Red Buffer Tube having better stats

EraZerUnleashed

EraZerUnleashed

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is a reason for why the Red buffer tube is better than the black one, and secondly why it got buffed again? Is this another Warhammer joke like with the red handguard or because its so rare? Or because its anodized? I'm gonna be honest, the fact that the red one changes the Muzzle Velocity (again) annoys me somewhat, cuz it doesnt make much sense, lol.

428714793_BeforeBuff.thumb.png.f687d9ab1c9df27a20fb245c9eae0818.png

The stats before 

2087063472_AfterBuff.thumb.png.9f167a4721f1201a96ba4faf4a061aa7.png

The stats after

I remember that Nikita said on reddit that the Muzzle Velocity was a mistake and that he removed it. But it was readded back later on for whatever reason?

Edited by EraZerUnleashed
GhostZ69

Basically he is saying that BSG is assigning bonus stats to an item because it has a different color which runs 100% contradictory to their advertisement of realism in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
EraZerUnleashed
vor 3 Stunden schrieb pEPeGAalm:

would you mind going a little more in depth with what youre talking about? The translation maybe difficult for non-English speaking individuals.

Sorry i thought it was understandable and in-depth already. Ill explain it again and sorry for mistakes, i'm not an english speaker myself. 

The red buffer tube has better stats because of the color, which doesnt make sense especially because the Tarkov devs always said that they want guns/mods to be as authentic as possible. @GhostZ69 said it pretty well.

As you can see, the black buffer tube and the red one have different stats, and i dont think that its because of the "anodized" property. I dont really see the reason why they would give this buffer tube an accuracy bonus, and a muzzle velocity bonus on top. Especially because Nikita mentioned on reddit that the muzzle velocity was an mistake and he himself removed it, but added it back in a while later. Why? ..i dont know.

I posted my concern about this on Reddit, but i obviously got downvoted for it and nobody gave me a proper explanation why this is a thing. I doubt that the anodized property really changes the accuracy and the muzzle velocity, but correct me if im wrong. I think that this isnt realistic at all, and that stuff like that doesnt fit in Tarkov.

I just hope that in the future this will not get worse. Imagine having 4 different colors and every color has different stats.

I hope this was in-depth enough.. :bedizzy:

7 hours ago, EraZerUnleashed said:

Sorry i thought it was understandable and in-depth already. Ill explain it again and sorry for mistakes, i'm not an english speaker myself. 

The red buffer tube has better stats because of the color, which doesnt make sense especially because the Tarkov devs always said that they want guns/mods to be as authentic as possible. @GhostZ69 said it pretty well.

As you can see, the black buffer tube and the red one have different stats, and i dont think that its because of the "anodized" property. I dont really see the reason why they would give this buffer tube an accuracy bonus, and a muzzle velocity bonus on top. Especially because Nikita mentioned on reddit that the muzzle velocity was an mistake and he himself removed it, but added it back in a while later. Why? ..i dont know.

I posted my concern about this on Reddit, but i obviously got downvoted for it and nobody gave me a proper explanation why this is a thing. I doubt that the anodized property really changes the accuracy and the muzzle velocity, but correct me if im wrong. I think that this isnt realistic at all, and that stuff like that doesnt fit in Tarkov.

I just hope that in the future this will not get worse. Imagine having 4 different colors and every color has different stats.

I hope this was in-depth enough.. :bedizzy:

i can understand you but let me ask you a question. have you used a assault rifle IRL? cause if you have used em before, you have noticed this by now that most of stats are based on gameplay, not realism at all. for example CMRD handguard which reduces recoil for the gun, but in reality it has nothing to do with recoil control. yeah it gives comfort but it doesnt effect the recoil. but in the other hand we need some of these stats for the purpose of gameplay. do not use realism factor in tarkov, instead of that use immersion. tarkov is a game that gives you the feeling of the reality world. i think we will have a stat changes on weapon parts soon.

there is so many examples that i can mention here which is beyond reality in game but they dont bother me. but there is a few things which bothers me so much. one of them is the ADAD and bunny hopping shiat and the other one which is close to your discussion is the stats which make the super heavy, long guns like meta m4s and meta HKs super ergo guns that in result pmcs can carry it so easily and use the combo of sprint-ads-sprint-ads in no time which is not acceptable in game like tarkov. let me explain this a little bit.

mosin is the only gun in tarkov that has delay on it when you are sprinting and want to ads in the meantime, it will take some time to ads and bring gun to your face.( you know why, cause people were running into others face with it and one shot people in the head because of no delay between running and adsing and community cried about it so they added the delay on it) these meta guns are more heavier and longer than mosin, plus they are automatic guns with 60 mags. i think its time for the same community to cry about these guns also. the smgs are the only guns that should not have that delay for sure. but right now, a meta m4 and hk has more ergo than mp7 which make them taking less time to ads than mp7 which is hilarious.

2 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

i can understand you but let me ask you a question. have you used a assault rifle IRL? cause if you have used em before, you have noticed this by now that most of stats are based on gameplay, not realism at all. for example CMRD handguard which reduces recoil for the gun, but in reality it has nothing to do with recoil control. yeah it gives comfort but it doesnt effect the recoil. but in the other hand we need some of these stats for the purpose of gameplay. do not use realism factor in tarkov, instead of that use immersion. tarkov is a game that gives you the feeling of the reality world. i think we will have a stat changes on weapon parts soon.

there is so many examples that i can mention here which is beyond reality in game but they dont bother me. but there is a few things which bothers me so much. one of them is the ADAD and bunny hopping shiat and the other one which is close to your discussion is the stats which make the super heavy, long guns like meta m4s and meta HKs super ergo guns that in result pmcs can carry it so easily and use the combo of sprint-ads-sprint-ads in no time which is not acceptable in game like tarkov. let me explain this a little bit.

mosin is the only gun in tarkov that has delay on it when you are sprinting and want to ads in the meantime, it will take some time to ads and bring gun to your face.( you know why, cause people were running into others face with it and one shot people in the head because of no delay between running and adsing and community cried about it so they added the delay on it) these meta guns are more heavier and longer than mosin, plus they are automatic guns with 60 mags. i think its time for the same community to cry about these guns also. the smgs are the only guns that should not have that delay for sure. but right now, a meta m4 and hk has more ergo than mp7 which make them taking less time to ads than mp7 which is hilarious.

don't say "shiat", I just got a warning point for using profanity (an adult word for poo (poo is allowed)) and now I have some perm account warning... Just warning you in advance. You cannot even hint at a "profane" word by using different spellings

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Harleus:

don't say "shiat", I just got a warning point for using profanity (an adult word for poo (poo is allowed)) and now I have some perm account warning... Just warning you in advance. You cannot even hint at a "profane" word by using different spellings

Bullshizzelech :)

Stay safe, 

swear creative

Edited by B0oN
  • Upvote 1

The Warhammer jokes and references are neat and all, but this has been bothering me ever since I found out that the red hexagon handguard had one more ergonomic point than the black one "because the red goes fastah lol".

This might not be that big of a thing technically speaking, but it does put another "straw on the donkey's back" - the question is only when its back will break.

Game claims to be/want to be one thing but then does the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
jockmcplop

I think this is such a small thing that it doesn't really matter.

Realism and immersion requires you to roleplay to at least some extent. So if you don't want to use the red one, do what you would do in real life, and use the black one.

• Sad 1

All of these long winded posts looking for some hidden meaning, inference and intent, but has anyone entertained the idea that it's just them being sloppy? Which isn't much for consolation, but I see how it's not high on the priority list in the grand scheme of development.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Majlo:

The Warhammer jokes and references are neat and all, but this has been bothering me ever since I found out that the red hexagon handguard had one more ergonomic point than the black one "because the red goes fastah lol".

This might not be that big of a thing technically speaking, but it does put another "straw on the donkey's back" - the question is only when its back will break.

Game claims to be/want to be one thing but then does the opposite.

Its probably less silly than people using red buffer tubes for a premium price...

• Confused 1
GeneralBrus

Besides the fact that we are talking about easter eggs, I believe that weapon mods are too effective anyways. Yea sure its easier to have a good grip on your rifle when you have some nice ergonomically front grip or some stuff.

But the difference between 30 recoil and 80 recoil is so enormous, basically a Meta M4 on full Auto is the most effective sniperrifle in the game, while a stock m4 is so inaccurate that you have difficulties hitting ppl at 5 meters distance.

EraZerUnleashed
vor 5 Stunden schrieb behi09ma:

I know that most of the stuff in Tarkov is based on immersion, authenticity and not only realism, thats why most of the mods have stats that they shouldnt have, but in this case, its neither of those. Its one thing when a Handguard reduces recoil when it shouldnt, but its another thing when a buffer tube changes the accuracy and muzzle velocity because of its color. 

You see? The one thing is somewhat believable, the other one is not. Thats the difference. I dont ask for a 100% realistic game, and i know that Tarkov isnt that. The good thing about Tarkov is that it has a good balance between realism and authenticity. Thats why unrealistic things dont break the immersion, because the game has a good balance between those 2 things. But then theres stuff like the red buffer tube, that breaks all of that and fits in neither of those 2 categories. I know its a small thing, but Tarkov is all about small things.

The ADAD spam has to be the WORST problem for me, i nearly quited the game because of this. I dont understand why the devs dont introduce a placeholder in the meantime. I remember in one of the last Streams Nikita said that he doesnt want to introduce that change because of backlash. Well, thats when i realized that the inital vision for the game was gone a long time ago and that the devs dont have the upper hand anymore. By that i mean that the community can decide too much.

About all the other stuff you mentioned i can say yes they bother me too, and i hope that these will get fixed/changed too. At the end of the day, most of the people who bought this game before the hype wanted a semi-realistic, immersive and authentic game. 

Edited by EraZerUnleashed
format
  • Upvote 1