ImDOPE

Give us a Replay system

ImDOPE

THX

Edited by ImDOPE
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

BeardedQBall

Just curious and I am in no way trying to be mean. As this game is a "As real as playable" game, you have to understand. When you die, there is no camera in the real world... why should there be one in a realistic FPS game?

Eisenwanst
vor 31 Minuten schrieb BeardedQBall:

Just curious and I am in no way trying to be mean. As this game is a "As real as playable" game, you have to understand. When you die, there is no camera in the real world... why should there be one in a realistic FPS game?

Okay, in my opinion, we dont need a replay system. But "realism" is not an argument. We have all sorts of fancy stims, jumping from roofs, adad strafing and all kind of unrealistic stuff. Maybe tarkov should be something like a milsim at the start, but that time is looooong gone 

But hey, why no killcam? Because someone will see your topspecialsecret sniperspot? Come on, everyone knows where this superspots are. I mean, of course, a replay at the end of the raid, not right after a death. 

Edited by Eisenwanst
  • Like 1

BeardedQBall

Can I ask in what world where a game is based on realism... would you have a camera or any kind of birds eye view of the bullet that nailed you. Let alone where it came from.. lets also look at things this way, there is no kill cam because, when you die you can't relay intel to a friendly. That and the fact when you get put down thats all she wrote. 

WarTraveller
3 hours ago, BeardedQBall said:

Can I ask in what world where a game is based on realism... would you have a camera or any kind of birds eye view of the bullet that nailed you. Let alone where it came from.. lets also look at things this way, there is no kill cam because, when you die you can't relay intel to a friendly. That and the fact when you get put down thats all she wrote. 

The same world where I can tell my brother over discord where the enemy that killed me came from, what weapon and ammo he killed me with, how much damage I dealt and so on. Replays can easily be locked until the raid ends, or your squad dies - just like PUBG had done quite some time ago.

The realism card lost it's power the moment we could fix blackened limbs/bunny hop with 40 kgs on our backs and two broken legs/ overdose on magic potions that regenerate wounds and thicken skulls.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

BeardedQBall
7 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

The same world where I can tell my brother over discord where the enemy that killed me came from, what weapon and ammo he killed me with, how much damage I dealt and so on. Replays can easily be locked until the raid ends, or your squad dies - just like PUBG had done quite some time ago.

The realism card lost it's power the moment we could fix blackened limbs/bunny hop with 40 kgs on our backs and two broken legs/ overdose on magic potions that regenerate wounds and thicken skulls.

Ok.. so you openly pulled away from immersion by using external communications. Which lets set this to the side and say you used it and just STOPPED TALKING after death. That would bring you into immersion. However, I see the want to be able to relay all that information after you are dead. Who wouldn't be mad about dying, and want to see that person dead after all. 

That aside and taking into consideration lets say overdosing on medications and jumping or as you say bunny hoping ect. I'm not sure if you have seen what human beings have had to do in time of war..... but, 40kgs with two broken legs with splints and fighting for your life with adrenaline flowing. You will find whatever power you have in your body to eat morphine and adrenaline to make it out of the hell you are in. Unless you just eat the bullet like someone with no guts. 

ImDOPE

There is not a single negative side on having a deathcam/replay button after the game OR if your team is dead.

I know a deathcam this is not takeing the hacker issue at the his root but if you combine a replay system with a report system we sort out salty reports and basicly taking away alot of work from bsg to look into all the salty reports.

I think i can ignore the dumb argument about realism it is already debunked.

Edited by ImDOPE
  • Like 1

oldirty

Having access to a demo file for the entire raid would be massivly beneficial for so many reasons. We live in an age were content creation on youtube has massiv impact on a games popularity.

This would be an insanely powerfull tool for them and it could be an aid in cheat reporting, although I think that is a bit limited and not as strong as people think it is.

It would also have huge benefits for the arena mode depending on how they wish to implement it, if its gonna be a purely competitiv envirement it would be awesome to have viewers and analyse battles and tactics.

If done right it would not impact gameplay in any way or form.

• Upvote 2

ImDOPE

The main reason for a deathcam/replay button should not be to create content for streamers.

The main reason for a deathcam/replay button is simply to relieve work from BSG to consentrate on other things and to just clear a fight situation with potential to spot hackers way easier.

I think for the community to just replay a fight or death from the killer perspective alone is so much value.

And i would suggest that a report is only possible after watching the the Deathcam/replay button. So we avoid salty reports too.

TrypticONLINE

We need a kill-replay. Just make a killcam that you can only activate once your entire team is dead, and if you're solo, instantly.

ShiroTenshi

Nikita already stated there won't be a Kill Cam. It was considered for a while, but then he announced this decision during one of the podcasts. Not the latest one, but one of the ones before it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Timo-chi
On 9/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, ImDOPE said:

THX

I mean why not just use shadowplay or some other app to record your gameplay and watch it after you die if you really need it? since implementing something like that is not really needed...

ImDOPE
vor 24 Minuten schrieb Timo-chi:

I mean why not just use shadowplay

I use shadowplay, that helps a little bit to spot people but it doesn't show the unusual behavior of these weird suspect players.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Nikita already stated there won't be a Kill Cam

He should reconcider his decision.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Timo-chi
5 minutes ago, ImDOPE said:

I use shadowplay, that helps a little bit to spot people but it doesn't show the unusual behavior of these weird suspect players.

I mean it should be enough for you to decide that if they are suspicious enough to be reported, since it is not like you have to be 100% sure since you are not the one to ban them 😃

ImDOPE
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Timo-chi:

I mean it should be enough for you to decide that if they are suspicious enough to be reported, since it is not like you have to be 100% sure since you are not the one to ban them 😃

Its not enough to maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe know its maybe suspect.

Even with a replay button we are not 100% sure but it just helps alot, you also have the potentiol to combine the replay system with a report system.

Edited by ImDOPE

Timo-chi
3 minutes ago, ImDOPE said:

Its not enough to maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe know its maybe suspect.

Well how is it going to be different from killcam/replay of your death?

Cause they are not gonna use their resources for you to be able to see the situation from their perspective.

Edited by Timo-chi

ImDOPE
Gerade eben schrieb Timo-chi:

Well how is it going to be different from killcam/replay of your death?

wtf, do you know what a deathcam is?

Timo-chi
3 minutes ago, ImDOPE said:

wtf, do you know what a deathcam is?

Yes, look at the message.

And kill cam is not an option since you can use it to give info, so it wouuld be replay of what you saw at most.

Edited by Timo-chi

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Nikita already stated there won't be a Kill Cam. It was considered for a while, but then he announced this decision during one of the podcasts. Not the latest one, but one of the ones before it.

Nikita also stated the game was going to be as Realistic as possible.  He changed his mind on that.

Nikita also stated that the game would be as Realistic as playable.  He changed his mind on that.

Who are you to say he can't change his mind on a deathcam? 

LoL

Timo-chi
1 minute ago, GhostZ69 said:

Nikita also stated the game was going to be as Realistic as possible.  He changed his mind on that.

Nikita also stated that the game would be as Realistic as playable.  He changed his mind on that.

LoL

Well if he does then this game is a CoD remake...

ShiroTenshi
5 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Not saying he can't. Never said that. What i am saying is that until he does happen to change his mind, this info is the latest official info we have and THAT is the only thing we can rely on for now.

GhostZ69
2 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Not saying he can't. Never said that. What i am saying is that until he does happen to change his mind, this info is the latest official info we have and THAT is the only thing we can rely on for now.

Ok, my bad.  I tend to take things at face face value and misunderstood what y our intent was.  It seemed to me it was a 'Hard no.  Nikky said...". But was more of a "Last time Nikky said no...". Thanks for the clarification and sorry.

7 minutes ago, Timo-chi said:

Well if he does then this game is a CoD remake...

A very poorly implemented clone is what it has already turned into.  Just look at what they did with the compass even after they basically said it would NEVER be a HUD element...  Yet there it is a HUD element.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hyperborean_

We need a killcam right now even if it does get removed from the final product, but for now we should at least have one so we can assist with feedback on the rampant cheating, desync and hit detection issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1