Ping Lock Redesign

azullaris

So i have a suggestion for the Ping Lock system. Im not a big fan of the system myself, but if you wish to continue using this system consider this proposal. 

1. Raise the ping limit to 200. 150-180 is too low, and this rate doesnt affect in nothing the gameplay for no one, you wont see teleporting players, nor lag abusers, only regular people that you dont even know that has 150 ping  on their backs. The way it is implemented right now creates a huge problem of deviding same continent players, that in some places has 150 ping while others has 70-120, also turning the game unplayable in some places, mostly rural areas that usually has a more slow response time (also for the community stop saying "contact your ISP urr durr, it will fix anything, bad connection doesnt exist urr durr". A lot of people can play the game fine without desync but their ping will be higher than most, so dont be an elitist and think about this people too).
  2. Give a warning that you will be kicked out. Its fair to say that if im goint to get kicked out of a crucial game i should be able to know, simply my screen fading and im back in the menus is NOT A GOOD IMPLEMENTATION! No one in a serious situation will be looking at ping, literally NO ONE. You will most likely be mowing someone or being mowed, you will not even think about this issue, but if your connection gets a little "freaky" you will be kicked back to the menus whitout any kind of warning, and this can be the difference between life and death (and if im to die in raid, i wish to die fighting, not getting disconnected and die offscreen not even having a chance to fight back).
  3. Raise the time until the disconnect happens. This can be debatable, but in my opinion 20 seconds is enought that you at least try to do something. Maybe run to the nearest bush until the disconnect happens, run for the nearest exit and if you manage to return tries again until you make it to an exit (it will require a lot of patience but is manageable) or drop you insured gear in a bush so you have a chance to get your gear back. But the way it is right now you can consider losed gear already, cause you never know when you will get a disconnect or when you will die offscreen.

A lot of people complained about this, but im trying here not to just simply complain, and actually try to help solve this issue suggesting the above. Thank you for your time! PEACEEE!!

• Like 1