Funkoff

Ghost bullets problem

Funkoff

Anyone else having this issues where you look at a guy and shoot him and nothing happens to him at all. fighting a guy in dorms and the guy was next dorm room length to me. my gun has great recoil. I have no idea why none of my bullets didn't hit. Dayz Standalone has this same problem. Ghost bullets CAN not be a problem in a pvp looter shooter. Needs fixing.

• Upvote 1

Blunt3dge

Yea i feel your pain, yet again I shoot a raider to the face 5 times, see the kick back of each shot and can't help but feel deflated at the situation. Fortunately I killed him, on checking his body he was wearing a bullet proof cap with invisible face shield, so I didn't feel too bad that I got him.

gkcx2002

There are a slew of issues with this game. Not sure why we are getting updates with new animations, a compass and changes to the inventory aesthetics when there is severe desync , problems with hit registration and serious server issues.  Lets get the game in its current state smoothly playable and worry about the ginger bread stuff later. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

p4nnus
16 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

There are a slew of issues with this game. Not sure why we are getting updates with new animations, a compass and changes to the inventory aesthetics when there is severe desync , problems with hit registration and serious server issues.  Lets get the game in its current state smoothly playable and worry about the ginger bread stuff later. 

Not sure? Maybe you shouldve read the contract when you pre-ordered EFT. You got the permission to beta test when you did so. Game dev't isnt linear in a way you seem to think it is. Stuff is added, stuff breaks, stuff is added, stuff breaks. Its not reasonable to fix everything, only to see it break really soon after some other update/patch/fix/implementation of feature.

Edit: not to even mention that desync and hitreg are probably handled by different peeps than compass and aesthetics peeps.

Edited by p4nnus
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

gkcx2002

I wasn't going to reply to that BSG apologist. I'm glad you did. 

• Sad 1

p4nnus

Stop living in the past. You need to update yourself to 2020. A beta means early access nowadays. Actually it has for a decade, approx. and especially with games that you can buy in to the beta. BSG is also sth called an indie developer. Now you know. If you were too naive and thought such a thing (8months) was possible, you were fooling yourself more than BSG was fooling anyone. Also theres this thing called scope and it tends to change in game dev't, especially if theres more funding.

BSG has been vocal about the fact that theres not that many unity devs in Russia. Maybe you can learn how to dev Unity stuff and move to Russia? :sctroll:

TUALMASOK
1 hour ago, p4nnus said:

BSG has been vocal about the fact that theres not that many unity devs in Russia. Maybe you can learn how to dev Unity stuff and move to Russia? :sctroll:

You're pretty keen on BSG, perhaps you should head that way with you Unity skills?

Or BSG could, you know, hire folks and train them. I'm not sure what workplace culture is like in Russia but surely you would find uni grads and the like and throw a bit of cash at training them. BSG have made lots of money from the game, after all.

I don't find the issues listed above the biggest game breaker, it's the lack of maps and the slow trickle BSG releases them that will cause major hiccups. Every time a new map is released it seems to generate new major bugs. The slower they release the maps, the longer they will be dealing with these bugs. If there's a push to get the maps out then they can start ironing out all the other kinks.

p4nnus
8 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

You're pretty keen on BSG, perhaps you should head that way with you Unity skills?

Or BSG could, you know, hire folks and train them. I'm not sure what workplace culture is like in Russia but surely you would find uni grads and the like and throw a bit of cash at training them. BSG have made lots of money from the game, after all.

I don't find the issues listed above the biggest game breaker, it's the lack of maps and the slow trickle BSG releases them that will cause major hiccups. Every time a new map is released it seems to generate new major bugs. The slower they release the maps, the longer they will be dealing with these bugs. If there's a push to get the maps out then they can start ironing out all the other kinks.

Are you joking? :sctroll: I was just trying to inform him because he doesnt seem to know much about game dev't. And yeah, surely that "throwing money at grads" will make for a GREAT game dev't team! You want unprofessional students to work there on top of BSG being indie already? With no proper prior experience with Unity? Are you absolutely bonkers? :begreat:

7 hours ago, gkcx2002 said:

If you took a moment to educate yourself on what game dev't was like, you would realize that theres different departments in the dev team, which ofc handle different things in the game. Animations, aesthetics and netcode people, for example, are all different people. You might think Im an apologist for saying this, but thats just like your opinion man. At least what Im saying isnt an opinion! :sctroll:

Why do you even bother *suggesting* anything if you have 0 clue about what youre talking about?

MarcBorgia

I get wanting to add content to keep the interest but they are adding the wrong content, new guns, a compass and animations are not what is needed. If you want to add content before fixing the game add the new map that youve been talking about since i started playing. The customs expansion was a nice addition but is starting to get stale. Unfortunately theres only 2 maps that i like to play anymore and mostly because im always solo but i think streets will be a great change.

But yeah fix the BS first

gkcx2002
35 minutes ago, MarcBorgia said:

I get wanting to add content to keep the interest but they are adding the wrong content, new guns, a compass and animations are not what is needed. If you want to add content before fixing the game add the new map that youve been talking about since i started playing. The customs expansion was a nice addition but is starting to get stale. Unfortunately theres only 2 maps that i like to play anymore and mostly because im always solo but i think streets will be a great change.

But yeah fix the BS first

What two maps do you solo?  Streets makes me salivate. That's the map that would showcase this game. Hope they don't screw that map up. 

TUALMASOK
2 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Are you joking? :sctroll: I was just trying to inform him because he doesnt seem to know much about game dev't. And yeah, surely that "throwing money at grads" will make for a GREAT game dev't team! You want unprofessional students to work there on top of BSG being indie already? With no proper prior experience with Unity? Are you absolutely bonkers? :begreat:

A lot of development I've been around has used grads to great effect, not just in software development, either. It's a great way to get people with knowledge aligned into a profession and get them additional skills. It also generates loyalty, which is a massive bonus for ongoing work. And given that most game design and development courses do focus on multiple easy access engines like Unity and UE, the vast majority do have experience.

whatsoeva
9 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

unprofessional students

Those ppl could be hired with a special contract where they get payed on successful delivery. If they do crap, they get paid at a lower price and if they do a great job, they get a good bonus. I am sure many youngsters would like to take such opportunity and it could open doors... but, I am not in such business, so I cant say.

MylesE

Let's get back on the topic of ghost bullets for this thread guys! 

• Like 1

Funkoff
1 hour ago, MylesE said:

Let's get back on the topic of ghost bullets for this thread guys! 

I was about to say the same thing. what is the point in posting in forums anymore.

LoginTaken

Bullet registration does not work very well.

Anyone who has played or watched videos, have seen someones head rock back to a head shot but nothing happen. When you get to the death screen to notice that the shot never registered.

Even then the damage system would likely screw you over even if it did....

p4nnus
7 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

A lot of development I've been around has used grads to great effect, not just in software development, either. It's a great way to get people with knowledge aligned into a profession and get them additional skills. It also generates loyalty, which is a massive bonus for ongoing work. And given that most game design and development courses do focus on multiple easy access engines like Unity and UE, the vast majority do have experience.

Back to ghost bullets it is. I have not experienced those in 12.8 AFAIK. Anyways, I sent you a last DM with a suggestion.

Edited by p4nnus