GSutt

Feels like I'm in an abusive relationship (Getting bad performance)

GSutt

Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30Ghz

16gb Ram (DDR4)

GTX 2060 KO

500 Gb SSD (I forget the model)

Hello fellow PMC's, 

If you didn't pick it up from the rather depressing title, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Essentially every map I hop on (except factory), I get nothing but copious stutters and constant fps dips. Don't get me wrong, the game is still semi-playable; its just that I cannot for the life of me get this enigma of a game to run reliably. All I want is for the game to run smooth. I fully understand that this is a tall order considering that we are talking about Tarkov here; but I really do love this game, but given how unstable my gaming experience is when I do play it, I feel that I almost have to force myself to play. In the rare occasions when I do get a reliable-enough raid, I remember how beautiful and satisfying this game can be. I made a post a couple month ago when I had a GTX 970, but after purchasing a GTX 2060 KO, I honestly don't feel any increase in game performance at all. All things considered, I prolly am an idiot and am not doing something that I prolly should be. But I have watched and listened to an nearly all of those "Get better FPS in Tarkov" videos that are out there. Don't get me wrong, some of what they said may have helped, but considering how choppy and uncomfortable it is to play Tarkov, it doesn't feel like much has changed.

(TLDR)To summarize: The constant stutters and choppy gaming experience is honestly grinding me down. I want to love Tarkov so much, but every time I play I am afraid of gunshots and any and all engagements (PMC's and Scavs alike). Because I know that if I get shot at or try to ambush someone, any follow up shots I try to make will be all over the place because I can't aim to save my life when I only have 30 frames to work with. I fully understand that I need a CPU upgrade, but I honestly feel that I should be getting a much better gaming experience with the equipment that I have. Any advise for what I should do is very much appreciated.

GSutt
3 hours ago, sillent said:

I'll give this vid a try. I've seen it a few times in my Youtube feed, but I guess this is my last hope haha

Yesbin
9 hours ago, GSutt said:

Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30Ghz

16gb Ram (DDR4)

GTX 2060 KO

500 Gb SSD (I forget the model)

Hello fellow PMC's, 

If you didn't pick it up from the rather depressing title, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Essentially every map I hop on (except factory), I get nothing but copious stutters and constant fps dips. Don't get me wrong, the game is still semi-playable; its just that I cannot for the life of me get this enigma of a game to run reliably. All I want is for the game to run smooth. I fully understand that this is a tall order considering that we are talking about Tarkov here; but I really do love this game, but given how unstable my gaming experience is when I do play it, I feel that I almost have to force myself to play. In the rare occasions when I do get a reliable-enough raid, I remember how beautiful and satisfying this game can be. I made a post a couple month ago when I had a GTX 970, but after purchasing a GTX 2060 KO, I honestly don't feel any increase in game performance at all. All things considered, I prolly am an idiot and am not doing something that I prolly should be. But I have watched and listened to an nearly all of those "Get better FPS in Tarkov" videos that are out there. Don't get me wrong, some of what they said may have helped, but considering how choppy and uncomfortable it is to play Tarkov, it doesn't feel like much has changed.

(TLDR)To summarize: The constant stutters and choppy gaming experience is honestly grinding me down. I want to love Tarkov so much, but every time I play I am afraid of gunshots and any and all engagements (PMC's and Scavs alike). Because I know that if I get shot at or try to ambush someone, any follow up shots I try to make will be all over the place because I can't aim to save my life when I only have 30 frames to work with. I fully understand that I need a CPU upgrade, but I honestly feel that I should be getting a much better gaming experience with the equipment that I have. Any advise for what I should do is very much appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem, I have a decent setup that is easily capable of play EFT but I get constant littering and fps drop espiecally on encounters and also been kicked out of servers for anticheat which I have never done on any game ever?! Incredibly frustrating and puts me off playing the game itself which is sad because when it works I love it.

GSutt
6 hours ago, Yesbin said:

I have exactly the same problem, I have a decent setup that is easily capable of play EFT but I get constant littering and fps drop espiecally on encounters and also been kicked out of servers for anticheat which I have never done on any game ever?! Incredibly frustrating and puts me off playing the game itself which is sad because when it works I love it.

I followed the video to the letter, and I am getting noticably better frames. I'll get back to you after a week to see if it all hold up, but it's looking like there is hope haha