ReedMan

Mechanic service

ReedMan

Hi all,

I just have an idea about service provided by Mechanic.

I guess a lot of people (mostly in early game) are using civilian guns (i.e. semiautomatic versions of army weapons like ADAR 2-15). What about giving an opportunity to "upgrade them" at the Mechanic?

Maybe it could work like:

1) Gave him an disassembled gun,

2) Choose the firing mode (fully automatic, maybe some kind of burst fire too),

3) Pay him some cash (small fee),

4) Ta-da: Military-grade civilian gun :)

Of course to maitain balance that type of guns should have some disadvantages compared to military counterparts, e.g. having only one firing mode, lowered durability, etc.

What do You think about this?

PS Sorry if similar idea was posted here.

p4nnus
10 hours ago, ReedMan said:

Hi all,

I just have an idea about service provided by Mechanic.

I guess a lot of people (mostly in early game) are using civilian guns (i.e. semiautomatic versions of army weapons like ADAR 2-15). What about giving an opportunity to "upgrade them" at the Mechanic?

Maybe it could work like:

1) Gave him an disassembled gun,

2) Choose the firing mode (fully automatic, maybe some kind of burst fire too),

3) Pay him some cash (small fee),

4) Ta-da: Military-grade civilian gun :)

Of course to maitain balance that type of guns should have some disadvantages compared to military counterparts, e.g. having only one firing mode, lowered durability, etc.

What do You think about this?

PS Sorry if similar idea was posted here.

Why dont you just do it yourself?

ReedMan
6 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Why dont you just do it yourself?

Good point.

Well, this modifications could be done by yourself but it should require advanced workbench. Mechanic is available from start so it should be nice for early raids.

davidj123456

I mean the M4 receiver only costs 20K on the Flea Market so... you can sort of already do this anyway...

ReedMan
10 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

I mean the M4 receiver only costs 20K on the Flea Market so... you can sort of already do this anyway...

This option is mostly aimed for early gamers, who can't afford or buy military-grade guns, but managed to get (mostly loot from scavs) some ADAR/Saiga 9/AKM-VPOs etc. and just want to have a better chance to fight against players who can afford a full-auto ones.

p4nnus
10 hours ago, ReedMan said:

This option is mostly aimed for early gamers, who can't afford or buy military-grade guns, but managed to get (mostly loot from scavs) some ADAR/Saiga 9/AKM-VPOs etc. and just want to have a better chance to fight against players who can afford a full-auto ones.

20K is very cheap for a full auto update. I dont think this suggestion of yours is really needed. I think its actually better, if players find this out on their own. Its one of those learning moments..