matteoisa

Freeze and ram question

matteoisa

I suffer of a lot of freezes, when i start the game i cant even move for 1 minute, if i encounter another player in the first 5-10 minute the game freeze 2 3 second for 3 or 4 times, if i dont restart the game every 2 or 3 play become unplayable for the constant stutter, my question is, if i upgrade to 20 gb of ram (now i only have 8 gb and an intel core i7) the freezes stop? its a ram problem or its the game? sorry for my bad english

Toxifyd

upgrading your ram will help(im running 32gb right now) tarkov does seem to like to use a decent amount of ram, but other things that will help would be installing on an ssd(either an nvme ssd, regular m.2 ssd or sata ssd) depending on what graphics card you have(and what graphics setting you have the game set on) will also increase performance

matteoisa

i have a geforce gtx 950m, i have already installed it on ssd, the game doesnt lag, have only massive freezes on the first 5 10 minute and stutter sometime, so i thougth it's a ram problem but im not sure at all, also i cant play reserve because freeze at any player encounter

Natalino

More RAM will definitely help. Even from 8 to 16 will be significant. Lag and freeze is one of the known issues with EFT but it has improved a lot since the past issues and now a days it is more prominent with lower spec users. I see you are gaming on a laptop so that could be also why. I also believe you might be having an overheating issue that causes thermal throttling. Which all explains why you have to restart every 2-3 games. RAM will help here but not fully. You need a gaming PC (as an ultimate fix). 

BanditMaka

I had 12 gig when I started and that was rough. 16 was a huge improvement. My brother has 8 and he can only really play factory. Then obviously video card.

Viktorcenko

I've upgraded from 16 to 32gb of ram and the stutters disappeared. When I was using 16gb of ram, the game used almost 90% of so I started stuttering badly especially on Reserve.