Sign in to follow this  
Meowmalade

Why are there time Limits for sold items and Quest items?

Meowmalade

I don't get why there are time limits on collecting money or items from quests and stuff you sold on the market. I've lost out on so much stuff because of this. It doesn't help when the server wont refresh either. I was on a couple days ago to collect my insurance and no notifications came up about my items sold on the Market place, I even checked Ragman's messages. Nothing... I sold 4 filters for about 70,000 Roubles each, and lost out on all that cash. I don't play every day because I have a life and am not able to tend to Tarkov. It's ridiculous and makes no sense. Same with quest items. I've done so many quests and then timed out because, as I've stated before, I'm not able to be on every day. Plus I forget or the server doesn't refresh while I'm playing, even after a round. It's BS

I guess my suggestion is to just take the time limit off. I get the games hardcore and I like it for that but this particular thing is driving me mad. The insurance is fine, no complaints there.

Edited by Meowmalade

Naqel

There are several reasons this is done the way it is:
-If those transactions didn't expire, people would use them as extra stash space.
-It encourages a play pattern in which you log in daily or schedule your transactions for weekends, effectively increasing the server population during peak hours.
-It helps remove excess goods from circulation, which helps stabilize the in-game economy.

Meowmalade
14 hours ago, Naqel said:

-It helps remove excess goods from circulation, which helps stabilize the in-game economy.

This doesn't make sense since the item was sold and removed from the economy. maybe i don't understand what you're getting at.

-If those transactions didn't expire, people would use them as extra stash space.

this doesn't make so much sense because you cant drag and drop items into that area.

-It encourages a play pattern in which you log in daily or schedule your transactions for weekends, effectively increasing the server population during peak hours.

I get this point but its still kinda lame and annoying, i would think most people would log on during the weekend anyways.. i think they should just remove it. i could be wrong but i dont think it would change things very much in terms of player pop

Edited by Meowmalade

chrisragnar

If you can store things in the chat, that is exactly the same as extra inventory space. You might not be able to put new loot there. But you can take things out whenever you want.