This game is unplayable for new players

DarthPanda24

DarthPanda24

I have played about 10 offline matches, felt comfortable with the map and mechanics. Even though they take a lot of getting used to. However my biggest complaint is that anytime you jump into an online lobby, mind you I am playing as a SCAV just to keep learning. It is impossible, of the 6 matches Ive played as scav, within 1 min, I get bum rushed by some player and die.

Then the cycle continues, wait 20min for a new scav and try again. only to die with in the first 1 min. I dont want to hear "get good" or any of that crap, the fact is the barrier between a new player and experienced is probably months worth of grind and yet when you sit in a lobby for 10 min for a match to load, plus wait 20 min to respawn without fear of losing loot. It becomes impossible to even have the game time required to compete. 

It is a really off putting game, even though it has some serious promise

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Get good!  lol nah, I feel you man. It's rough especially this  late into a wipe.

This game, for new players at this point, you have to play very carefully.

I was raging yesterday because I got killed in Shoreline with 25 seconds. so I definitely feel you. I have over 300 hours played. This game is random. You will be randomly killed even when you know everything about the maps and game mechanics.

I can't remember what you need for it, but your "Hideout" upgrade "Intelligence Center" or intelligence something cuts the Scav time from 20 minutes down to 17 minutes I believe, it lowers the amount of time you have to wait on Scav respawns anyway.

Then you can go in with your PMC using just a pistol. I still do that sometimes when I'm having a bad luck streak. Play slow, stick to bushes and cover, pay close attention to audio queues. Don't "play slow" while crossing a wide open area though, if there's no cover, sprint to cover if you can get sniped at from numerous angles. I always try to avoid areas like that.

I started off learning Customs and think it's a good map for new players. Some people say otherwise. I also like Reserve, as there are lots of extracts for Scavs. I usually always do my Scav runs on Reserve.

A lot of it is situational awareness, knowing what angles you can get hit from.

Sometimes I'll just do offline raids in between Scav runs to better learn the maps.

The amount of times I've gone in on my PMC with nothing other than a cheap pistol and a few rounds of ammo and came out with armor, vests, two guns and a backpack full of poo...

It's a tough offputting game and that's just the reality of it, but when you start to learn the routes and start surviving regularly, it's a great feeling.

And I don't really suggest camping players, avoid PMCs at all costs. If you hear others approaching you can often stay silent and they'll pass you by. The amount of times I've proned in a bush while a geared Chad literally steps overtop of me without noticing me is immense. When I first started and was hiding, and people started getting close to me I'd just panic and open fire on them-- and hey sometimes I'd get a kill but more often than not they were wearing strong armor and ended up killing me. I wasn't camping either, just trying to not die lol. But then I realized like, most of the time they won't see you. Keep your gun aimed downward too because the barrel can poke out of bushes and poke through doors if you're hiding behind one. Maps like Reserve have so much cover that you can often just sprint away from people approaching you and you'll be OK.

But yeah, you're going to die a lot, especially since the wipe is about four or five months in at the moment.

I realy hate to say it but the game is a Hardcore something you just need to get better.

Even Nikita is saying that. It has a high learning curve and more to it than just aim.

It seems like all the kids coming from Fortnite or COD and can't handle the learning curve.

Lets say there is a new wipe right, even than it would be hard for new players maybe even harder than now because the quest spots are WAYYYY more populated than currently.

DarthPanda24

Defiants, Thanks for the solid advice I will start trying to use that to help me

Yeah I just tried going as a PMC in Reserve because thats the map I have been playing on and know the best. (still not very well)

I heard gunshots all around me got into a house, sat in a closet with the door closed so hoping they would run by, sat there for 5 min and nothing, so I assumed I was clear to move, opened the door took 2 steps and this guy came running through the building and 2 tapped me. I moved a total of .21 Km that match

"I realy hate to say it but the game is a Hardcore something you just need to get better.

Even Nikita is saying that. It has a high learning curve and more to it than just aim.

It seems like all the kids coming from Fortnite or COD and can't handle the learning curve.

Lets say there is a new wipe right, even than it would be hard for new players maybe even harder than now because the quest spots are WAYYYY more populated than currently"

^^ At least his response was helpful, this type of reply does absolutely nothing to help. Nice of you to be a keyboard warrior and assume I'm a kid who played fortnite and COD. I understand there is a learning curve, and that I suck and need more practice. However the only way to get better is play, and when you die and lose what already underpowered loot you have its almost impossible to improve as a player. So I appreciate your high horse "Get Good" response but you can offer some better advice to new players next time

Just being able to level up in offline mode and take some low level loot out would help. I cant gain experience in online because I die instantly, and the whole point of the game is to level up and loot and grind for the top tier stuff. Its incredibly frustrating and something I probably wont be playing again. I really liked the gameplay and the idea of it but as a new player it is not a viable game to play and have fun at.

20200928_170130.jpg

Edited by DarthPanda24

I see that every day. Level 1 Level 5 people running reserve or shoreline or what ever and trying to loot.

LEARN THE FRECKING GAME, do task, learn the spawns, learn the basics instead farming rubles WTF.

Edited by ImDOPE
  • Sad 1
DarthPanda24

Instead of moaning and complaining about new players sucking at the game then, offer some valid advice.

What map should a new player start on to learn?

What tips do you have for playing as a SCAV or PMC?

What low level weapons should one use?

This could of been a way better response on keeping a new player in the game but yet, once again in the gaming community you have to put down someone who is just trying to learn the game while offering not once a solid piece of advice on how someone should improve. 

I really appreciate it

• Like 1

I thought you are already did your research on these things in terms of youtube guides what so ever.

Most likely the tasks are bringing you to the maps. Search a the map on google plan where you go before raid.

Im not the best guy to give tips on tasks or pve farming poo, im only pvping and hate tasking and farming items to the death.

Join the official discord, search people to play with you alwayse learn there.

Edited by ImDOPE
  • Sad 1

Yeah to be honest, I'm at the point where I'm likely going to uninstall. The community of the game is really just something else. I don't actually experience  firefights anymore. It's always just some douche in a bush camping and it's like... Ok I'm dead... GG...  That used to be like maybe one in five of my deaths but these days it's literally all I've been experiencing over and over. That seems to be how the average person plays these days, just find a bush and camp it for a half hour. I never actually see other players moving around, I just die...

I think a lot of the changes they've made has forced people to play this way or go broke and it's... not fun whatsoever. Maybe at the beginning of a wipe where we're all on equal ground but I started quite late. It doesn't matter how good of aim you have when some dude lurking in a bush lights you up. Doesn't matter what your map knowledge is, unless you're grenading and prefiring literally every single corner. Because that's just how people play Tarkov nowadays-- they just lurk and wait. I'm level 22 and have 7.5m rubles and I can't get these quests done anymore lol. Seems the past week it's just gotten worse or I've just had really bad luck I don't know, because I felt I was actually doing pretty good there for about a month. Everytime I bring in good gear it seems like I die exponentially faster to such an extent that I genuinely feel like there are people in almost every match with ESP hunting down players that are geared. It really just doesn't make any sense to me. The alternative is that I'm being spotted all the time when I go in ungeared but they don't figure killing me is worth it? I dunno.

I think dying to someone I can actually see just makes it a bit less ridiculous. The fact that I'm generally dead before I even spot them because they have some really nice hiding location with great angles on people... I dunno. I watch people on YouTube and they'll get shot and survive and be able to fall back and heal then reengage and I'm like how? How does that work? How do they survive more than one bullet lmfao because I never do...

At the end of the day though it's the community not the game that is the issue. If everyone just plays like an absolute rat then... well this is what happens. Why play the game lmao. Congratulations to the General Sams of the world, teaching people how to ruin the game for literally everyone including themselves because when there's no one actually running around playing who are these idiots going to camp. They'll all just sit in a bush until the end of the match then flail around trying to extract. Now that's the special Olympics...

• Upvote 1

If you are totally new and don't have a chance to level up, I wrote a guide with my teammate for total beginner containing maps, advices, loadouts for newbies. Maybe you find something valuable and helpful here: 

Edited by BialaMewa
coredumped7893
7 hours ago, DarthPanda24 said:

Instead of moaning and complaining about new players sucking at the game then, offer some valid advice.

What low level weapons should one use?

This could of been a way better response on keeping a new player in the game but yet, once again in the gaming community you have to put down someone who is just trying to learn the game while offering not once a solid piece of advice on how someone should improve. 

I really appreciate it

What map should a new player start on to learn?

For early quests - customs.

For looting MY favorites are: Reserve and Interchange

This depends what play style do you prefer. But for the beginning: pushing more fatty players is not very wise
You should develop your own style, yes, this will require some time, but just keep going. My first ever raid ended in about minute. I got naded almost right away. This game is designed to be hard, and surly it wont hold your hand. 
Reading and watching some guides would definitely help

Edited by coredumped7893
coredumped7893

Just being able to level up in offline mode and take some low level loot out would help

This is multiplayer game, so it needs real players. And by playing offline there would be no risk factor. you die from a scav? You get all items from insurance back, if not then you can just farm endlessly money. 

• Upvote 1
coredumped7893

Its incredibly frustrating and something I probably wont be playing again

Honestly it`s really hard to give you any advice. You started playing hardcore realistic shooter game and now you are angry because you are bad. Give yourself some time to learn. It`s normal that you won`t be good from day 1. And try to choose only one server to play on (on the launcher). Less popular = better, usually you will end up in a raid that has much less PMC players in the same lobby, soooo it`s easier to loot, kill scavs, do quests ect. ;) 

i know this is the last thing you wanna hear but we all started in the same spot learn 1 map learn the extracts  and loot locations and eat and drinl everything to get as much xp as possible then all you gotta worry about is pvp 

Betweenthelines
47 minutes ago, Defiants said:

Yeah to be honest, I'm at the point where I'm likely going to uninstall. The community of the game is really just something else. I don't actually experience  firefights anymore. It's always just some douche in a bush camping and it's like... Ok I'm dead... GG...  That used to be like maybe one in five of my deaths but these days it's literally all I've been experiencing over and over. That seems to be how the average person plays these days, just find a bush and camp it for a half hour. I never actually see other players moving around, I just die...

I think a lot of the changes they've made has forced people to play this way or go broke and it's... not fun whatsoever. Maybe at the beginning of a wipe where we're all on equal ground but I started quite late. It doesn't matter how good of aim you have when some dude lurking in a bush lights you up. Doesn't matter what your map knowledge is, unless you're grenading and prefiring literally every single corner. Because that's just how people play Tarkov nowadays-- they just lurk and wait. I'm level 22 and have 7.5m rubles and I can't get these quests done anymore lol. Seems the past week it's just gotten worse or I've just had really bad luck I don't know, because I felt I was actually doing pretty good there for about a month. Everytime I bring in good gear it seems like I die exponentially faster to such an extent that I genuinely feel like there are people in almost every match with ESP hunting down players that are geared. It really just doesn't make any sense to me. The alternative is that I'm being spotted all the time when I go in ungeared but they don't figure killing me is worth it? I dunno.

I think dying to someone I can actually see just makes it a bit less ridiculous. The fact that I'm generally dead before I even spot them because they have some really nice hiding location with great angles on people... I dunno. I watch people on YouTube and they'll get shot and survive and be able to fall back and heal then reengage and I'm like how? How does that work? How do they survive more than one bullet lmfao because I never do...

At the end of the day though it's the community not the game that is the issue. If everyone just plays like an absolute rat then... well this is what happens. Why play the game lmao. Congratulations to the General Sams of the world, teaching people how to ruin the game for literally everyone including themselves because when there's no one actually running around playing who are these idiots going to camp. They'll all just sit in a bush until the end of the match then flail around trying to extract. Now that's the special Olympics...

The genius idea of FOUND IN RAID for every item is what created the bush campers.

This is the worst wipe ever and the game is boring as duck.

8 hours ago, DarthPanda24 said:

Defiants, Thanks for the solid advice I will start trying to use that to help me

Yeah I just tried going as a PMC in Reserve because thats the map I have been playing on and know the best. (still not very well)

I heard gunshots all around me got into a house, sat in a closet with the door closed so hoping they would run by, sat there for 5 min and nothing, so I assumed I was clear to move, opened the door took 2 steps and this guy came running through the building and 2 tapped me. I moved a total of .21 Km that match

"I realy hate to say it but the game is a Hardcore something you just need to get better.

Lets say there is a new wipe right, even than it would be hard for new players maybe even harder than now because the quest spots are WAYYYY more populated than currently"

^^ At least his response was helpful, this type of reply does absolutely nothing to help. Nice of you to be a keyboard warrior and assume I'm a kid who played fortnite and COD. I understand there is a learning curve, and that I suck and need more practice. However the only way to get better is play, and when you die and lose what already underpowered loot you have its almost impossible to improve as a player. So I appreciate your high horse "Get Good" response but you can offer some better advice to new players next time

Just being able to level up in offline mode and take some low level loot out would help. I cant gain experience in online because I die instantly, and the whole point of the game is to level up and loot and grind for the top tier stuff. Its incredibly frustrating and something I probably wont be playing again. I really liked the gameplay and the idea of it but as a new player it is not a viable game to play and have fun at.

20200928_170130.jpg

i know this is the last thing you wanna hear but we all started in the same spot learn 1 map learn the extracts  and loot locations and eat and drinl everything to get as much xp as possible then all you gotta worry about is pvp 

Eisenwanst

Okay, first of all... I started last wipe in the middle of it. I get reckt the whole time. I had a SR about 25-30 % at the end of the wipe. But it was for two months about 10%. And i ran maybe 600 Raids. Most times i get killed. You have to invest a lot of Time. 10 Raids are nothing. Most players here have hundreds of houers and play for years. 10 Raids are nothing. 

Anyone complains about everything. The ones who hide in bushes complain about the chads who run around corners and prefiring everything. The agressive players on the other hand complain about the rats who shoot them in the back. And others crying abot thermals. At the end of the day, you have to play, what fits you. 

My favourite map is shoreline. In my opinion, customs and factory are meatgrinders. Especially for new players. Interchange is dark and has a lot of dark corners. Woods... well, woods is a sniper map. You can be lucky and barely see players or get shot from somewhere. Reserve is fun as a Scav but as a PMC not that easy.

When i started a shoreline run, i ran 100 meters away from the spawn and hide in a bush for the first ten minutes. I when i saw a player, i let them pass, except i could get a clean headshot. After this time, a lot of players are dead. Now is time to loot groundstashes, kill a scav or two, and extracting. Avoid the resort or the cottages. If you are familiar with one map, try the next one. Maybe interchange or customs. Learn the extracts, the player routes and the spawns. Learn to localize gunshots. Learn to move fast without making a ton of noise. Bushes are lava. Except you have to hide. Ammo is important. You can find good ammo in groundstashes. Learn where they are.

Otherwise, group up with friends. This game is a lot easyer that way. But its not necessary. 

I can tell you this. You will die a lot. And after that, you will die even more. But in three or four months, when they wipe the game, you will be ready. 

But stop complaining about the state of the wipe. If you start as a new player directly after a wipe, it would be the same. You are cannonfodder. Its all about your ability to learn and to keep up. And yes, to learn and have your first success, is the best part of this game.

Edited by Eisenwanst
  • Upvote 1

It's my first wipe and i started month late. Now i have everything maxed besides bitcoin farm 3 and solar power.  Money is very easy to farm. I actively engage in pvp and hunt noobs like you. Just git gud and stop crying or delete the game.

• Sad 3
chrisragnar

I can't help but feel like either you are fabricating how bad you are doing, well I won't go into the alternative. 

But honestly in 10 raids you should statistically, as a scav, have had several raids were you didn't run into any PMC's or player scavs. So I can't even understand how you died, fall out a window? 

Game is definitely not impossible for new players, you just have to find a way to play that works.

coredumped7893
2 minutes ago, Keptas said:

It's my first wipe and i started month late. Now i have everything maxed besides bitcoin farm 3 and solar power.  Money is very easy to farm. I actively engage in pvp and hunt noobs like you. Just git gud and stop crying or delete the game.

Yeah, calling people noobs and saying git gud is really helpful ¬¬

4 minutes ago, Keptas said:

I actively engage in pvp and hunt noobs like you

Yeah, you wrote another useful tip. 

4 minutes ago, Keptas said:

Just git gud and stop crying

Maybe if you are so pro, share with less experienced player with your knowledge and some advices?

demolancealiber

@DarthPanda24

I´ve been playing since nov 2017. At times I have been late starting after a wipe and its kinda rough at times. You have entered the game at the end of a wipe which has increased the difficulty considerably for someone new to the game. Map knowledge (spawns, hot spots, high traffic, loot, exits) is key and getting the experience will be tough at this point. 

What I did early on or when Im struggling is to not rush at the start of the raid. Take a moment and sit back and let the initial spawn firefights play out. Listen for where they are and wait a while to move around too much. You need to survive to learn the map and gain some knowledge. Once you have more experience with scav spawns and high traffic areas its easier to rush - you will know what to look for and your awareness has increased. Since its late wipe I wouldnt worry to much about your progression. Try to stay in the raid as long as possible. Loot, discover and get used to all the quirks of the game. This will benefit you far more when a wipe comes and the playing field is a bit more leveled. 

Happy hunting!

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, BialaMewa said:

Yeah, you wrote another useful tip. 

Maybe if you are so pro, share with less experienced player with your knowledge and some advices?

There is no magical advise that will make you better. Before starting playing I watched a lot lot of guides. Then I started to learn one map at the time. You need to know all pmc spawns and feel map dynamics during any given time and those dynamics are radically different depending on what map you are playing. I mean only few % of soldiers can become special forces so the same applies to this game. You need to learn a lot and use your head all the time. You can't play mechanically like CS or other fps games. The main advise i can give you use your brain and try outsmart your opponents and remember that dying is part of the game.

5 minutes ago, Keptas said:

There is no magical advise that will make you better

Yes, but no one expect there will be magical advice. 

First, you said: "I actively engage in pvp and hunt noobs like you", "Just git gud and stop crying", so I asked you to give better advice than this kind of comments.... Writing "get good" help new players for sure 😉 

Then you wrote about learning maps, watching guides etc. See? It was not so hard to write more constructive comment, but still not precise. 

What is the point of writing "get good" comments?

Edited by BialaMewa

And do missions it's the easiest to level up. Some missions needs some luck especially those on dorms or big red so best advise is to get there at the end of the match when all pmc's left. When you reach lvl 10 buy good ammo from market. Ammo is the most important thing in the game not weapon mods. There countless guides on youtube on this topic. 

• Like 1
Eisenwanst
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Keptas:

I mean only few % of soldiers can become special forces so the same applies to this game. 

I salute the Tarkov special forces. The mighty keyboard warriors. 

I am proud, to be on the same forum like this absolute elite.

• Cold 1