Sign in to follow this  
Vingles

How to complete the Scenarios/Raids?

Vingles

"To unlock free-roam you have to complete Raid 01 to Raid 12 (12 is a placeholder number, we don't know how many raid are planned)

So, basically, Raid == Scenario

In Raid you can progress on quests by finding items like documents, usb keys, proof against Terra Corp. and so on."

Thanks for the clarification above by PanzerKadaver on reddit. 

And we now know that: You're dead = Raid failed

But how to define a successful raid?

Edited by Vingles

Kovacs
11 minutes ago, Vingles said:

Thanks for the clarification above by PanzerKadaver on reddit. 

You're welcome (yes, I don't have the same username here)

11 minutes ago, Vingles said:

But how to define a successful raid?

To complete a raid you have to :

1) Find a exit (there are several of them)

2) Find the key (magnetic pass, combinaison code, old rusty key, whatever)

3) Unlock the exit and leave the Raid alive AND before the end of the timer.

Vingles
17 minutes ago, Kovacs said:

Thanks, PanzerKadaver or, Kovacs :)

So if we can't leave before the time ends but we're still alive, it means we failed but we can still keep the stuff which we've brought to this raid at the beginning?

And basically, FreeR is just like Raid but with much larger area but without a timer, right?

And why are you Newbie, you should've gotten a glorious title. 

Edited by Vingles

Europoor
2 minutes ago, Kovacs said:

You're welcome (yes, I don't have the same username here)

I think that key could be meant hypothetically, like: bring a specified package to a scav checkpoint, or also explosives could be the key, like to make your way out/in to a specified district.

TarkovEscaper

There is 10 raids announced so far

Raid succesfull if you left loaction through the exit aka ESCAPED or escaped with quest item

Now to escape you would need to find keys and exits

eftcurious

So basically, find the exit, camp, wait for the other team to arrive with the keys and stuff, mow them down. leave.

oh yay camp fest for the win. because we all know camp = skill right guys?

• Upvote 1

Kovacs
2 hours ago, eftcurious said:

So basically, find the exit, camp, wait for the other team to arrive with the keys and stuff, mow them down. leave.

oh yay camp fest for the win. because we all know camp = skill right guys?

There are several exits

TheMysticMuffin

what is the timer though and how long will you have to complete said raids?? if anyone knows that is.

Edited by TheMsyticMuffin

GabrielLoza
36 minutes ago, TheMsyticMuffin said:

what is the timer though and how long will you have to complete said raids?? if anyone knows that is.

Most raids are expected to last between 60-90 minutes IIRC.

TheMysticMuffin
7 minutes ago, GabrielLoza said:

Most raids are expected to last between 60-90 minutes IIRC.

thank you, much appreciated

DerpingWork
On 4. 2. 2016 at 1:07 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

There is 10 raids announced so far

Raid succesfull if you left loaction through the exit aka ESCAPED or escaped with quest item

Now to escape you would need to find keys and exits

10? Damn not much, considering how big storylines other games had i would make as much as i can while i have ideas and while people want it :D

MadStalker

Each Raid can be done few times, if you are looking for rare loot and hide places

smokatoke
55 minutes ago, DerpingWork said:

10? Damn not much, considering how big storylines other games had i would make as much as i can while i have ideas and while people want it :D

30 minutes ago, MadStalker said:

Each Raid can be done few times, if you are looking for rare loot and hide places

Its not just loot and hiding places, there are quests NPC traders will give you to complete, and I believe the devs had said at one time you might need to play a raid a few times to actually "complete" it.

Cryptic Gamer

Well this is how I understand it from what I've read.

I'm pretty sure failure to reach the extraction point within the time limit is the same as death. Failure equals losing all your gear and anything you found with the exception of whatever was in your Secured Container.

Raids are re playable. You can revisit them as many times as you want if I understood correctly. Think of them like GTA V Heists. You have to complete one in order to  progress to the next one. The aim of the game is to Escape so completing side quests is just something else to do and is not critical to Raid progression.

Timers has been answered but I thought I read that they could be up to 2 hours. I'm possibly mistaken though.

So really all you have to do to complete the raid is find an extraction point and the correct means to extract, be it keys, codes etc.

Maybe someone from the Dev team can clarify the above and possibly give further insight. After all I might have grabbed the wrong end of the stick and be completely off 9_9

@Claus

Nyctea

@Cryptic Gamer Almost everything confirmed, except death on the timer end. Running out of time means getting caught in some really unpleasant event and surely losing all your loot - but whether you lose gear, health or life, is not yet confirmed. I will update this as soon as I have the info.

MadStalker

If I remember well, I have read somewhere that each raids as multiple objectives, but you have not the time to complete all of them in a single time. You have the merchants missions and side missions, and there are multiple merchants and 2 sides. 

Then, Devs can add some random events in raid (places open or close, traps, move some walls, add some holes, etc)

ODD
On 4 February 2016 at 9:02 PM, Kovacs said:

There are several exits

Could be several people in one team, each one waiting at the known exits. Maybe make it so that only those with the key know the location of the exit, therefore there's no real exit, just a place where all the team has to gather. 

Add a bit of realism by having a map with the key. Maybe some quests could be cryptic and have cryptic clues of where the loot and exits are. 

• Upvote 1

GabrielLoza
3 hours ago, ODD said:

Could be several people in one team, each one waiting at the known exits. Maybe make it so that only those with the key know the location of the exit, therefore there's no real exit, just a place where all the team has to gather. 

Add a bit of realism by having a map with the key. Maybe some quests could be cryptic and have cryptic clues of where the loot and exits are. 

Probably one of the most interesting things you've ever said on this forum, I'd assume that the exits are randomized and not very easy to get to. 

bententhhousand

So basically, the multiplayer/free roam mode is unlocked after "escaping" from Tarkov? That's all i've gathered from the information shown. Looks awesome though, noobs won't be thrust into the multiplayer and immediately dominated

ODD
2 hours ago, GabrielLoza said:

Probably one of the most interesting things you've ever said on this forum, I'd assume that the exits are randomized and not very easy to get to. 

It is one of the most interesting and intellectual things I've said. But I always say smart things, it's just not always agreeable by many.