Rekonsile

Iron sights FOV bugs

SkyCloud

Hello @Rekonsile,

The weapon use in the footage is an AS VAL and it uses 9x39mm which is a Big, Slow, Subsonic projectile. Therefore the bulletdrop on this ammunition is excessive. Also in EFT bulletdrop is exaggerated, they drop faster than real life or any other games.

I do not recall the reason behind this but I remember that this was a design choice(not a bug). When you combine these two circumstances you get the results in your footage because rather than a rifle the gun acts like a catapult, that's why you hit above your aim, your bullet is still on the rise to hit the zeroed target(100m right) but the shooting range is less than 100 meters.

I found these illustrations which can help you to comprehend the situation better.

882259677_Eikat.gif.8939f38d0d8c6b214a259a64976ec54b.gif

trajectory.png.65b36f906ba5358e099371f5c7f49884.png

See You in Tarkov,

SkyCloud

• Like 1

Rekonsile
12 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

Hello @Rekonsile,

The weapon use in the footage is an AS VAL and it uses 9x39mm which is a Big, Slow, Subsonic projectile. Therefore the bulletdrop on this ammunition is excessive. Also in EFT bulletdrop is exaggerated, they drop faster than real life or any other games.

I do not recall the reason behind this but I remember that this was a design choice(not a bug). When you combine these two circumstances you get the results in your footage because rather than a rifle the gun acts like a catapult, that's why you hit above your aim, your bullet is still on the rise to hit the zeroed target(100m right) but the shooting range is less than 100 meters.

I found these illustrations which can help you to comprehend the situation better.

882259677_Eikat.gif.8939f38d0d8c6b214a259a64976ec54b.gif

trajectory.png.65b36f906ba5358e099371f5c7f49884.png

See You in Tarkov,

SkyCloud

i understand how rounds leave a gun and hit a target.  im saying why cant we zero them like we can in real life. i have the Mbus sights and you can zero them under 100 yards much like most premium iron sights. even the standard sights on my ak allow for zeroing at much closer ranges.  Most of the sights in game also rarely hit at the range you zero at.

Also the shooting range is just under 25 meters if i do recall. even at 25 meters you wont see 8 inches of bullet rise from most weapons. the Ash 12 for instance hits like 2 feet above the target with ironsights if you aim for the head which makes absolutely no sense

Edited by Rekonsile