Malaspulgas

Can you get banned for stream sniper?

Malaspulgas

the streamer assures that I was spying on him so I could kill him, he reports me after I kill him....idk why people still with ttv in their names if they distrust  

phillyr98rr

That is probably down to BSG's discretion. It would seem pretty hard to prove unless they admitted it. But even then its down to BSG's discretion. I would say maybe. I am not too sure.

swats73

Stream snipers is always there, but streamers have alot of things they can do to avoid this issue. In all honesty if you stream there is always that risk, but it is also accepted that it may happen from time to time as soon as you go live.

Swats73 

Majlo

I do not thing you can or will ever be banned for stream sniping in the game itself however, stream sniping can get you banned on twitch as it is against twitch's ToS.

TnGator

any well known streamer wont use his stream name in a raid.  The others the get butthurt because they were stream sniped usually have like 5 followers mostly themselves.  If you are going to put your name out there and stream be prepared to get stream sniped.  Dont whine about it when it happens.

• Like 1

johncage213
On 10/22/2020 at 7:18 AM, TnGator said:

any well known streamer wont use his stream name in a raid.  The others the get butthurt because they were stream sniped usually have like 5 followers mostly themselves.  If you are going to put your name out there and stream be prepared to get stream sniped.  Dont whine about it when it happens.

makes no sense, it's irrelevant if they use their own name or not. people would not know their name. streamsniping happens because a player is checking on another monitor to see if the stuff happening on the stream is coinciding in their own instance. they may hear the gunfire, etc. and so they know where the enemy is and can kill them. has nothing to do with "using their real name". very low sentience understanding

TnGator
18 hours ago, johncage213 said:

makes no sense, it's irrelevant if they use their own name or not. people would not know their name. streamsniping happens because a player is checking on another monitor to see if the stuff happening on the stream is coinciding in their own instance. they may hear the gunfire, etc. and so they know where the enemy is and can kill them. has nothing to do with "using their real name". very low sentience understanding

Pretty sure you have no idea what the concept of stream sniping is.  Let me clear that up for you big dog.  Im in a group, joeblow_ttv kills me.  My group is still up.  I go to twitch and see that joeblow_ttv is streaming.  I then relay  to my group where he is and what he is doing. They go kill him. Next scenerio, im in lobby with IUSEMYREALNAMEBECAUSEIAMSTUPID_TTV.  I watch him on twitch, see what instance version of the game he is on assuming they were stupid enough to leave that up.  Then i go kill him.  Simple enough for you smart guy?

Or assuming you are assuming im talking about using their real life which then you would be correct. You must think I am really stupid if i think that Bill James is going to name his toon Bill James and the stream under the name BillJames_TTV.  Not sure where you would go with that so im going to just assume (there is that word again) that you you know when i say real name i meant their twitch name not their REAL LIFE NAME. So if they are using their real life name and i google them then stalk them and go to their house and stream snipe them for real then you would be correct.  

Edited by TnGator