tullowitsch

WIPE?

Wipe?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. It’s been 5 month, how about a WIPE, even though there might not be a bigger update with it?

• Yes, Nikita gimme wipe please!
    • No way, I like current state too much ma dudes!

tullowitsch

It’s been 5 month, how about a WIPE, even though there might not be a bigger update with it?

bk51

idk im having fun buying the game on sale to vs fully geared parties.

FLP

I don't think a wipe is needed now, the changes in the Flea Market have changed the game's economy a bit. Before all players in the current phase would already be very rich and it would be difficult for any players who started playing and are still lvl 20 ~ 30.

We have a lot of rich players, but not all of them. has a lot of player level 40+ with less than 10kk.

FLP

bk51
26 minutes ago, FLP said:

I don't think a wipe is needed now, the changes in the Flea Market have changed the game's economy a bit. Before all players in the current phase would already be very rich and it would be difficult for any players who started playing and are still lvl 20 ~ 30.

We have a lot of rich players, but not all of them. has a lot of player level 40+ with less than 10kk.

FLP

ya u r probably the guy fully geared while im over here doing tasks with a pistol xd

MylesE

No wipe! I almost have my hideout maxed!   🤣 Hahaha!

• Like 2

whatsoeva

before BSG doesnt fix the real problems, why should there be a wipe?

we faced it before... many players rejoin the game, which is good YES,"but" the servers will lag the poo out of us again.

Problems need to be fixed first I would say...

revplague

Oh no wipe XD Im in the same boat as myles, my hideout is almost done.

FLP
44 minutes ago, bk51 said:

ya u r probably the guy fully geared while im over here doing tasks with a pistol xd

I've been here since alpha, so I play a wipe yes and another no. Let's say I have only 3kk and I'm level 15. But every raid I enter I go full gear. I just take care not to die so easily. the weight system helps me and always makes some part of my gear come back and it helps me a lot. in this wipe I am a casual player and I have no problems with gear. When I kill a PMC full gear instead of selling the items I get the best ones, helmet and armor for example. Weapon modifications, etc ...

In the next wipe I will play 100%.

Okay, let's say I have a little problem with ammunition. I need to mix my magazines with ammunition of different types to be strong like other players who have a lot more money than me and all the free sellers. other than that I can play without problems. Tarkov is a game that if you have tactics you kill an enemy full gear with a pistol. Running around the map like some youtubers will only make you lose items in a funny way. If someone is watching you, ok. if I don't recommend playing tactfully.

FLP

Cruzx

I dont think wipe is needed still the majority of the player  base  aint super rich also bsg announce that wipe will be on 13.0. 

Hamm
4 hours ago, tullowitsch said:

It’s been 5 month, how about a WIPE, even though there might not be a bigger update with it?

heres a thought, reset your account if you want a wipe

Edited by Hamm

Na0cho
12 hours ago, bk51 said:

Dude just stop. We were all new once. I was new in March. I joined the game towards the end of a wipe. The game is not that hard you just lack knowledge. The only way to get that knowledge is to suck it up and keep dying until you learn. 

there is so much info on how to “git gud” in this game in the wiki and YouTube. You have no one to blame but yourself if you choose not to take steps to learn. 

also what gun you are using doesn’t mean anything it’s all about the ammo type. 

I go in with no armor and a pistol just to have fun. And still walk out pockets fat. 

im old and my aim sucks compared to these “kids” yet I seem to do fine and am sitting around 30 mil average that takes 10 mil swings depending upon how hard I got on the weekends. 

• Like 1

sYs

I been here too long. I stopped playing due to much wipes. 

Everyone was new at some point so just adapt. When we started in 2016 we didn't have wikipedia's and youtube tutorials. Had to figure out quests ourselves and loot locations by ourselves. 

The less wipes - the better. 

• Like 2

RagingRob

For me the most fun part of this game is after a wipe. It's a crazy mad rush of everyone coming back. No one is hella geared, fights are fun as hell. I love grinding out the quest with everyone trying to do them. That first rush on each of the bosses. Grinding for that red rebel. Hunting for video cards, all the servers are full of people. Rushing dorms on customs, rushing marked room fights on reserve. Collecting all the keys, initial market price speculation ect. Wipes are the best part of this game. It's a few months of playing no life to get everything done, then you play for a bit all geared out but no reason to gather anything anymore, then wait for the next wipe.

Xeraphas

I honestly wish they would just actually balance things. Find like 1-10 rounds of ps on a scav, make buying ammo hard. Make armor piercing ammo only be found in 8 round destroyed boxes or have rare spawns like 1/250 for a 30/60 round box. They need to make armor rarer too. If everyone is running around with ps ammo types and level 3 armor and the high caliber and armor piercing types are hard to get then level 3 armor will actually stop 3-4 shots and make armor, gunfights more fun. There is still head shots but a lot less bs where everyone is running m995, m855a1, m61/2, snb/7n1, 7n39. Currently the majority of deaths is just getting shot in the chest with those rounds while things like 9x21/19/18, 7.62x25, .45, and shotguns besides shrap10/ap20 are basically obsolete unless scav hunting for better gear. I mean honestly when was the last time people have seen a pp19, mpx, mp5, ppsh ect. being used by players in any consistency. 

Edited by Xeraphas

robg23

the avg armor i find is lvl4, fully kitted players aren't as frequent as last wipe. this wipe is amazing gearwise. i started super late this wipe and i had no issue in pvp. if you want to do your quest go night time, it is much easier. also i don't want to do my kappa again, the quests are boring as hell after the second time you do them, i hope the wipe isn't anytime soon!

Bankoletti
16 minutes ago, robg23 said:

if you want to do your quest go night time, it is much easier.

Why is that? Don't servers fill up with same number of players before starting up regardless of time?

Sivisoko
2 minutes ago, Bankoletti said:

Why is that? Don't servers fill up with same number of players before starting up regardless of time?

Each map has set numbers 6 to 12 for example so it can be 6 or anything between with 12.

And yes I am eagerly waiting for wipe :D

Da_Kyuss
On 10/19/2020 at 1:49 AM, Cruzx said:

I dont think wipe is needed still the majority of the player  base  aint super rich also bsg announce that wipe will be on 13.0. 

Whipes are done at the turning points of game implementation.

it dosent have to anything with the wealth level of players.... and it should not

what about 4 yrs after full release... a good amount of players (the dedicated ones) will have gazillions....

• Upvote 1

robg23
22 minutes ago, Bankoletti said:

you can avoid fights much easier if you want to and usually people go for quests during night raids so you have less opposition as the server isn't probably full of players. at least in my experience.

Edited by robg23

Sivisoko
1 minute ago, robg23 said:

you can avoid fights much easier if you want to and usually people go for quests during night raids so you have less opposition. at least in my experience.

Would agree with this, if it's night and noone is using NVG then people came for quest and not for kills, so everyone usually avoids fights, at least that's on first few weeks of wipe

OfiicialGubb

I totally agree with you, the most fun in the game are in the beginning when everyone is "primitive".

• Like 1

gkcx2002
3 hours ago, Sivisoko said:

Each map has set numbers 6 to 12 for example so it can be 6 or anything between with 12.

And yes I am eagerly waiting for wipe :D

I've been on servers where I swore I was the only one on it. 

Sivisoko
1 hour ago, gkcx2002 said:

I've been on servers where I swore I was the only one on it. 

I can't say what is exact here as i am not Dev, but i am sure that i was alone also.

That could be due, if you are on few servers late in night and nobody is playing except you (somehow) game will let you in at some point maybe, not sure exactly how it works.

tobiassolem

Hello tullowitsch

As can be seen by the poll, the community is a bit divided on the subject of wipes. Some people aren't fans of having to repeat tasks, fetch things, or get to the "end game" all over again. Whilst others very much want to do so.

Wiping usually occurs when there are significant changes that involve alteration of the back-end, such as complex database changes, or changes to mechanics (eg. skill system) that require everyone to start anew (wiping the profiles).

At the end of the development process, when the game is finished it is not likely there will ever be a wipe again.

• Upvote 1

Fakte

I like to play now with all the chads but i also like the new wipe feeling. Wipe would be Ok but no must have