John_pirate_

Heavy Bleeding

John_pirate_

I was wondering why Heavy Bleeding isn't stopped by the IFAK? The contents of an IFAK in real life is:

• Tourniquet, Combat Application (CAT, Combat Application Tourniquet)
  • Bandage Kit, Elastic
  • Bandage Gauze 4-1/2″ 100/Pkg
  • Adhesive Tape Surg 2″ 6’s Roll
  • Airway, Nasopharyngeal, 28fr, 12s
  • Glove, Patient Exam 100/Pkg (4ea)
  • Pouch, IFAK

The Current IFAK(2) comes with an additional tourniquet, eye shield, strap cutter, rubber valve for sucking chest wound on top of the IFAK items.

• Upvote 2

Mart7Mcfl7

This heavy bleading poo needs to be stopped in the state that it's in. Either make random meds spawn more or add some mechanic where you can stem the flow. A heavy bleed as a scav is more or less a death sentence.

Dev's need to make their minds up on what a heavy bleed is iirc a Salewa wont stop a 'Heavy Bleed' You'd have just as much chance with creating a tourniquet out of bandages and a stick, unless of course people think basic tier first aid kist contain arterial clamps and ligatures.

It is rather funny though, highly trained military operatives bleeding out in a bush because they don't have the sense to use the bandages they havein the correct way...

Edited by Mart7Mcfl7
more ranting thanks
  • Upvote 2

davidj123456
7 hours ago, Mart7Mcfl7 said:

This heavy bleading poo needs to be stopped in the state that it's in. Either make random meds spawn more or add some mechanic where you can stem the flow. A heavy bleed as a scav is more or less a death sentence.

Dev's need to make their minds up on what a heavy bleed is iirc a Salewa wont stop a 'Heavy Bleed' You'd have just as much chance with creating a tourniquet out of bandages and a stick, unless of course people think basic tier first aid kist contain arterial clamps and ligatures.

It is rather funny though, highly trained military operatives bleeding out in a bush because they don't have the sense to use the bandages they havein the correct way...

Yeah because in an apocalypse-like environment medication that stops heavy bleeds is common...

TensedTatterTot
11 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Yeah because in an apocalypse-like environment medication that stops heavy bleeds is common...

True, but the rest of his point is valid. I always found it funny that games heading fro some realistic elements make their games less realistic in the process. Tourniquets can be made by anything strong enough to withstand the force you need to put it under for example. Although the likelihood of you using your leg with a tourniquet is very low. But then it is with a broken leg/splint.

I think like any EFT mechanic, it just needs some refining that' is all.

John_pirate_
12 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Tourniquets can be made from a stick and any type of cloth more then an inch thick. In real life, medications aren't used to stop heavy bleeding....

Edited by John_pirate_
  • Upvote 1

davidj123456
3 hours ago, John_pirate_ said:

Tourniquets can be made from a stick and any type of cloth more then an inch thick. In real life, medications aren't used to stop heavy bleeding....

Yeah and half of that will break if you try to move around with it too much

Bracobe

Still wondering why anything that could fix a heavy bleed should be able to fix a light bleed.  And if a heavy bleed item can fix a light bleed item then things that stop light bleeds become useless.

ColonelColt

I think you should be able to fashion a splint or tourniquet out of something like duct tape and maybe something else if you happen to have it or can find it and have enough time... But we're talking like 30 seconds here at least. That way if you're a scav or just in a bad situation you can start ransacking boxes and hope you find the right stuff.  Maybe with heavy bleeding it would only move it down to light bleeding and you couldn't heal that with a normal bandage. This is the kind of stuff real soldiers have had to deal with for a long time. Pack it with gauze or  cloth and wrap with a lot of tape and get out.  Otherwise I kind of think the chance  of spawning as a scav with a tourniquet really needs to go up because, as said previously, getting into any real fight is now basically a death sentence even if you have heavy chest armor somehow.

• Like 1

Majlo

Realistic capabilities/utility for medkits should definitely be considered.

If a kit has x it should do x in game too.

krisdt

Yeah the heavy bleed mechanic is ridiculous. What was the need for it? You cant afford to get into pvp as a scav anymore. This patch has been a mess. OP flash shells and a bleed mechanic which was not thought out well enough. At least it's only beta right? They'll change it soon, right? 

• Upvote 1

NovaPOP

Too many health issues in Tarkov now, I did think that there needed to be a faster way to die with bleeding, however, there is no point in carrying any other med apart from Salewa's. this has rendered the other meds useless.  Or we need to have a med pouch that is separate and part of the load out for all the different systems now needed.

I died today to a heavy bleeding and the salewa did not work, so the mechanic is still not right, that's OK! we are in testing. The med mechanic/ system and how this is applied needs to be worked out on a fall chart to show the repercussion to the rest of the system when introducing items like heavy bleeding and how this affects the use of meds. Ifak should be OK to use but uses more of the of the med, less hit for salewa's and less for grizzly making the decision process for meds more of a balance and decision process. Yes  have the  Tourniquets and the other items if you like but there use is going to be nullified due to the salewa's fixing heavy and light bleeds.

I don't see the need to juggle so many different things for repairing injures, it is becoming annoying and not very good to the flow of the overall game. I don't mind sitting in a bush or corner repairing but lets make it more of a flow than a juggle. 

Zeroa

Hi all, this is a great conversation that is running parallel to another thread on the forum.  If you have more opinions, ideas, and feedback to add please do so on the thread below in order to aggregate the information in one place:

Thanks!
#locked