Uberplum

Extremely long network load times when: (1) Loading Out of a Raid; (2) Accessing the Flea Market and (3) Viewing trader inventories.

Uberplum

I have seen this issue reported several times in the past. As per the title, excessive loading times, whenever trying to do anything in the menu that involves connecting to BSG servers. In particular, waiting on average 3-5 minutes after every raid before being returned to the menu. Waiting 3-5 minutes for the flea market to load, after it has become "stuck". Waiting 3-5 minutes to access some trader inventories, presumably because prices or stock are updating and needing to contact BSG servers. 

It seems to affect some users but not others.

It is unrelated to hardware, it is a network issue.

It is not an issue of speed - I can personally fix the issue by switching from my 1GBPS fibre connection to using 4G connection via my iPhone. The game actually loads instantly and perfectly over my 4G connection. Better than over my fibre connection. This makes no sense. 

What is the cause? It is literally faster for my to CTRL+ALT+DELETE after every raid and restart the whole client than it is to sit and wait for the game to load. 

Issue seems to be getting worse. Please any suggestions to fix it? 

Edited by Uberplum
  • Upvote 2

mirorego

I have the exactly same issue, although for me it's always almost exactly 50 seconds lag.

And the issue manifests for me when I'm idle in the character stash for at least 7 minutes - meaning not accessing traders or flea market - examining and I think even moving items doesn't count. I can replicate it 100% of the time this way by link searching (stuck flea market).

Switching to tethering also seemed to fix the issue.

Messages gets stuck in this way as well, although I could not reliably replicate that.

I'm having this issue for months. I hope you submitted the bug report, although it doesn't seem to go anywhere so far for me, despite multiple videos, logs and testing results posted, despite me changing firewall and router settings, turning off apps, etc.

It's really frustrating.

Are any of you experiencing the infinite matchmaking bug as well by any chance?

Also are any of you from Europe? Slovakia by any chance?

I'm having 1 gbps connection btw.

mirorego

Multiple people are having this issue btw, see here:

mirorego

@ChechenRebel @Uberplum Did you find any solutions by any chance?

As described in the other thread, the only thing that helped me was changing the router, or specifically having a dedicated router instead of a modem handling the routing as well.

ChechenRebel
On 11/21/2020 at 1:25 AM, mirorego said:

@ChechenRebel @Uberplum Did you find any solutions by any chance?

As described in the other thread, the only thing that helped me was changing the router, or specifically having a dedicated router instead of a modem handling the routing as well.

Unfortunately not.