Blookie

Thoughts on Flee, progretions and replayabilty

Blookie

Hey Dev team. 
First of let me thank all of you guys for your hard work on a great game ^^ 

A side form all the "normal" issus people have with the game, I find it kind of annoying that you can't reset your account. 

I think a way to fix some of the issus people come with regarding replayabilty and hiting the "endgame" to fast can be fixed with a few "simple" changes. (might be alot of work but what do i know)

First, make people able to reset there account, so they can start from scratch if they wanna do something different. 

Second, Make a "hardcore mode" option. It takes away the flee and make all you quests have "find in raid" on the item for when they need to be turned in. people on "hardcore" would still play on the normal severs. 

Third (if not allready in the game), make it so you can get items from offline mode but they dont have the  "found in raid" status. 

Fourth, Futher limit what can be sold on flee and ad more barder trades and items you can buy from the traders, so you just cant buy the "meta" stuff on flee, you would have to ether get them in raid or buying/trading them from traders. 

This was just some of my thoughts on some changes to the game. 

Blookie

GhostZ69
25 minutes ago, Blookie said:

First, make people able to reset there account, so they can start from scratch if they wanna do something different. 

You can.  Just reset your profile on the webpage.  However, that will NOT fix what people want.  Anyone can just dump thier account.  These people want EVERYONE to be starting over.  They want that rush of everyone needing everything.

27 minutes ago, Blookie said:

hardcore mode

That might be interesting and probably not too hard to do.

28 minutes ago, Blookie said:

Third (if not allready in the game), make it so you can get items from offline mode but they dont have the  "found in raid" status. 

They have already said that will NEVER happen.

28 minutes ago, Blookie said:

Fourth, Futher limit what can be sold on flee and ad more barder trades and items you can buy from the traders,

Good idea.  Of course needs refining and stuff, but right now a person never has to much of anything the way the flea market is working now.

• Confused 1

Majlo
43 minutes ago, Blookie said:

Second, Make a "hardcore mode" option. It takes away the flee and make all you quests have "find in raid" on the item for when they need to be turned in. people on "hardcore" would still play on the normal severs. 

People who want a "hardcore mode" can impose these rules and restrictions on themselves. There's no need for the developers to make the separate mode for those who want to play like this.

44 minutes ago, Blookie said:

Long ago, in a far off time now remembered as "Alpha version", you would keep your progression and loot from all your offline raids. This was made for improved testing ability. The developers have since then removed this feature, as the deemed it not necessary anymore and that it broke the economy and made things too easy (you could go into offline and do everything without having to deal with other players).

This feature has been removed and is not coming back.

47 minutes ago, Blookie said:

Fourth, Futher limit what can be sold on flee and ad more barder trades and items you can buy from the traders, so you just cant buy the "meta" stuff on flee, you would have to ether get them in raid or buying/trading them from traders.

Personally I think both "found in raid" and the flea market are mistakes, and neither should be in the game in the first place. Especially not as currently implemented.

"Found in raid" is an arbitrary bullshit mechanic. If a trader asks for an item for a task, then why does it matter where I got it from (if all the trader wants is the item itself)?
If the trader wanted be to get the item myself specifically or from a certain place or off of a certain enemy, then such should be specified (and only when specified does such a mechanic make sense).

As for flea market... The current version of flea market is too powerful for EFT. It's amazon/ebay/whatever in a cut-off area of the world. There's no risk putting anything up, and there's no risk buying. It's instant and easy. Not very Tarkov-like (when I say Tarkov-like I mean in relation to the "original vision").
The flea market shouldn't have been implemented until much later down the development. It should be an in-raid physical action like with physical on-location traders.