considering that BSG cant make decisions just by listening to us crybabies with all of our :" no dont do that, ill quit the game, bla bla bla"

• Upvote 1

GeneralBrus

Lets talk about seasonal optional wipes like PoE does it,

if this gets implemented, here is how I think it would work:

So basically you have your main PMC, and then when its season to do a wipe you can create a second PMC which gets placed in a separated server with all the other players that want to contribute in this.

you can always pick between your Main PMC and your second PMC however, your main PMC cant play with those who want a wipe, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't feel like a real wipe.

then when the new season ends and the next one starts, your second PMC gets combined with your main PMC, so that all the gear and EXP that you made will be added to your main PMC, that way it will encourage ppl to join the fun of the wipe seasons and it all wouldn't be for nothing.

• Like 1

coredumped7893
On 9/19/2020 at 8:07 AM, GeneralBrus said:

So basically you have your main PMC, and then when its season to do a wipe you can create a second PMC which gets placed in a separated server with all the other players that want to contribute in this.

Generally speaking I like your idea, it would make game more interesting for longer (especially after end game).  Unfortunately I`m a little worried about number of players and matching times. What I mean is that on some servers regions/countries this can lead to big queue time (because there would be not enough players). Maybe in the future this could work well (I don`t have problem with waiting for 6-7 min)

On 9/19/2020 at 8:07 AM, GeneralBrus said:

then when the new season ends and the next one starts, your second PMC gets combined with your main PMC, so that all the gear and EXP that you made will be added to your main PMC, that way it will encourage ppl to join the fun of the wipe seasons and it all wouldn't be for nothing.

This can work good with open world concept.

GeneralBrus
59 minutes ago, coredumped7893 said:

Unfortunately I`m a little worried about number of players and matching times. What I mean is that on some servers regions/countries this can lead to big queue time (because there would be not enough players). Maybe in the future this could work well (I don`t have problem with waiting for 6-7 min)

Agree, however it seems to me, and I have noticed this in the community in general, and the poll seems to show so far that the community is about split in half when it comes to wipes.

If it stays like that by creating enough incentive to take part in these seasons, then I believe it shouldn't effect matching times too bad.

chrisragnar

Would be good, but also sucks to split the player base. And I get the feeling most people would object to making it basically just a character reset for those that want a wipe and keeping it one large playerbase.

davidj123456

We are in a testing phase. We need as many people playing and testing the game as possible. Without wipes certain things will not be tested.

• Upvote 1

Majlo

Having two "worlds" (one persistent and one seasonal) would split the player-base. I don't really like the concept of splitting the player-base.

• Upvote 2

GeneralBrus
1 hour ago, Majlo said:

Having two "worlds" (one persistent and one seasonal) would split the player-base. I don't really like the concept of splitting the player-base.

okay, so what else could be done?

GhostZ69
2 hours ago, Majlo said:

Splitting 100,000 players is no different than having a 50,000 player community because the other 50,000 quit because of no wipes.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

420SWAGGG
9 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Splitting 100,000 players is no different than having a 50,000 player community because the other 50,000 quit because of no wipes.

I completely disagree.

50,000 players wont leave just because of a wipe in the first place so thats grossly inaccurate and you nor i even know this estimate or how to begin doing so. (Id hit the sad or confused icon if i were you)

also even if we split the playerbase to 2 sets or 1 set of 50,000 your still halving the playerbase are you not?

Google games that have split playerbases and witness the likely outcome.

keyciraptor

wipes are mandatory. they are needet. bsg doesnt wipe cause they just did lose a bet and now they have to. Its not something you can answer with should we or not.

If you guys would programming a game, you would understand it. it has to be done. There are small updates which are specially in a row like this so they dont have to wipe and ofc bsg does the contents which needs a wipe in bigger updates. Thats also why some stuff like armor vests cant be done in the hotfixes, even when it is ready to be implented. they need to collect the content which needs a wipe and bring them togheter in one big update so they have to wipe every one and then and not every update.

we can talk a lot about wipes, in the end it doesnt matter. for some informations you also need a fresh database. it is how it is, wipes are necessary in this state of the game.

• Confused 1

GhostZ69
20 minutes ago, 420SWAGGG said:

I completely disagree.

50,000 players wont leave just because of a wipe in the first place so thats grossly inaccurate and you nor i even know this estimate or how to begin doing so. (Id hit the sad or confused icon if i were you)

also even if we split the playerbase to 2 sets or 1 set of 50,000 your still halving the playerbase are you not?

I am sorry you mistook my arbitrary numbers as something more than they were.  No matter what numbers you want to put those, the fact remains that if there are no wipes after release the player base will be split.  The ones playing and the ones that quit because they are bored.  That is a FACT.  Look at how many people play right after a wipe now and how many are playing three months after a wipe, and now, we are even having content updates between wipes.  Imagine if there was none of that?

You probably think the number is less than 50% will quit quickly and I think more than 50% (of older beta players) will quit pretty quickly if there are no wipes.  Either of us could be right.  But even if you are, you are STILL losing part of the player base.

I don't need to google about games that have split the player base.  I know two that are HUGELY successful because of it.  Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.  And BOTH of them have a much Much MUCH better gameplay loop than Tarkov has right now.  So, unless something super magical happens between now and release, most people here understand what is going to happen without seasons or something similar.

11 minutes ago, keyciraptor said:

wipes are mandatory. they are needet. bsg doesnt wipe cause they just did lose a bet and now they have to. Its not something you can answer with should we or not.

If you guys would programming a game, you would understand it. it has to be done. There are small updates which are specially in a row like this so they dont have to wipe and ofc bsg does the contents which needs a wipe in bigger updates. Thats also why some stuff like armor vests cant be done in the hotfixes, even when it is ready to be implented. they need to collect the content which needs a wipe and bring them togheter in one big update so they have to wipe every one and then and not every update.

we can talk a lot about wipes, in the end it doesnt matter. for some informations you also need a fresh database. it is how it is, wipes are necessary in this state of the game.

Did you even read beyond the title?

Majlo
2 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

okay, so what else could be done?

They could make the gameplay sufficient so that there would never even be the feeling of a "need for wipe" apart from self character-resets.

If the seasonal thing would've had rewards, you can add some sort of "optional limited time events" (which could be "seasonal" long in duration) in the game instead of seasonal game world/character.

For me, a "seasonal" mode would be completely dead content for me. I'd never even touch it, as non-permanent progression (which would probably have a seasonal leaderboard) have no value to me. I couldn't care less about seasonal wipe stats, I'd just continue my way on my "main" character. I'm sure plenty others share my thoughts to some degree.

GeneralBrus
55 minutes ago, keyciraptor said:

we are talking about the final release, we all agree that this needs to be done during development

GeneralBrus
1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

Look at how many people play right after a wipe now and how many are playing three months after a wipe,

not an argument, i hate wipes and i still play the first 2 days without sleeping.

why you ask? because not pushing to traders lvl2 and the first quests will give you an enormous disadvantage.

The community is indeed split into 2 parties, and also ppl that dont like wipes know that they need to take part in fresh wipes, otherwise they will be left behind.  

GeneralBrus
1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

I am sorry you mistook my arbitrary numbers as something more than they were.  No matter what numbers you want to put those, the fact remains that if there are no wipes after release the player base will be split.

but thats the thing! If you turn this around, it will by that logic still split the player base.

No more wipes OR regular total wipes will both make lots of ppl quit the game.

So my question is, how do we stop this? 

2 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

this is the thing, if we split the community with this Path of Exile optional season system, then at least ppl wouldnt need to quit the game.

GeneralBrus
1 hour ago, Majlo said:

If the seasonal thing would've had rewards, you can add some sort of "optional limited time events" (which could be "seasonal" long in duration) in the game instead of seasonal game world/character.

Sounds great!

GhostZ69
2 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

but thats the thing! If you turn this around, it will by that logic still split the player base.

No more wipes OR regular total wipes will both make lots of ppl quit the game.

So my question is, how do we stop this? 

this is the thing, if we split the community with this Path of Exile optional season system, then at least ppl wouldnt need to quit the game.

I don't understand...  Are you for the seasonal like system or not?  You are very confusing.

GeneralBrus
6 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

I don't understand...  Are you for the seasonal like system or not?  You are very confusing.

Im trying to stay neutral, however overall personally im against wipes, i enjoy late game and i dont like too much grinding

GeneralBrus

I just had another thought, what if everyone of these optional wipes had a twist to them, or even a specific theme? Like im not a rpg fan or something, but path of exile is all about these special seasons, and if i understand correctly everyone of them plays completely different.

So maybe season A could have no secured container.

Season B could have raiders on every map... you get the idea...

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69
19 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

I just had another thought, what if everyone of these optional wipes had a twist to them, or even a specific theme? Like im not a rpg fan or something, but path of exile is all about these special seasons, and if i understand correctly everyone of them plays completely different.

So maybe season A could have no secured container.

Season B could have raiders on every map... you get the idea...

I think that is kinda what the people that want "seasons" are asking for.  Even without that, just doing a wipe and everyone getting that rush at the start of fresh servers.

Let's still leave the original game there, untouched for those that want that experience.  Just give the other group that ability to scratch that itch of the new wipe.

Then, end of the season everything is shipped back to your normal account.

• Like 1

Luv2ruck
On 9/21/2020 at 11:53 AM, 420SWAGGG said:

I completely disagree.

This game has sold 1.5million copies. And the player base is around 150k or less. They don't care about losing people.