davidj123456

As a new player what did you struggle with most?

davidj123456

I am just curious what people say

Sivisoko

I would assume, lack of tutorial but hey that's hardcore part of game, map position and especially when people come to play with mindset of it's FPS, that's biggest problem :D

Shiver7
  • Finding extract on any map. This was the reason I started using the wiki.
  • Not getting lost on the maps. Eventually I printed out maps of Customs, Interchange, Shoreline, and Woods
  • Getting used to the level 1 trader weapons. Slow ADS times on Mosin made me ignore it. I used the SKS the most but reloading bullet by bullet makes me wish clips were here already. I don't bother with the Kedr, and I don't get why its mount and the 30 round magazines aren't at level 1 traders. Glock 17 being purchasable with Roubles is a nice change and it became another favorite, even though most armor stops level 1 trader ammo.
  • Learning what was and wasn't worth extracting with. I had to fight my natural inclination to loot everything off a body and spent a lot of time alt-tabbing between the wiki and my inventory.

Majlo

I can't recall struggling with anything in specific when I started out just over 2 years ago.

• Sad 1

vampy

Finding extractions finding the areas where the best loot is and learning what sort of scavs are carrying and picking my fights

Carro_Veloce

Finding out which keys opened what doors and which were more valuable than others.

chrisragnar

PvP. Was the classic working so hard to get a major advantage but everyone just tanked like bosses and I would just die or be hunted forever.

And armor, at that time there was no market and I made no progress with traders so I never had any armor. Plus one of the first quest was like "turn in 2 fort armor" or something. And the only way to get fort was to be the last one standing on factory pretty much.

Nutcracker87

Seeing as i started quite late and the game had the flee market and all it was just a learning curve but there wasnt much there to call a major struggle. Controls perhaps, the game is quite stiff. Oh hm inventory space definatelly was as i started out with the basic game and it was a struggle untill i knew how to manage it well and got cases and so on. 

Edited by Nutcracker87

davidj123456

For me it was ammunition, weapon builds, and what weapons to use when.
I remember during last wipe when I got a bunch of money and could afford using end-game gear all the time I would use Altyn, Slick Plate/Killa, Meta HK416..... and I would load it with M855A1 which had like 37 pen or something very bad at the time

Bankoletti

Lack of knowledge about the game was worst for me. Yes you can read the wiki and watch youtube, but still, there's an enormous amount of knowledge needed for Tarkov and you can absorb only so much. I realize now, after 4 months of playing, that knowledge is the most powerful weapon in Tarkov.

For example - it was incomprehensible for me at first why do I die so often in first seconds in a raid with my PMC, while I have a fair chance of surviving entire raid as a Scav. Kept me confused till the point I learned PMCs all spawn at the same time, and only on few, very well known locations; whereas Scavs spawn basically randomly in time and over many more spawn points and are virtually impossible to spawn kill if not for pure luck.

LoginTaken

Learning that 95% of ammo is worthless.

Biala_Mewa

I've started playing this game in April. Luckily I've played with one person who taught me everything in this game, so my beginning was not very hard and painful 🙂 But I had struggled the most with learning map. I remember when everything on Customs looked the same for me, Woods and Shoreline was even harder to learn ("where is he? behind the tree!") 😄 In addition, Tarkov is the first game I've played which has no tips and hints, no HUD during raid, no mini map. Of course I love it (finally a game which doesn't lead you by the hand), but for me, as new player then, it was kind of problem when my teammate died and I was left alone :D To be honest, it comes from the other games - they accustom us to have hint on every step. In Tarkov we have to learn by ourselves. 

behi09ma
1 hour ago, LoginTaken said:

Learning that 95% of ammo is worthless.

wait for armor system and hit boxes for the torso area. then you will take back your sayings about the ammo, cause the shittiest ammo in the game will be god tier one.

InversoSk3lo

Getting to level 10 so I can surpass the ridiculously terrible weapon selection and bad ammo handicap. Thanks to everyone whinging about the Mosin. Outside of the barter trade weapons for which have no mags (except the pp-19) for sale by the traders. There are no useful pvp weapons so your pretty well screwed if anyone even looks in your general direction unless you can get lucky with a magic head eyes. Ammo is easy enough to come by if you know where to look, 5.45 BT I'm looking at you. 

Small gripe but I'm trying to play through a new char without touching my scav so I can relinquish my gear fear anxiety. This said, to lvl 10 I basically just went in with a loaded SKS, no additional ammo, shot a scav and picked up their loadout as even they have more useful equipment then what the traders sell. A Vepr KM (7.62 or .399) is a god send with a few extra 10 round mags over a top loading SKS and you'll always get it back.

DrSheepbringer

Just started and Aye the exits and thus using maps (not ingame) and coming to an exit and it tells you need a rope, friendly scav, 3000ru...and then when you curse and move on...Boom someone shoots you in the thorax :) Truth to be said that isn’t a struggle, but weapon modding and overall knowing what fits YOUR gun from all the gazillion parts. I know there is that search link that unlocks...lvl10? Still. I do love the idea of unknown items and that you need to study them. Strongest struggle....perhaps maps design. 

DeadmodeUK
On 10/21/2020 at 6:31 PM, Majlo said:

I can't recall struggling with anything in specific when I started out just over 2 years ago.

For me, when I started back in early Alpha and also when I return from any hiatus, I find the most uncomfortable struggle is map knowledge initially. Learning where the extracts are, potential spawns, routes from common locations (so that I don't go in circles) was the hardest part for me. Every time I leave the game for a few wipes there's always a map or expansion to learn!
The next thing, and is a constant battle (but does get easier with time), is more about the psychological side of the game. Overcoming gear fear, controlling my anxiety and fear during a raid, keeping my cool during encounters and staying level-headed and making the right decisions. This is the longest and hardest struggle I have had with EFT.

I have a good knowledge of firearms so am lucky that understanding parts and mods wasn't too difficult. Learning the loot values to know what is worth what is not too much of an issue and it's just knowledge you build on. So it's only really understanding any new content such as armour, guns, ammo etc, but I wouldn't say it's a struggle, just a hurdle.

So yeah, map knowledge and the mental game for me. I was fortunate to start this game when there was really very minimal content in comparison to today, so the learning curve was nowhere near as steep. As such, all I need to do is build on the already-acquired knowledge each time I come back to learn the new content additions, whatever they may be. A new player today has a huge and probably overwhelming amount of things to learn just to grasp the basics!

MylesE

You guys are derailing this thread. Back on track please. 

I struggled with playing in 5 mans, and keeping track of where my team mates were. Team killing was a thing for quite a while 😂

budman420710
42 minutes ago, MylesE said:

You guys are derailing this thread. Back on track please. 

I struggled with playing in 5 mans, and keeping track of where my team mates were. Team killing was a thing for quite a while 😂

I still struggle with this and have been playing for 6 months 😂it gives me anxiety everytime i play with friends