tobiassolem

Preliminary patch notes for 0.12.8 patch!

RCR_PT
23 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

People are forgetting that in the latest announcement they specifically used and emphasized the work 'APPROXIMATELY'.

What does this mean? I means that it is close to the specified date, but not exactly. It is not an accurate statement. I means that they are aiming for today but it could not happen. It's an estimation, not a promise.

We understand it is frustrating to be expecting something and it doesn't happen, but it was never 100% going to happen today. If they haven't said anything to the contrary yet, then chances are they are still aiming for today but are waiting on some last minute thing to be done. If they knew they wouldn't be able to deliver today, they would announce it.

They still have a bit over 7 hours to drop the patch (or announce a delay) and it will still have been within the estimated time frame. We only ask people to be patient and understanding that nothing is EVER set in stone when it comes to development, and an estimate is NOT a promise.

First, tanks for the info about the patch, and second just wope is drop today, or tomorow!!! ;)

hamerfest

if id tell my wife i will be there aprox 7 and i realise i am late .... i tell her

if not hell breaks loose

but on the other hand it feels kinda natural to me to let her know i am late

dont you guys feel the same?

as far as i understand all the flamy posts: they all just want to get informed "hey we are late"

no?

Edited by hamerfest

ShiroTenshi

Unfortunately, we are unable to upload patch 12.8 today due to unforeseen bugs and network availability issues in parts of Europe. We will notify you when we are sure of the quality of the update and are ready to upload it. The BSG team is now working almost 24-hour a day to get things done right. We are sorry. Stay tuned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

BanditMaka
1 hour ago, Awake said:

-

I know what you mean and I agree. It's just people don't want the truth.

You ever deliver? Tell someone you'll take an hour, so they call someone else, then call you back in an hour cus the other guy is no where to be found? They wanted you to say half an hr and take an hr. That's what would have actually made feel most comfortable. People are weird, they just want earliest ETA possible.
Even when BSG "announced" this, it was very if it happens it happens-ish. But people still hold them to it like it gospel.

In the end I agree with you, announce the drop once you know it's complete. But I understand why they feel pressured to come with ambitious estimates.

hamerfest
vor 3 Minuten schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Unfortunately, we are unable to upload patch 12.8 today due to unforeseen bugs and network availability issues in parts of Europe. We will notify you when we are sure of the quality of the update and are ready to upload it. The BSG team is now working almost 24-hour a day to get things done right. We are sorry. Stay tuned.

cool i cant w8 anyway

dont party to hard now ;)

NoxXis

@BSG Do what you have to do to get it done and with a good quality. I guess even if the voices get loud most of them can wait! You have already achieved so much with EFT. :)

So what's, a few days or years.That doesn't matter!

Edited by NoxXis
  • Like 1

tobiassolem
1 hour ago, Awake said:

Yes, I've been around for a long time but not active all the time. But from what I remember I'm pretty sure it was not like that.

It very much was like that.

I was in some debates at the time about this very topic. People were annoyed and frustrated about BSG "dropping a patch out of the blue" without enough ahead warning.

It's the classic case of "The grass is always greener on the other side".

• Upvote 3

Awake
1 hour ago, tobiassolem said:

It very much was like that.

I was in some debates at the time about this very topic. People were annoyed and frustrated about BSG "dropping a patch out of the blue" without enough ahead warning.

It's the classic case of "The grass is always greener on the other side".

But that is NOT what I am suggesting, I think you just skim through my posts and still miss my point ;) I suggested to give the ETA when the patch is finished and release it one week after. I did not say announce the patch when it is finished and release it on the same day. This is not out of the blue. This is in fact exactly how the patches are announced right now one week in advance just with the difference that there won't be a further delay.

Edit: If you think the long discussion about this one topic is at the wrong place inside this thread I can also try to get my point across to you in private chat.

Edited by Awake

dra10x

I just want to kindly thank the devs for all their hard work. I understand all the hate and vitrol they have to navigate through just to deliver us a product built with a great deal of passion and creativity. there can be a lot of demanding people who dont know how to relax and do other things with their life, but dont let them get to you. we all support you. 

p.s. please dont wipe im almost to jager lvl 3 and i need it for my hideout. k thx

• Like 1

VanWarbux

I can only share my experience from league of legends where i was into for a lot of years.

they had a separate test environment, where they just pushed the new features into, so they could have been tested. if people wanted to know how the state is they could head up there test it themselves or just look what the new features are and how ready they are.

eventually they took the changes from the test environment, once in a while, pushing back things that didnt seam to be good or were not ready yet. no eta or something. when is ready they push it into productive.

For me it worked well, total transparency. dates enforce pressure.

AutoOP
2 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Is this some sort of punch at the community in an attempt for us to feel bad that they are working 24 hours a day (lol?).

Edit: Reason why I mention that, is they honestly, better not be putting in, "unhealthy" amount of work hours in an attempt to push out a patch. While I am frustrated that it is not out yet, I will not promote the excessive work hours, and will be patient with the delivery.

Edited by AutoOP
  • Upvote 2

Kitty_Peter

smh, why is everyone so impatient and getting triggered that BSG needs a little more time. Let the people work and we'll get the update soon.

Awake
31 minutes ago, Kitty_Peter said:

smh, why is everyone so impatient and getting triggered that BSG needs a little more time. Let the people work and we'll get the update soon.

There is not a single person in this thread being impatient or triggered by the delay, rather the opposite. Read first, then post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

dra10x
43 minutes ago, Awake said:

There is not a single person in this thread being impatient or triggered by the delay, rather the opposite. Read first, then post.

theres a bunch of people being impatient

Tarkov_survivor

god so many are acting it's like the part of their lives(except ofcourse for the people at bsg). It's just a game my dudes so take it as such. Patch will come sonner or later but it will. It's not like this is the very 1st patch for the game. Ya all better get some fresh air.

BlindDog
12 hours ago, AutoOP said:

The BSG team is now working almost 24-hour a day to get things done right. We are sorry. Stay tuned.

Guys, i don't know about the rest but thanks for that. However don't forget that well rested employee is efficient employee. :)

• Upvote 1

TnGator

Whiniest damn player base I  have ever seen.  THIS GAME IS IN BETA!  JEEEEZUUUUZZZZZZZ

BlindDog
20 minutes ago, TnGator said:

Whiniest damn player base I  have ever seen.  THIS GAME IS IN BETA!  JEEEEZUUUUZZZZZZZ

Did you read the thread?

• Like 1

Kitty_Peter
20 hours ago, Awake said:

..... I did read

This isn't about the recent comments from the past day, this was from the days prior.

SPOOK3

So what does this mean? Another 2 months? 1 Week? 2 weeks? Can we get an aproximation?

kookster_

Hope they get things all resolved soon for the patch. But I also don't want them to rush/feel rushed. Take your time guys, get it right. Cheers.

Shant8man
On 9/30/2020 at 11:30 AM, tobiassolem said:

my fav part is seeing each other in lobby

syntaxxl

Got here kinda late, but awesome. Thanks!

PauleSchaule
vor 4 Stunden schrieb SPOOK3:

So what does this mean? Another 2 months? 1 Week? 2 weeks? Can we get an aproximation?

Well he said "its  not dropping today" when reading this sentence I expect the patch to come tomorrow. Just my understanding

d10sk0ur0s

I remember suggesting (surely this was thought from hundreds of us and maybe even from devs like 5 years ago)... the tetris gaming we do (at least I do as a standard stash owner should actually give plus) should make a Skill.. and indeed it will! ?!!?!?!

Statistically people with Standard and \ or people that are precise end up juggling with Tetris stash gaming SOOO MUCH more than comfy \ "pay to win" people with big stash (come on don't be angry ahahahah you epople with money that support BSG blind folded :::: ahahah I support BSG too!)
Ok ... let's not digress, don't hate ahahahha

So yes Hideout management I hope will work not only when we press "Hideout" we go in the hideout and start making clean work\ sweeping and polishing the area from dust : "shooting in a closed space" is super dangerous. Vents need to be cleaned.

In a city I was living at the people are very clean and so on but at the shooting indoor range one day there was an explosion, because they simply did not clean the ventilation for maybe years....
This could be a cool thing also creating various deaseases to our SCAVS and PMC inhabitating (I hope as slots) inside our hideout with 3 or more upgradable places...

If u have deasease you will have malus on healing and find when u log in your FOLKS that is not healthy at top of their health points. I ultimately hope that health points will be reduces or damage buffed.. right now it is too forgiving ... too bullet spongy in general anyway this is a topic that I am sure will be assessed sooner or later...

I just wanted to say that I am glad that Tetris management became a skill...

I am looking forward for EFT to have the biggest skill tree system in history of FPS and not only ;) ... no toxic irony intended.
I am serious. As long as it doesn't take the predominance over the FPS tactical shooter and hardcore (no bullet sponge no bs) gameplay.

Edited by d10sk0ur0s
  • Sad 1