ScytheX10

How to fix deleted items after sorting

ScytheX10

Hey folks, cross posting (copy pasting) from my recent reddit post on the item deletion glitch after sorting. I uploaded this information to my support case, including the log files for my last session, I hope this helps both devs and players!

Something interesting.. I get this error when I move into certain slots: error: 228 - ItemsMoving[move]: Can't move item {hash} in item {hash} slot:hideout

But when I make space around that item, or move other items, the items I lost appear in that slot after I log out and log in.. This will be a fun little game of invisible tetris!

Edit: So I got 99% of my stash back

Move items into the gaps (or just around) (one at a time) and escape to main menu until you get the 228 error.

Make room around that slot, play invisible tetris. Escape to menu after EVERY move.

Get your items back

???

Profit

Edited by ScytheX10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

MylesE

@ScytheX10,

Thanks for posting this! Great information! 

• Like 1

whatsoeva

What a luck I never pressed the "sort" button! My stash is sorted so whatever this function would do, it can be just harass my stash, I thought and therefor it was never executed. Interesting is, a friend did mention it today, that the button is near the "X" - Close-Button... Who knows how many did accidentally hit sort instead of close... but at least... some did beta-test the behavior now and also have some Tetris experience!

While thinking about it... I thought before I would definitely like to see that it is possible to be able to play the ingame Tetriz as like in the 80'. But hey it seems some get to this point now and I just dont know myself, do I miss something? :P

cvboulevard

Not really sure what to do.

I've tried this fix, but nothing seems to work. Whatever slot or space I move into, I don't get any error or message. It's quite literally like it's gone, like there is literally no remnants from it what so ever lmao. Not sure what else to do.

Tavva
On 10/21/2020 at 9:47 AM, cvboulevard said:

Not really sure what to do.

I've tried this fix, but nothing seems to work. Whatever slot or space I move into, I don't get any error or message. It's quite literally like it's gone, like there is literally no remnants from it what so ever lmao. Not sure what else to do.

Yeah same issue here... if anyone has another fix or potential solution please share

Philb0

Thanks for sharing! This is great information! Going to post it in a discord now where i know ive seen someone with this issue!

Zeroa

The posted fix worked in this similar but different case of a thermal scope disappearing during weapon modding:

Thanks again for sharing! @ScytheX10