PING Limit?

Stuka8

Please change it to a general acceptable limit of 250.

I know it is hard for most humans to admit mistakes, but this is not about ego or pride. I Legally purchased this game because it had the option of playing with friends all over the world. I then upgraded to EOD, top support Battlestate. Whoever buys a game in Beta actually does so because he believes and hopes for the success of the development company. I would like to be refunded if you keep on with this tyrannic no-care approach to your dedicated support base. As it stands now, I have been scammed by Battlestate. My money was good enough for you when you needed it to pay your rent & Bstate employees. Now i when I need you to reassure me of original invested in this game.. you give me a nice Russian F.U.?

Do not forget to sometimes listen to your most loyal supporters, the Alpha guys.. streamers will come and go, don't door out this piece of art of a game..

Cheers

• Like 1
BeardedQBall

So let me get this right... You expect since you paid for EOD to get special treatment or respect? You purchased the game under the BETA tag. That right there should tell you that things are going to change A LOT. Ping limits are there for a reason. The fact you want to increase it up to 250 is scary. I think the highest ping I've had on a server I've played was 90.... and at that point lag starts to play a little bit of a role. 

both sides are somewhat correct. But for some of the folks from the late alpha days it really looks like that. The game didn't just change a lot. The vision might still be similar but it got really really casual. Watch streams and people play pre flee market and you will notice a big difference. It feels more hardcore, not so casual as it is. It is about survival, not calculating out what brings the most in the flee marked. The game kinda lost a lot of that hardcore feeling. Lately i watched some streams on twitch and what they are doing with their skills and everything is just some huge bullshit. bunnyhoping for example feels like bugusing to me. i totally understand stuka.

I mean, at least the devs don't just delete forum posts and stuff. The developers have to decide what direction they want to go and send out clear signals. As of right now, i can emphasize with people who think that they got scammed. 

To the ping issues, it sucks balls. When you have a bad connection for a couple of seconds then you get kicked. Nothing wrong with that. You get used to it. The worst think is the 5-6 minutes reconnect time. Can you even expect that your characker survives that long? 

• Like 1

@BeardedQBall

No, he's/she's saying that he/she expects and deserves to play the game (in whatever state it might be) with his/her friends and in other regions as the game is marketed and supposed to be a co-op experience.

The problem is, not everyone is perfectly geographically located to have pings lower than the minimum set.

The second problem which you most probably don't know about is the Asia region lock. Now, we ain't complaining as most of us would normally play on the Singapore server anyways, but for some people who live in the Middle East or something, where their IP's are classified under the Asian region are completely and utterly screwed as not only is the only viable server to play on is Singapore for the entire region, but also because of the geographical location, their ping variations might range from being ~100ms to ~200 ms and you get booted if you exceed 150, I think and I might be wrong on this number.

Now, I realize that the "ping limit" thingy is a bandaid solution to the cheaters problem + the server side and client side interpolation problem and the community feels safer knowing that the Asians are region locked, but it eventually has to go if they want to deliver on their promise of it being a multiplayer co-op game.

• Like 2
chrisragnar

Loyal supporters 😛 have you read the forums. It's basically just people first insulting, then demanding and finally threatening the Devs unless they get what they want.

Playing with 250 ping ruins the game for everyone els on the server. Maby if there were enough people to have separate servers where everyone has high ping. But I doubt it.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:34 AM, chrisragnar said:

Loyal supporters 😛 have you read the forums. It's basically just people first insulting, then demanding and finally threatening the Devs unless they get what they want.

Playing with 250 ping ruins the game for everyone els on the server. Maby if there were enough people to have separate servers where everyone has high ping. But I doubt it.

Okay, to provide some clarity -  So before the PING limits/regional new server rollout -  The option for any player from Africa/Australia/ New-Zealand /Argentina and other distant countries was that there was no "Server Choice" available. Unless you join a squad that pre-selected a specific server region, you will ALWAYS be connected to the closest server. For me it was usually Amsterdam at 190ms. (Quality of ISP is irrelevant, it is distance that has final outcome)

So when they opened up a new server in South Africa,  it forced the local community to only play on our 1 local server. The local player base just isn't nearly big enough to fill the local server so its discouraging new players and existing players to play.

As it stands, BSG made a big investment to rent servers in each distant regional country, only to then, lock those distant players in their new local servers. When you look at it now, it seems that this was the plan all along. If we have to believe the China-Hack excuse then why is a CHINA region lock not good enough. Remember the real reason what placed massive stress on BSG as a company, was when the massive spike in player base happen due to Dr.Disrespect & other streamers started Twitching the game. Lets not forget that BSG was so pleased that even the Doc got his own streamer item without him even realizing it. This resulted in poor planning or maybe just nobody could've predicted the massive influx of players. The servers was so overloaded, and crashed so many times that it was panic stations at BSG HQ, they scrambled and someone at BSG came up with the idea to separate the long distance players from the busy EU servers to lessen the strain.  This idea only worked in a scenario where those local regions players base also had the influx of the current EU/NA. But it didn't.. (Note - It might have had, if the Ping limit was not brought in.) Since then The Doc left, as will other Hype Streamers, and BSG will soon be left feeling used like a cheap 2$ hooker. 

So maybe the question should be - what duration was the original server rental contract that BSG have in place with example: our Johannesburg Hosting company? I'm going to guess it was a trial/test run, so lets call it a standard  1 year/12 month contract that includes early cancellation penalties and local support services etc. So after 12months a survey will probably be done to analyze local traffic data as-well as current active players / player growth etc. If the active player base is 0, then obviously a BSG corporate decision will be made to NOT renew the contract which is completely understandable from a business perspective. --- So only then it will force BSG to remove the entire PING LIMIT because it cant market a International game that is only playable in certain regions!

Please correct me if i might be wrong in any above mentioned points. This is a important topic that hopefully is discussed only  constructively going forward.

Thanks in advance