Jump to content
SpeedyGonzales

Since 12.8 Every 5secs Microstutters

Recommended Posts

SpeedyGonzales

Hello, 

SInce Patch 12.8 i have constant micro stutters every 5 secs.

Never had a problem before other then the normal tarkov "hicups" (Stuttering there and then fps drops), with the old problems i could play or arrange me to play and have fun somehow. 

But with this new problem it is insanly painful to aim etc.. 

The strange thing in factory it runs smooth and no stutter there, only got the problem on all other maps. 

Yeah i tried most optimizations guides etc. but i cant find the problem and other then that the game runs very well fps wise, got 120fps. Its unlogical for me cause it runs very good but i got those micro stutters constantly. 

Any help appreciated ;). 

 

Specs: 

ASUS Mainboard Prime Z490-A
i7 1070k

16GB Ram 

1080 TI

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoiZuu

Same problem here. Micro stutters every 3-4 secs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rcsverige

Same issue as well. Before the update I didnt have any troubles and I know a lot of other people having the same problems. I have changed setting after setting to attempt to fix it but nothing works at all. Ive basically given up and really dont want to play Tarkov until it is fixed because this is not fun at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zorgis

Same here.

I can send logs if it can help.

CPU and GPU load under 50% all the time.

SPEC
i9 9900k
rtx 3080
32GB 3600cl16
NVMe M.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGeneralScav

Same issue mine is even worse, it feels like im running at 20fps even tho my fps counter reads 90fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zorgis
13 minutes ago, TheGeneralScav said:

Same issue mine is even worse, it feels like im running at 20fps even tho my fps counter reads 90fps.

it's stuttering.

Try to install msi afterburner and rivatuner, to monitor your computer.
In monitoring > Frametime > choose graph.

When I lock my framerate at 100fps, I'm at a steady 10ms with spikes at +300ms (300ms is 3 fps ) for one frame

Edited by zorgis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spliffrichard

Same Problem here.

9900k
2080ti
32GB RAM
NVMe M.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SabsDK

Hey Bois.

I have the same problem, i experience micro-stutters like never before! Is there a fix for this? its painfull, and kill the joy of the game

My Specs ->

RTX 2070 Super 

i5 10600k 

32 ram 3200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siadore

Same issue, i9 9900k & EVGA 1070 SC @ 1440p Max settings, usually 60-70 FPS
Got it too stop after disabling new HQ setting but still stuttering, very possible that needs to SAVE SETTINGS between raids, kinda like the Physical Core setting. Will update this post if I notice this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooty1977

 

2 hours ago, Siadore said:

Same issue, i9 9900k & EVGA 1070 SC @ 1440p Max settings, usually 60-70 FPS
Got it too stop after disabling new HQ setting but still stuttering, very possible that needs to SAVE SETTINGS between raids, kinda like the Physical Core setting. Will update this post if I notice this is the case.

I have the same setup but what is the Physical Core setting ?

I also get like 30fps drops constantly with the stuttering.

Edited by Sooty1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spliffrichard

Tested in offline mode WITHOUT bots and there are no micro stutter. With bots activated and online stutters are there and frames from 110-120 down to 70-80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BM4C

Same issue here. Was running fine until 12.8. Game still says I average around 85fps. Tested multiple different settings and still have the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siadore

@Sooty1977In the first options menu "Use only Physical Cores" are for people using Hyperthreading, using the virtual threads can under perform Tarkov hence the Physical Cores Only. 

Also the HQ Setting has done nothing for me, what I did was similar to @spliffrichard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whatsoeva

same here... but who knows if I am allowed to say... @MylesE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
name548
20 hours ago, Siadore said:

@Sooty1977In the first options menu "Use only Physical Cores" are for people using Hyperthreading, using the virtual threads can under perform Tarkov hence the Physical Cores Only. 

Also the HQ Setting has done nothing for me, what I did was similar to @spliffrichard

I thought this was addressed and fixed a while back, please let me know if I am mistaken as I too am running into low frames averaging 49 fps with micro stutters every few seconds. The game ran perfectly fine at 70-80 frames on ultra 1440p up until this update. Very frustrating.

Specs:
i9 9900k
2080
64GB RAM 3200mhz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sust1200

 I am also experiencing high amout of stuttering constantly and total freeeze every 3-5 seconds for 300-500ms.

Game still has regular standby memory problems ex playing reserve there is 0mb free memory left, thats without any programs open in the background, cleaning this with standby memory cleaner will help but still massive amout of stuttering.

Tested with physicals cores on and OFF makes no difference.

Offline-mode works very nicely, but online always a massive stuttering party.

Game at: 1440P 144hz Freesync+  HIgh quality colours = OFF.

specs:

Windows 10 Pro

16GB DDR4 3200mhz

GTX 2070 Super

[email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roody_ow

Same problem here with 12.8.95..

Micro stutter very often every 2 to 5 second.

i9 9900k

36gm ram 3200mhz

2080ti

problem is somewhat similar to how tarkov used to have stutters exept they are much more frequent but the stutter are very short for me

 

Edited by roody_ow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniellegraham
18 hours ago, name548 said:

I thought this was addressed and fixed a while back, please let me know if I am mistaken as I too am running into low frames averaging 49 fps with micro stutters every few seconds. The game ran perfectly fine at 70-80 frames on ultra 1440p up until this update. Very frustrating.

Specs:
i9 9900k
2080
64GB RAM 3200mhz

Hey, I got the same problem as well. Have you check your system RAM usage? Tarkov eat up 10G of my RAM. My RAM usage is around 96%.

4 hours ago, roody_ow said:

Same problem here with 12.8.95..

Micro stutter very often every 2 to 5 second.

i9 9900k

36gm ram 3200mhz

2080ti

problem is somewhat similar to how tarkov used to have stutters exept they are much more frequent but the stutter are very short for me

 

What a precise description of what we are all facing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniellegraham
5 hours ago, sust1200 said:

 I am also experiencing high amout of stuttering constantly and total freeeze every 3-5 seconds for 300-500ms.

Game still has regular standby memory problems ex playing reserve there is 0mb free memory left, thats without any programs open in the background, cleaning this with standby memory cleaner will help but still massive amout of stuttering.

Tested with physicals cores on and OFF makes no difference.

Offline-mode works very nicely, but online always a massive stuttering party.

Game at: 1440P 144hz Freesync+  HIgh quality colours = OFF.

specs:

Windows 10 Pro

16GB DDR4 3200mhz

GTX 2070 Super

[email protected]

I also experienced the same problem(extreme high RAM usage and freeze) like you and had my WIN10 reinstalled.

Well, total freeze is gone now but micro stutter still exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roody_ow
52 minutes ago, daniellegraham said:

 

What a precise description of what we are all facing.

Is that sarcastic? if so what else should I write down to help the description?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
name548
5 hours ago, daniellegraham said:

Hey, I got the same problem as well. Have you check your system RAM usage? Tarkov eat up 10G of my RAM. My RAM usage is around 96%.

What a precise description of what we are all facing.

I've only ever ram 32GB of ram on tarkov and as of a few months ago I went to 64GB so RAM isn't an issue. With that said though, I have seen my computer with just tarkov, discord, and maybe a few other small programs like RGB softwares and stuff, my ram usage has gone over 16GB which is more than the average person has on their PC since 16GB is the norm. Here's some good news though, I seem to have fixed both my low frames and my stuttering (aside from tarkov's normal small stuttering once or twice a game) but as of now I can't say with 100% certainty what fixed it but here's everything I did. Updated windows (I'm still running version 1903 as I still don't trust version 2004 yet) There were only 2 small updates that only appeared within the last few days but regardless, I updated. I then updated my icue software as that has been out of date for a few weeks now. I then switched my Tarkov settings to use hyperthreading as I switched from an i7 9700k to an i9 9900k so Tarkov had hyperthreading disabled by default since the 9700k was 8 cores with no additional threads. I then turned off v-sync. All other settings were left untouched. Now I'm back to 70-80 frames on ultra 1440p with no stutters. My guess is it was either the enabling of hyperthreading (although I doubt it), but my bet is it was the disabling of v-sync that fixed the problem. I'm assuming they have messed up the game's interaction with v-sync which I'm sure a lot of people have enabled, which would explain why so many people are having problems. Those were all of the steps I took to get it working. I'm sure the windows update and icue update were irrelevant, but there's no reason not to share every tiny step I took as maybe this will help someone else. Good luck! and may the loot be ever in your favor 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SSUbears13
4 hours ago, name548 said:

I've only ever ram 32GB of ram on tarkov and as of a few months ago I went to 64GB so RAM isn't an issue. With that said though, I have seen my computer with just tarkov, discord, and maybe a few other small programs like RGB softwares and stuff, my ram usage has gone over 16GB which is more than the average person has on their PC since 16GB is the norm. Here's some good news though, I seem to have fixed both my low frames and my stuttering (aside from tarkov's normal small stuttering once or twice a game) but as of now I can't say with 100% certainty what fixed it but here's everything I did. Updated windows (I'm still running version 1903 as I still don't trust version 2004 yet) There were only 2 small updates that only appeared within the last few days but regardless, I updated. I then updated my icue software as that has been out of date for a few weeks now. I then switched my Tarkov settings to use hyperthreading as I switched from an i7 9700k to an i9 9900k so Tarkov had hyperthreading disabled by default since the 9700k was 8 cores with no additional threads. I then turned off v-sync. All other settings were left untouched. Now I'm back to 70-80 frames on ultra 1440p with no stutters. My guess is it was either the enabling of hyperthreading (although I doubt it), but my bet is it was the disabling of v-sync that fixed the problem. I'm assuming they have messed up the game's interaction with v-sync which I'm sure a lot of people have enabled, which would explain why so many people are having problems. Those were all of the steps I took to get it working. I'm sure the windows update and icue update were irrelevant, but there's no reason not to share every tiny step I took as maybe this will help someone else. Good luck! and may the loot be ever in your favor 

disabled v-sync and nothing. stutters are gone in offline with no scavs. online stutters are back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rehtiossi

I have also the issue of microstuttering. After doing some tests none of my components seem in any way limited as gpu is under 75% load, cpu under 25% load (8 core) and both ram and vram got room to spare. I have the game limited to 120fps as that is my monitor refresh rate. When playing I sometimes log a 1 minute pass to see how bad is it and the average fps hovers around 115 to 100 depending on the map but the 1% lows are 3fps. Which is the worst I have seen in any game ever and way below playable of course. I have tried most work arounds but I'm just flat out of ideas on what to do. It didn't use to be this bad but tarkov has always run extremely poorly (for me at least). Got no other option atm than to wait for a fix

Edited by Rehtiossi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sust1200

Todays hotfix did not solve my issues, still persistent.  Going to stop trying to fix it, and just wait for devs to update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TishoN9794

Same here micro stutters every 4 5 sec! Hotfix bla bla does nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2