lkilLTek

Quest Success (Out of TIme) ... wait What?!

lkilLTek

This might be the worst change and one with wich I not agree at all! 

I play Tarkov maybe once a week mostly on the weekends and I have the EOD Edition, so from now on I will know, ok quest done, get the items and sell them or whatever, space isn't an issue.

But if you are low ranked, have standard edition and you are on a run and you do a lot of missions on the weekend for example and you cannot play during the week, well bad luck for you! 

Honestly, I get it, it is realistic to get your poo in time, but is this REALLY necessary? Insurance return fine, insurances are always with conditions etc but Quests? Come one, this just does not seem right. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

cordawg99991

I absolutely love everything they've been doing lately change wise and I'm excited for the future of EFT but I completely agree with you on this, it's an idiotic change. Sometimes I just can't get on for a few days and I assume many players are in the same boat.

Madiakz

I must admit while streaming and chatting away I have missed several due to getting distracted, seven in fact. A new record for me 😂 

Reymt

Yeah thats a bit annoying. Worst bit was actually during the july or so dev blog; got like 39 drops, some insanely good stuff. Worth 5 millions or so probably.

Didnt know it had an expiration date, because it wasnt shown for dropps like that at that time 😭

• Upvote 1

ShiroTenshi

Honestly, the delivery screen isn't a secondary inventory to store stuff. I'd do the same. Here's your rewards, take it or leave it but i'm not storing it for you forever.

If you have no room in your stash, sell something. Move something to your PMC and sell the rewards, there's ways around that. I may own a EOD account but i play with a standard. I know the pain of a small stash but it's never kept me from being able to collect quest rewards, drops or insurances. If i don't have room, that means i'm hoarding too much junk and it needs to go. 

• Upvote 1

xCaZx
49 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Honestly, the delivery screen isn't a secondary inventory to store stuff. I'd do the same. Here's your rewards, take it or leave it but i'm not storing it for you forever.

I can sort of get behind the insurance returns, but quest rewards timing out seems sort of dumb. I guess if the point is realism you could make the argument the quest giver isn't going to store your reward forever, but I guess I don't really understand the reasoning behind it timing out. 

Its even dumber when talking about something like twitch drops. Why would they timeout? Its not harming anything to sit there. 

• Upvote 1

ShiroTenshi
4 hours ago, xCaZx said:

Its even dumber when talking about something like twitch drops. Why would they timeout? Its not harming anything to sit there. 

It is, actually. Somewhere, those items need to be tracked and stored in a database somewhere. Multiply that by 50 thousand times and no matter how small the size of that data is individually, it becomes pretty big when you add it all up. It's the same for the others as well. Insurance, quest rewards, etc. And that's only one example i can think of from the top of my head.

I'm sure somewhere 'under the hood' the DEVs have more reasons as to why they decided to do things this way (Other then the "We want to." that they are certainly entitled to do). 

They already give you a couple of days to pick them up, i don't think there's anything unfair about that at all.

xOmnix
6 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

If i don't have room, that means i'm hoarding too much junk and it needs to go. 

I actually got a standard account this wipe after getting through all the tasks on my primary. I now understand how standard account users get rid of gear fear faster than EoD players and this is exactly why lol. They just flat out run out of room and have no other option but to field the equipment they're picking up. 

But to the OP's comments, I can understand the frustration but this would almost certainly be abused if it were not a mechanic. There are quest rewards later on that take up a significant amount of space (armors, helmets, guns etc) which you could store indefinitely if you wanted to.

Na0cho

What do you all mean change? This was always how it worked no?  At least since I’ve been playing (March)

All those items need to be stored and tracked. Limits on inventory are not just for balance, but also to limit amount of items that need to be tracked. 

If you have no space and are playing Tetris with your rewards/drops/returns, then you are hoarding too much. 

in the current state of the game there is no reason not to liquidate everything and just buy what you need when you need it.  With the exception of being a newer player or just started and needing to hoard quest items/hideout items. 

GeneralBrus
19 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

If you have no room in your stash, sell something. Move something to your PMC and sell the rewards, there's ways around that. I may own a EOD account but i play with a standard. I know the pain of a small stash but it's never kept me from being able to collect quest rewards, drops or insurances. If i don't have room, that means i'm hoarding too much junk and it needs to go. 

Think about that: no one cares if you forget your poopy AK reward or guns in general, but the things that really matter are like factory key, containers, small valuables etc...

these things are not effected by what you call a "secondary inventory" cuz they dont take away space.

do you really believe if the timeout gets removed ppl will abuse this? 

Edited by GeneralBrus

Reymt
vor 20 Stunden schrieb ShiroTenshi:

But you never really have enough room for that stuff, as long as you dont keep your inventory pathologically clean and constantly sell/rebuy at a loss. So you naturally start to play around those timers.

Heck, the game mechanics even encourage you to use the full time, considering the main benefit of the more expensive insurer, therapist, is the longer countdown.

Edited by Reymt

ShiroTenshi
3 hours ago, GeneralBrus said:

do you really believe if the timeout gets removed ppl will abuse this? 

Yes, because they already abuse it with the time they already have currently. Increase or remove that time, people will just use them as endless extension to their stash.

GeneralBrus
22 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Yes, because they already abuse it with the time they already have currently. Increase or remove that time, people will just use them as endless extension to their stash.

okay, so what about something like a "epsilon container" ? is it possible to give "some" quest rewards a unlimited timer? i dont really think it ever happend to anyone, but the fact that it is possible to forget your quest reward for items that you only get once is kinda scary.

ShiroTenshi
3 hours ago, Reymt said:

But you never really have enough room for that stuff, as long as you dont keep your inventory pathologically clean and constantly sell/rebuy at a loss. So you naturally start to play around those timers.

Not quite. If you hoard, sure. But I can 100% guarantee you that if you have a standard edition stash and are running into inventory issues then there are things you can afford to sell. Maybe you have too many weapons, or too much armor, or too many backpacks/helmets/vests or other non single slot items taking up space. If you are limited in space, plan accordingly. Don't keep more then you need, and what you can actively work on at that level. Just sell all superfluous items to traders until level 10. After level 10 you can just offload in FM and make a bigger profit anyway.

And 'At a loss' really depends on what it is and how you play. If your play style isn't profitable to sustain buying kits from FM/traders then sure, you'll be rebuying at a loss. But there are other ways to get kits. You can loot them over the course of several raids, you can loot them off of dead players, you can make money runs as a scav, you can run cheaper kits, etc. I honestly don't think money is that hard to come by. I recently just hit level 10 on my standard doing a variation of the hardcore challenge and I'm just a million shy of the first stash upgrade with a survival rating of around 50% (would have to look it up to give you the exact numbers and how many raids that was). And I play, on average, 2 hours a day max. Most of which is done during the weekend where I can sit for a good afternoon or two.

Now, I get it. I'm an old player. I know the game even though I'm not a particularly good one. Sure, this is true. But we all started out being new and had to put in the time and effort to learn.

45 minutes ago, GeneralBrus said:

okay, so what about something like a "epsilon container" ? is it possible to give "some" quest rewards a unlimited timer? i dont really think it ever happend to anyone, but the fact that it is possible to forget your quest reward for items that you only get once is kinda scary.

That is a good question. My advice would be to collect such items as soon as you get them. I'm a firm believe that, unless you have a stash full of unsellable items, there's always something you can afford to part with (but just don't want to) to collect something you really want.

Reymt
vor 22 Minuten schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Not quite. If you hoard, sure. But I can 100% guarantee you that if you have a standard edition stash and are running into inventory issues then there are things you can afford to sell. Maybe you have too many weapons, or too much armor, or too many backpacks/helmets/vests or other non single slot items taking up space. If you are limited in space, plan accordingly. Don't keep more then you need, and what you can actively work on at that level. Just sell all superfluous items to traders until level 10. After level 10 you can just offload in FM and make a bigger profit anyway.

And 'At a loss' really depends on what it is and how you play. If your play style isn't profitable to sustain buying kits from FM/traders then sure, you'll be rebuying at a loss. But there are other ways to get kits. You can loot them over the course of several raids, you can loot them off of dead players, you can make money runs as a scav, you can run cheaper kits, etc. I honestly don't think money is that hard to come by. I recently just hit level 10 on my standard doing a variation of the hardcore challenge and I'm just a million shy of the first stash upgrade with a survival rating of around 50% (would have to look it up to give you the exact numbers and how many raids that was). And I play, on average, 2 hours a day max. Most of which is done during the weekend where I can sit for a good afternoon or two.

Now, I get it. I'm an old player. I know the game even though I'm not a particularly good one. Sure, this is true. But we all started out being new and had to put in the time and effort to learn.

Okay, I probably should preface that I could live and do fine enough with shorter recovery time. Possible, sure. A lot of things are possible, but they arent necessarily more interesting or fun.

The thing is, I do geared runs on most maps, and mostly cheap runs on Factory. Often play the game a bit more intensively one day or another, and a bit less the other. But maybe I also dont play for one or two days. That way, a ton of equipment can collect, but when I play more intensively, I usually use up most equipment in one way or another.

Which I think is neat; use up that armor in a silly factory pistol raid as a warmup, rather than just sell it to the trader. Or have the rig/headset just be part of some geared run. Scope out factory with a good ol' PP19, to see if theres enough altynheads running around to take my 7.62 battle rifle out. Take that good ol' SVD with some bargain bin SNB out to scare some chads, thats always a good one.

Its just a nice pace of change inbetween more geared action, and the ability to buffer is super useful. If you cut short the insurance times, Ill sell most of that stuff. Which is less interesting, Ill use less varied gear. And I cant really see any issue with insurance time being longer; after all, Im paying extra. 5 days isnt even that extreme, its not like people should have to play every day.

And I think people generally overestimate the usefulness of insurance anyway; like sure, when I wasnt taking neat gear into raids, I got most of my stuff back, but since I started using high tier guns, I get them maybe one time out of ten back. If at all.

Edited by Reymt

ShiroTenshi
4 minutes ago, Reymt said:

5 days isnt even that extreme, its not like people should have to play every day.

Well, if we're talking insurance only then Therapist already offers a 6 day pickup timer, with the drawback that insurance costs more.

Reymt
vor 1 Minute schrieb ShiroTenshi:

Well, if we're talking insurance only then Therapist already offers a 6 day pickup timer, with the drawback that insurance costs more.

Oh, were you just talking about quest rewards? The only stupid thing about the quest reward is that you can miss the timer and not get your stuff. Which sure, is your fault, but Tarkov is full of completely unnecessary noob traps. Like 90% of the ammo.

xCaZx
3 hours ago, Reymt said:

Which sure, is your fault, but Tarkov is full of completely unnecessary noob traps. Like 90% of the ammo.

This is actually like..the perfect way of explaining this mechanic. It basically only impacts newer players who didn't realize it timed out and for no real reason. 

This idea that it creates some crazy unmanageable secondary inventory that BSG simply cannot handle is absurd. It doesn't really matter if that quest reward is sitting in this secondary award screen or if its sitting in my actual inventory.