Emperorlok

Exit Camping

Emperorlok

Hello fellow players 
How often have you die by one or more person's siting in a bush next to the near exit that you like to take ?

First of all i understand that its a way of playing ( camping the exit )  and those who dont want to play this way have to check every single corner bush before exit the map.

I believe there should be a radiation mechanic effect i dont know near the exits so if some one want to camp should at least have the proper gear or items to counter the effect.

That way those who decide to pick the way of camping would have some risk instead of lay free for lot of time undamaged 

02_
4 minutes ago, Emperorlok said:

How often have you die by one or more person's siting in a bush next to the near exit that you like to take ?

First of all i understand that its a way of playing ( camping the exit )  and those who dont want to play this way have to check every single corner bush before exit the map.

I believe there should be a radiation mechanic effect i dont know near the exits so if some one want to camp should at least have the proper gear or items to counter the effect.

While i mostly dwell on LAB's, i do occasionally leave the rat's nest to get a bit of fresh air. In roughly 3 years of playing Tarkov, the amount of times i have encountered extract campers can be counted on one hand. 

With time comes experience and with experience you will be able to guess/assume quickly if someone is camping in a area, of course there will never be a guarantee but it will be easier. Extract camping is not a good way to profit hence why its rarely done, most of the time it just happens to be coincidence that you both end up heading for the extract around the same time and spook each other.

• Upvote 1

Emperorlok
1 minute ago, 02_ said:

I am not suggesting to remove exit camping i am just suggesting to make it so those who Pick this style of play to not be easy for them to balance or even the score for those who dont want to camp for xmple 

02_
10 minutes ago, Emperorlok said:

I am not suggesting to remove exit camping i am just suggesting to make it so those who Pick this style of play to not be easy for them to balance or even the score for those who dont want to camp for xmple 

I understand where you are comming from, but Tarkov is not about perfect balance of risk. You yourself choose how you want to experience the game be that what map you play or how you play, you are in control of that decision. making (what i consider) a valid tactic obsolete/harder would just discourage players to enjoy the game that way even further.

Camping is a lazy task but i can't say its "easy", yes you lay down and do nothing all raid. But if your opponent is experienced they will most likely prepare for the possibility of a extract camper, either by using grenades or movement & suppression to their advantage.
And if you brought a cheap loadout, then you will have a hard time to penetrate their armor. If you brought a good loadout, then you are risking that kit. 

Edited by 02_

MylesE
21 minutes ago, 02_ said:

While i mostly dwell on LAB's, i do occasionally leave the rat's nest to get a bit of fresh air. In roughly 3 years of playing Tarkov, the amount of times i have encountered extra

With time comes experience and with experience you will be able to guess/assume quickly if someone is camping in a area, of course there will never be a guarantee but it will be easier. Extract camping is not a good way to profit hence why its rarely done, most of the time it just happens to be coincidence that you both end up heading for the extract around the same time and spook each other.

This is more in line with what I have experienced as well.  Part of the appeal of Tarkov to me is there's so many ways to play the game.  Not sure I would want to see features implemented to limit certain it to certain styles.  

• Upvote 1

That1RuskiDude

If anything I hardly see extract campers as an issue, it's really your own fault for running in and not clearing properly, and if someone is there, then you had coming to you. It's funny that when you camp a door or a certain spot and kill someone, it's their own fault, but as soon as you god forbid camp an extract then Nikita should banish you to Tarkov Hell, it's stupid.  

Emperorlok
24 minutes ago, 02_ said:

I understand where you come from, but Tarkov is not about perfect balance of risk.

Yea i saw that is not perfect balance ... shotgun flash for 30 sec no way to counter it perfect balance LoL

Camping is a lazy task but i can't say its "easy", yes you lay down and do nothing all raid. But if your opponent is experienced they will most likely prepare for the possibility of a extract camper

I never said that its easy but you can actually stay prone with ur headphones on and play farm villa on ur phone  lol .

I was a victim of a exit camper from my first levels and after that i tried my self to get experience to counter it , but by 85 % the players who go for extract are damaged or with low durability on armors and even with a med-low loadout you can get him cause how ever experience you are there are the most of the times 35 bushes 5 corners to check  

All i am suggesting is to give a negative something on those who choose to camp on exits as those who choose to raid and risk everything that they have in order to make there quest there game .

Edited by Emperorlok

02_
7 minutes ago, Emperorlok said:

but by 85 % the players who go for extract are damaged or with low durability on armors and even with a med-low loadout you can get him cause how ever experience you are there are the most of the times 35 bushes 5 corners to check  

Please don't misunderstand, i am not trying to be rude. But if you don't prepare for a engagement at the extract location before hand, you can't blame anyone else but yourself. If you know that something can happen, its your job to prepare for it.

that can be either a GL or perhaps a flash shotgun, or in this case a extract camper.

Edited by 02_

Emperorlok
2 minutes ago, 02_ said:

Please don't misunderstand, i am not trying to be rude. But if you don't prepare for a engagement at the extract location before hand, you can't blame anyone else but yourself. If you know that something can happen, its your job to prepare for it.

that can be either a GL or perhaps a flash shotgun, or in this case a extract camper.

I understand that you are not try to be rude . And i know that it is my own responsibility to check to do the necessary staff so i can extract .

I am just suggesting something that wont stop extract camping but if some one want to extract camp to do something as the rest do something in prosses to reach that extract point.

lets say for example

I camp next to Zb-11 on customs in order for me to stay there for 20 or more mins to w8 for some one to extract i have to consume a A type of antibiotics so i dont get harm by lets say radiation poison 

Instead of just lay there doing nothing and when the person come to extract go out and kill him or me dyeing .

• Sad 1

coredumped7893
4 hours ago, Emperorlok said:

I understand that you are not try to be rude . And i know that it is my own responsibility to check to do the necessary staff so i can extract .

I am just suggesting something that wont stop extract camping but if some one want to extract camp to do something as the rest do something in prosses to reach that extract point.

lets say for example

I camp next to Zb-11 on customs in order for me to stay there for 20 or more mins to w8 for some one to extract i have to consume a A type of antibiotics so i dont get harm by lets say radiation poison 

Instead of just lay there doing nothing and when the person come to extract go out and kill him or me dyeing .

Honestly, last time I was killed on extract was like 4 month ago. And I agree that: "You yourself choose how you want to experience". If someone wants to camp then he will do it anyway. Your radiation mechanic idea is not bad, but I think it can have better use in different locations(/scenarios), because it still won`t prevent someone to snipe you on extract. Let`s take as an example: emercon on Interchange. There are so many bushes in the area that you don`t really have to be on extract location. Mosin with small scope and 100m distance is enough.

(Remember that this is only MY opinion) Currently I don`t really consider camping as a problem in Tarkov. It happens quite rare(at least for me) and I would say. It can have some benefits to the game too. When you know that behind every corner someone can wait and camp. You start to play more carefully, running around and not really carying about your surrounding is not good tactic in this kind of situation. And I believe that slow gameplay fits the best for Tarkov

Edited by coredumped7893

p4nnus
4 hours ago, Emperorlok said:

lets say for example

Youre asking for a playstyle to be penalized based on a false claim of it being too powerful. Its not. Thus it wont be penalized. Youre just not simple experienced enough to understand this. You need to be careful right till the end. 

And to edit: You know why I dont ever die to extract campers? Because I almost always extract when theres 5 or less minutes left. If you utilize the raid time well enough, the ones who ambush are long gone. I still slice the pie and check the usual spots, on top of having a friend do the same and cover me.

Edited by p4nnus
  • Sad 1

Spectator6

Something that might help cut down on the bush-wookie stuff would be to either limit how "deep" a player can go toward the center of a bush and/or have the player lower his weapon when he gets to a certain "depth". 

These modifications may naturally encourage players to treat thick bushes and shrubbery like actual people do.

For example, if we look at the hedges that line some of the buildings near the chopper, even that little bit of a slow-down and players readily take the cut-out paths, etc to avoid them. I imagine that if players' weapons were lowered/obstructed near the center of bushes/etc it too would lead to a very organic avoidance of many bush-wookie tactics.

Thoughts?

-----

As a sidenote, I don't know for sure, but I suspect one of the main reasons players are able to walk through the center of pretty much all non-tree foliage is to reduce the amount of computations required for AI pathfinding.

Edited by Spectator6
clarify
  • Upvote 1

Emperorlok
3 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Something that might help cut down on the bush-wookie stuff would be to either limit how "deep" a player can go toward the center of a bush and/or have the player lower his weapon when he gets to a certain "depth". 

These modifications may naturally encourage players to treat thick bushes and shrubbery like actual people do.

For example, if we look at the hedges that line some of the buildings near the chopper, even that little bit of a slow-down and players readily take the cut-out paths, etc to avoid them. I imagine that if players' weapons were lowered/obstructed near the center of bushes/etc it too would lead to a very organic avoidance of many bush-wookie tactics.

Thoughts?

-----

As a sidenote, I don't know for sure, but I suspect one of the main reasons players are able to walk through the center of pretty much all non-tree foliage is to reduce the amount of computations required for AI pathfinding.

Sadly bushes are not dense enough to not let players go through . 
In real life ppl cant stand inside a bush we usely as i have military training as sniper i usely had to be the bush with camo 
so from the time that we dont have dense bushes the only fair is to implement something ells   

Emperorlok
3 hours ago, coredumped7893 said:

Your radiation mechanic idea is not bad

thank you

Let`s take as an example: emercon on Interchange

Thats another thing that also have to have in mind but i never said to remove or stop players to exit camp i said to make it a bit more hard for them to camp on exits near the exits because  i believe  it is more fair

dkg

I rarely see exit camping at all. Sometimes it happens on factory and pretty annoying is sewers on Reserve because it's not that easy to extract that map in the first place but I don't think it is that much of a deal. Camping (in general not exclusively on extract) is actually natural for that kind of games and it provides balance so that you can't run around like in Call of Duty. Unless it's a certain spot that exploits the very design of a map or certain game mechanics it shouldn't be touched.

The radiation mechanic is very bad because it makes problem even worse making extract camping exclusive for high level and rich players

Edited by dkg

p4nnus
21 hours ago, Emperorlok said:

it is more fair

BTW you also forget that EFT is not supposed to be fair. It would be beneficial for you to keep that in mind, might save you from future disappointments. 

• Hot 3

Da_Kyuss
21 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

BTW you also forget that EFT is not supposed to be fair. It would be beneficial for you to keep that in mind, might save you from future disappointments. 

+1

luke2012bro

It would be nice if the community would not exit camp as much, as a new player in this game its really a downer. I have been SCAV exit camped 3 times now and as a PMC twice. Its really rough when your only level 3 and don't have any scopes or armor. I mean I get this is supposed to hardcore to the extreme but really?! Exit camping? Where's the honour in that?? 

Zeroa
2 hours ago, luke2012bro said:

Exit camping? Where's the honour in that?? 

Welcome to Tarkov, comrade.  

Being a newer player, with time, you'll learn how to combat the issue and it won't be such a huge deal but it is realllly annoying at first.  Gotta learn to laugh it off, reset, run it back, and not let it happen again. 

I run Shoreline the most and out of the hundreds and hundreds of raids I've done I have probably encountered less than fifty confirmed extract campers.  

I say confirmed to mean that I hunted their position from an uncommon angle to discover them laying or couching in a hidden position watching the extract with the proper weapon to the engagement range.

I far more often will arrive at the extract and surrounding area and have an engagement but I can say with 95% certainty that it is a matter of both raid parties arriving at the same time. 

ViolentVeggies

As someone who started playing in January this year and has already amassed 1300 hrs into this game, I can confirm it gets easier. Map knowledge is everything with this game and trust me, I was the guy who complained about exit camping. I've had it a handful of times but at the end of the day, every time it happened I then knew roughly where they would be hanging out and I would adapt my play style. Emercon! Yes, it's horrendous but I have never been exit camped since learning the 3 main spots people camp and running a certain path to the exit, where most campers can't see you. Learn the maps, be on edge all the time and you'll find yourself over coming this issue. 

Personally now, this is another great edge to the game I love, you just never know who might be lurking and you can lose it all. 

• Like 1

MoltenBlade
On 10/23/2020 at 4:25 AM, 02_ said:

I understand where you are comming from, but Tarkov is not about perfect balance of risk. You yourself choose how you want to experience the game be that what map you play or how you play, you are in control of that decision. making (what i consider) a valid tactic obsolete/harder would just discourage players to enjoy the game that way even further.

Camping is a lazy task but i can't say its "easy", yes you lay down and do nothing all raid. But if your opponent is experienced they will most likely prepare for the possibility of a extract camper, either by using grenades or movement & suppression to their advantage.
And if you brought a cheap loadout, then you will have a hard time to penetrate their armor. If you brought a good loadout, then you are risking that kit. 

You can't really do much about exit campers at Interchange though. It's such a large open area that even if you did max your strength, grenades probably wouldn't reach the camper before you get domed.

You also state that you can play however you want, but if I go into a raid with just a melee weapon, I get hunted by all the scavs on the map. The reason being Nikita wants players to engage in gunfights, but most of the time it's just not worth it for me, So I'll take my chances. Meanwhile, little Timmy is sniping me from across the map with a Mosin while safely sitting in a bush, with no penalty at all.

If I were in charge of taking care of not just exit- but all campers, I'd make it so sitting in one spot for too long would cause loss of experience in certain skills, as some form of atrophying.

p4nnus
21 minutes ago, MoltenBlade said:

You can't really do much about exit campers at Interchange though. It's such a large open area that even if you did max your strength, grenades probably wouldn't reach the camper before you get domed.

You also state that you can play however you want, but if I go into a raid with just a melee weapon, I get hunted by all the scavs on the map. The reason being Nikita wants players to engage in gunfights, but most of the time it's just not worth it for me, So I'll take my chances. Meanwhile, little Timmy is sniping me from across the map with a Mosin while safely sitting in a bush, with no penalty at all.

If I were in charge of taking care of not just exit- but all campers, I'd make it so sitting in one spot for too long would cause loss of experience in certain skills, as some form of atrophying.

If you have a 5 man squad, you can spread out to 20m open line and thus have people at nade distance. Not enough? 

Prefire all the bushes from the loading docks or highway. You will probably get the ambushing person(s) scared and moving out of cover/concealment.

Hatchling meta was absolutely destroying the risk vs reward aspect of EFT and at the same time the economy. If you werent here to see that, I understand you think what we have is harsh. It was a needed change though, I dont think its all there will be done about it, if the problem still persists. What we have now eliminates most of this.

If little Timmy snipes you from the other end of the map, he deserves the kill. I dare you to try to snipe across any map, its impossible as the render distance doesnt go that far.

Theres plenty of other threads where newbies like you want ambushing people punished. Its not gonna happen, as EFT is not a game that is supposed to be fair, but rather realistic. Its also a sandbox, thus people playing in a reasonable scope of this sandbox wont be penalized. Hatchling meta was abusing the container system, unlike BSG had foreseen. Thats why it was penalized, it was against one of the core aspects of the game.