Dropping stuff for friends?

starstrukk

Hey guys I just wanted to ask how much stuff you can safely drop to your friend without getting banned?
One of my friends is just starting the game and I'm just sitting on my millions, naturally I wanted to gift him some stuff but I heard from multiple people that this is bannable?

Let's say a Small SICC case or something or a Red Rebel Ice pick, will I get banned if I drop him something like that?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi starstrukk,

Basically dropping items to "friend" is a boosting which is not allowed.

But some basic items low level ones etc can be considered fine once in a while, but SICC case, RR are high end loot so be careful.

Kind regards,

Sivisoko

Hi guys...

I dont care if I am banned just because I say this now but yes I dropped my teammate also guns and stuff so we were actually be able to play with better equipment. A THICC case well its really expensive and I would also consider this as too much, but due to the fact that I never saw a rule which stated I am not allowed, I cant say...

But I want to mention to all who may flame with "uhh that is boosting" please remember that whatever you drop to anyone, the other one has to escape whatever you dropped and this is definitely not always a simple task! I would compare this in a far way like as playing a scav round where you can also extract whatever you can carry.

In my honest opinion there should be a clear rule which states the exact amount or define exact items what is allowed in this case and what is not!

29 minutes ago, Sivisoko said:

Basically dropping items to "friend" is a boosting which is not allowed.

I doubt that boosting itself is forbidden, but here is how i see it:

BSG has lots of nightmares about cheaters and RMT, so to make sure that BSG can detect RMTs better we all should keep sharing stuff with our mates to a minimum.

@BSG, instead of spreading fear among the community we should all encourage the playerbase instead to stop boosting untill RMT dropped to a acceptable lvl. 

So giving your mates some basic weapons here and there is good, BUT items like keys, valuable items like bitcoins, and everything else that RMT'S are using to trade is a no go.

Keep in mind that every time, we look like RMTs, BSG will have a more difficult job to identify Cheaters. If the entire community would keep that in mind for like a year or so, then Labs could finally start being playable.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I got banned last week, dont know for what reason (I've asked for BGS the reason). 

The only thing I can imagine, of for some reason, was the fact I dropped my RR for my duo.

I had like 400 milion rubles and he had nothing, so I did that. My account still banned, so be careful! 

Good people are suffering the consequences due the bad people who do RMT

My opinion - you should be able to drop any valuable items you want for your friends ONLY because you can't then sell them on the flea market. Someone mentioned earlier about having to escape with said item but that's almost a non-issue if it fits in your secure container. 

The facts - probably not a good idea. Something every so often that is weapon/gear related will probably be fine, but as mentioned earlier: cases, RR, rare valuable loot, etc. will almost certainly get you banned. 

If we want Tarkov to be as realistic as possible, we should be able to establish a "faction", for lack of a better term, where there could be a "faction stash" that anyone in your faction could take from/put into. But that's another conversation for another day.