jslangley

Got killed by a hacker

jslangley

Firstly, yes this is a copy and paste from my last post. Secondly, admin, chill brother. I'm not reporting anyone and I never outright said I was. I am just making people aware of my experience, so if they have the same issue as me, they can help narrow down what it is that caused things being removed from my secure container, whether bur or hacks. I believe it i for the better to allow people to discuss the issue in question because at the end of the day, it helps the devs prevent the issue in the future. But now for my copy and paste.

Aside from the title being rather self explanatory, this issue goes beyond that. I'm not bothered about losing any of the loot because I just went out with a crowbar and nothing else, got marked room loot, was running to my extract and met a hacker along the way. Safe to say that despite the blood splatter that hit the wall behind him, I apparently did no damage to him or his armour. Nothing registered at all. The worst part is, even the stuff in my alpha container just mysteriously vanished when I got back to the main menu. We are talking a dogtag case with like 6 tags in, and a document case that had 9 keys in it. 2 of which were dorms marked room and barracks marked room on reserve. I would love a refund of both cases as the keys are as common as sand is in the sahara, but not expecting one. Point being, I'm not sure it is a bug or a hacker, but either way, be careful people because this has just killed any desire I have left to play it, because panic sprayers get a lucky shot to my face way too often which killed most of my desire to play the game in the first place.

Sleepyyy

Hello @jslangley,

Here's a summary of what you have posted.

1. Title says "Got killed by a hacker" -> We do not accept cheater reports on forums, they have to be done through the game launcher or in the death menu screen by clicking the "!" icon. (This is why a moderator closed your topic)

I'm not reporting anyone and I never outright said I was.

Aside from the title being rather self explanatory, this issue goes beyond that.

Point being, I'm not sure it is a bug or a hacker, but either way, be careful people because this has just killed any desire I have left to play it, because panic sprayers get a lucky shot to my face way too often which killed most of my desire to play the game in the first place.

So, essencially you don't know if you were killed by a hacker or it was a bug? 

Either way, best think is to report such cases through the game launcher and explain everything, while attaching logs and evidence if possible. Sadly, BSG does not refund any items lost by players as we are in a BETA stage of the game (unless its something that occurs to a high ammount of players).

Have you restarted your game to see if it fixed it? Did you get any errors?

davidj123456

If you think someone is cheating record the entire match including the loading screen and the entirety of the post-death screen. Submit the video and individual for report in the relevant place in the BSG launcher. Also after you die report them using the in-game function.

At the end of the day, unless you are playing labs, barely anyone cheats in this game. You probably got outplayed or unlucky...